2pac is alive. Don't tell anyone.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
      2pac is alive. Don't tell anyone.
      And it's definitely not Norman Powell
      Me The Palmerston North

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Agreed TRex. Boston shots: 87, Toronto shots: 69. That is why we lost, rebound and turnover battle. We played good defense, we shot well, we just got manhandled on the boards, and didn't handle the scouting report of "make very crisp plays against this savage defense"
        This is the most disconcerting part of the Boston game. Turnovers, bad fouls and lax rebounding are top signs of a team that is not engaged, focused and prepared. The fact the game was even close was a credit to Lowry's first quarter and some other individual performances but it was a disappointing effort.

Comment

• I don't have the tweet currently. Shout out to barolt for drawing my attention to it on Twitter. But demar is currently last out of 95 shooting guards in drpm. Not a flawless stat but pretty terrible. Obviously he just doesn't give a fuck on defence.

Comment

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
              I don't have the tweet currently. Shout out to barolt for drawing my attention to it on Twitter. But demar is currently last out of 95 shooting guards in drpm. Not a flawless stat but pretty terrible. Obviously he just doesn't give a fuck on defence.
              419th out of 421 players overall. It's early in the season, so it's possible there's some sample size issues with this, but still, it's concerning.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                From the main page:

Gross.
                While true, it needs some context.

First, because it's only when we are down, the sample size is reduced to just 10 minutes total this season. The default clutch setting on nba.com includes being ahead or down by 5 or less, and in this larger sample of 19 minutes, DeMar still has a high usage, but his TS% is a very good 58.0%, vs 27.8% for Kyle. His net rating is the same as Kyle at -13. http://stats.nba.com/players/clutch-...mID=1610612761

I am not saying I agree with our garbage endgame but I also don't think it's fair to throw out clutch situations where we are slightly ahead and DeMar is performing well. Over the full 2016-17 season he was +16.1 net rating, ahead or behind by 5 or less with 5 minutes left, vs a +4.4 for Kyle.

Ultimately as you said, we're trying to get a very good player to be a superstar, and that's on the coach more than the player (though he could be showing some leadership here too at this point). Further, I'm willing to bet if we even ran a little more action so that DeMar isn't working off a standstill iso, his numbers would also improve.

Comment

• Up to 30% from 3, looking more and more comfortable with it by the game (including step backs!). Over 57 TS%.

Comment

• DeMar's exchanging the long-twos for threes and mid-range shots in the paint (floaters, pull-ups, bunnies, runners, etc from 10-15 feet). Only 20.2% of his shots so far are from 16-23 feet which is by far the lowest proportion in his career so far. He's shooting over 1/3 of his shots from 10-16 feet from the basket, which isn't right at the rim, but it is in the paint which is a high efficiency area. He's shooting 48% from that spot.

His efficiency could actually get better because he's only shooting 58.8% at the rim right now, which is really low for him. He's usually between 65-70%.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                      DeMar's exchanging the long-twos for threes and mid-range shots in the paint (floaters, pull-ups, bunnies, runners, etc from 10-15 feet). Only 20.2% of his shots so far are from 16-23 feet which is by far the lowest proportion in his career so far. He's shooting over 1/3 of his shots from 10-16 feet from the basket, which isn't right at the rim, but it is in the paint which is a high efficiency area. He's shooting 48% from that spot.

His efficiency could actually get better because he's only shooting 58.8% at the rim right now, which is really low for him. He's usually between 65-70%.
                      Virtually all his numbers are trending in the right direction this season, even where the differences are small. I'm done hating, what more could you ask for from this guy?
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                        Virtually all his numbers are trending in the right direction this season, even where the differences are small. I'm done hating, what more could you ask for from this guy?
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I mean the only real complaint now is the lack of a consistent effort on defense. Really sucks that we don't have a defensive captain type player like Tucker to get him to buy in on that end of the floor regularly. He can at least be ok defensively when he actually tries and gets in a stance.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                            I mean the only real complaint now is the lack of a consistent effort on defense. Really sucks that we don't have a defensive captain type player like Tucker to get him to buy in on that end of the floor regularly. He can at least be ok defensively when he actually tries and gets in a stance.
                            I hear the word consistent and that can obviously continue to get better and improve. Needs to make the effort all the time. I thought he looked dialled in last night for most of the game though and even had some beautiful man on man defense against AD a few times. He's getting better there too.

Comment

Comment

• I know we won't get to enjoy it every night but DeRozan guarding Tim Frazier made our guy look like defensive player of the year. He just looked like a monster standing over him. Total mis-match lol
                                your pal,
                                ebrian

Comment

Working...
                                X