No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeRozan isn't making any higher than 2nd team All-NBA. It's guards, forwards and center.

There's no way he's making the 1st team over Curry and Harden. Nor should he. He has an argument with anyone else though.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      Just read nobody in NBA history has ever scored 50+ with the efficiency DeRozan just did: 55+% FG, 55+% 3PT, 100% FT. Most efficient 50+ point game of all time - DeMar DeRozan.
      I don't think that's true. There's about 14 games that come up when you search those numbers, many with better percentages than DeRozan. Without running the efficiency numbers for each, I'd guess either Steph Curry or Dana Barros has the most efficient 50 pt game ever.

https://stats.nba.com/search/player-...t=FT_PCT&dir=1

Comment

• DeMar DeRozan is ma favorite basketball player

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
          I don't think that's true. There's about 14 games that come up when you search those numbers, many with better percentages than DeRozan. Without running the efficiency numbers for each, I'd guess either Steph Curry or Dana Barros has the most efficient 50 pt game ever.

https://stats.nba.com/search/player-...t=FT_PCT&dir=1
          That is one nice list of microwaves, thanks.

Both TS% and eFG% penalize a line like DeRozan's for scoring so many FT's, they both far favour a line like Curry's 10 3PM/1 FT. Certainly neither of them account at all for going 13/13 from the line, which is a bit weird if we're talking about shooting efficiency. Any thoughts on other metrics that better account for scoring % from all three spots - 2 pt, 3 pt, and FT?
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• "DeMar DeRozan became the first player in NBA history to score 50 points on New Year's Day, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. He set a franchise record with 52 points and the most-improved part of his game shined through: his passing. DeRozan dished out eight assists to bring his points scored and assisted total to 71 points, more than half the Raptors' total points (131) in the overtime win. -- Vincent Johnson" http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...nkings-week-12

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
              DeRozan isn't making any higher than 2nd team All-NBA. It's guards, forwards and center.

There's no way he's making the 1st team over Curry and Harden. Nor should he. He has an argument with anyone else though.
              He has no argument over westbrook either. As it stands right now I'd let whoever finishes higher of Boston and toronto decide irving or derozan for that 4th spot.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• True Shooting % accounts for free throws SR - basically it calls every 2 free throws a shot and then adds some modifier for the 3 point plays.
                That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  He has no argument over westbrook either. As it stands right now I'd let whoever finishes higher of Boston and toronto decide irving or derozan for that 4th spot.
                  He definitely has an argument over Westbrook - his efficiency numbers are considerably better and he's on a better team.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                    True Shooting % accounts for free throws SR - basically it calls every 2 free throws a shot and then adds some modifier for the 3 point plays.
                    It does, but I don't think it does it very well. Getting more of your points via 3's instead of FT's is going to give you a higher TS%, I think regardless of your FT%. So there's no reward for going 13/13 from the line. I think.

Edit: FT's add to the denominator, which reduces the TS%. Scoring via 3's means you can have fewer FGA in the denominator combined with a higher PTS total in the numerator, that's going to give you a higher TS%. The calculation really favours 3's.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      LBJ is playing out of his mind this year. Even if the Raps finish ahead of the Cavs in the standings, he'll be really hard to beat. I hope DeRozan gets nods for first team all-nba though. That would be a nice coup. Lots of great guards in the NBA.
                      did anyone in a raptors uniform ever get 1st team?

And do you guys think DeRozan is heathly is a lock for all NBA (1st/2nd or 3rd)
                      Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                        did anyone in a raptors uniform ever get 1st team?

And do you guys think DeRozan is heathly is a lock for all NBA (1st/2nd or 3rd)
                        Vince got a 2nd team and a 3rd team here, Bosh got a 2nd team. That year Bosh was #7 in MVP voting, Vince's highest MVP voting mark was #10.

DeMar has a real chance for 2nd team at this pace and should do better in MVP voting than Bosh or Vince did. At the very least DD better get 3rd team.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                          That is one nice list of microwaves, thanks.

Both TS% and eFG% penalize a line like DeRozan's for scoring so many FT's, they both far favour a line like Curry's 10 3PM/1 FT. Certainly neither of them account at all for going 13/13 from the line, which is a bit weird if we're talking about shooting efficiency. Any thoughts on other metrics that better account for scoring % from all three spots - 2 pt, 3 pt, and FT?
                          TS% rewards free throw shooting.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• TS% is literally just points per shot taken, with 2 free throws (actually, 2 and a bit) counting as a single shot.

It's not the calculation that values three pointers over free throws. It's the fact of life that three points is more than the 2 you typically score on a trip to the free throw line.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Dan can correct me if I'm wrong, but the one think I wish TS% did was more precise measurements of and-1's - right now it's a common adder for everyone because that's something not listed in the box scores, but we definitely have the technology to measure whether the free throws were scored as part of an And-1, part of a technical foul, etc. - because some people are better at finishing through fouls than others and TS% would not give them credit for that over someone who wasn't as good.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                TS% is literally just points per shot taken, with 2 free throws (actually, 2 and a bit) counting as a single shot.

It's not the calculation that values three pointers over free throws. It's the fact of life that three points is more than the 2 you typically score on a trip to the free throw line.
                                Yeah but a trip to the free throw line is more efficient than a 3 pt attempt for most nba players anyways. Unless I'm misunderstanding your point
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X