Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Lets try and remain respectful adults throughout all of this please.
    Sorry Joey.

Just having a bit of fun with an otherwise now painful discussion.

I do believe two pictures did save 2000 words in response though all with the same meaning in the end.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      I really don't understand what the point of your comparison was though.
      That's ok man

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        I completely agree. His IQ on both sides (and effort on D quite often) is the main issue I have with him. The issue there is, sometimes there's just no improving that IQ. At this level, after so much basketball, there's a limit to how much a player can improve in that area. Sure, as guys gain experience they improve, but I've seen no sign of this on the defensive end. He still loses his guy around screens, or sagging into the paint for no reason, as much as he did in his rookie year. His improvement offensively in terms of IQ (minimal, with all the crappy jumpers he still takes, but at least he's improved in looking to pass) is a positive sign, but hardly evidence of impending greatness.

If you are right and DD has plus-defender in his future (any additional efficiency is a bonus - if he can defend, his current offensive game is more than sufficient), I have no problem keeping him on. I just don't personally see it.

I think Gladwell's "Outliers" has some application here.
        DeMar hasn't been seriously challenged to play D at a high level until relatively recently. And he hasn't put the effort into it or practiced the requisite skills to operate at a league average level. Now, when he is seen and acknowledged as operating at at somewhat elite level offensively, with the constant "but not up to par defensively" qualification, I think we see his personal pride take over.

He has given every indication throughout his career that he aspires to be the best he can be. And that he believes he can reach the upper levels. I think that if he can improve his defense through work, he will work on it. If he can improve his decision making through work and study (seven playoff games of video to watch) then he will improve his decision making.

DeRozan has turned me into a believer over the last season and a half. And I think Casey will be sitting down and watching the tapes of those seven games and thinking about how he can help DeMar through better team options. Everybody in the league now has definitely proof of what is required to stop DeMar. It's now on Casey to ensure that an outlet pass is available for DeMar, and to also ensure he gets the ball in a position for him to succeed.

Comment

• I'll just leave this here:

Drew League 2014!

Comment

• We need to Sign Ed Davis

Comment

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
              We need to Sign Ed Davis
              Why? We really don't....

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                Why? We really don't....
                Chemistry , he loves the city, he is pal with Amir and DD and ...

Comment

• Surprised Edward is so visible after gathering so much dust sitting on the pine in Memphis this season.

Comment

...and he doesn't fit the roster at all and would be totally pointless to pursue.

Comment

• Ed would be a huge waste of money. Would have to offer way too much for Memphis not to match, and I'm actually not sure how he's even better than Hansbrough (let alone Amir and 2Pat)

Comment

Lol...

Comment

If John Salmons has the same effect do you want to keep him?
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

So?

Dwight Buycks also loves the city and i'm sure he's good friends with most of the players on this team. Would you bring him back too?
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Can only imagine what this board would say about DeMar if he dropped 1 point in the 1st half of an elimination game on 0-6 shooting.

"Scrub"
                              "Chucker"
                              "Sell high"

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                                Can only imagine what this board would say about DeMar if he dropped 1 point in the 1st half of an elimination game on 0-6 shooting.

"Scrub"
                                "Chucker"
                                "Sell high"
                                probably saying that about PG on the pacers board right now
                                "Bruno?
                                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X