• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triano on DeRozan and Weems

They have 3 years of NBA experience.

The two guys that they were up against have 26

http://www.nba.com/raptors/

I think that was an astute observation
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Thta is just making an excuse !!! There were few plays in this game that set the tone and changed the game :

1) When Amir was on the court and Garnet had to dunk ( score was around 40-32) on two very similar posessions. Instead of Knocking Garnet to floor or going after him on the other end, Amir acted like a little shy boy and took it. He was totally lost on the defence on those 2 play.

2) Kleiza and DD went for two Dunks and were knocked down to floor by Robinson and Allen. No easy basket bitches !! you want to Dunk on me, I am gonna Knock you ASS DOWN !!!

3) Calderon had a turn over and Allen stole it,instead of runing back and knocking Allen Down on his ASS ( Just the way Allen did with DD), Raptors put their head down and let the guy go for easy Dunk !!!

These plays have nothing to do with experience, They have to do with Having HEART, BALLS and COURAGE.

Comment

• Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
        Thta is just making an excuse !!! There were few plays in this game that set the tone and changed the game :

1) When Amir was on the court and Garnet had to dunk ( score was around 40-32) on two very similar posessions. Instead of Knocking Garnet to floor or going after him on the other end, Amir acted like a little shy boy and took it. He was totally lost on the defence on those 2 play.

2) Kleiza and DD went for two Dunks and were knocked down to floor by Robinson and Allen. No easy basket bitches !! you want to Dunk on me, I am gonna Knock you ASS DOWN !!!

3) Calderon had a turn over and Allen stole it,instead of runing back and knocking Allen Down on his ASS ( Just the way Allen did with DD), Raptors put their head down and let the guy go for easy Dunk !!!

These plays have nothing to do with experience, They have to do with Having HEART, BALLS and COURAGE.
        This is why we need Reggie, he bring heart, courage and from time to time he WILL GRAB SOME BALLS

Comment

• k that may explain this game but what about the rest?

Comment

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
            This is why we need Reggie, he bring heart, courage and from time to time he WILL GRAB SOME BALLS
            That is hilarious Joe!
            Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

• maybe weems or derozen could benefit from a stretch in the D league....

Comment

Thta is just making an excuse !!! There were few plays in this game that set the tone and changed the game :

#3 is spot on. I was yelling at the tv.

Comment

• Weems/derozan are not the same player!!!

Please stop comparing the two players--sonny is a d-leaguer in disguise, demar is a blue chipper...

Thanks!

Comment

• "maybe weems or derozen could benefit from a stretch in the D league..."

Brilliant. Send them down. They still need to grow up.

Comment

• WHAT?! DLEAGUE. wow, just wow.

Comment

You don't just go around attempting to knock people on their butt.

You have to know who it is that you want to put down and where it is where you want to put them down.

I doubt that even a tough talking dude like you would be dumb enough to into Harlem N.Y. and knock some 6'5" 270 mean looking dude on his butt, just because he knocked you over fighting for a seat on the Subway.
                        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                          maybe weems or derozen could benefit from a stretch in the D league....
                          I hadn't thought about it until this point but that's not a bad idea. I watched the game so I could see Alabi and Davis play last night and those two could get some good time in and gain some confidence. It might be too early to go that route but it's not a bad idea if things keep going this way. I will tell you one thing about that league, there is no such thing as defense. It was ugly! Most of the guards think they're still going to make it to the NBA and are trying to show it.

Comment

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post

You don't just go around attempting to knock people on their butt.

Did I suggest in any shape or form you do that ??!!

Buddahfan wrote: View Post

You have to know who it is that you want to put down and where it is where you want to put them down.
                            No, you DO NOT !!! But you can atleast play the same way that the other team is playing aganinst you.

When a 5'9" little thug knocks you to the floor or a 38 year old Allen knocks you down in your way to lay up, then you can atleast return the favour and knock him down in his way to a lay off.

I bet he would think twice before kocking you down again. If you DON'T, then you will be bullied and pushed around like a little boy on a school yard.

Buddahfan wrote: View Post

I doubt that even a tough talking dude like you would be dumb enough to into Harlem N.Y. and knock some 6'5" 270 mean looking dude on his butt, just because he knocked you over fighting for a seat on the Subway.
                            As far as I could tell, we were in the Baketball court and everyone was almost same size
                            I did not know Raptor players were little 5'7" boys, playing 6'9" Celtic guys in the middle of tough neighbourhood of Boston !!!

It is freaking Basketball. Play like they Play you.

It is little ironic that you had a post few days ago that Young GUNz are from rough area of the LA and they are tough and don't back down from anyone.

But last night, they looked like a pussy cats and went to their corner, licking their wounds when the real bully showed up.
                            Last edited by Raptor4Ever; Sat Nov 27, 2010, 02:42 PM.

Comment

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
                              WHAT?! DLEAGUE. wow, just wow.
                              I find it hard to believe Raptors fans are delusional. LOL

Comment

Did I suggest in any shape or form you do that ??!!

Yea, yea you did and you got caught

No, you DO NOT !!! But you can atleast play the same way that the other team is playing aganinst you.

Why do think that NBA teams with a few exception have such better home records then they do road records. What you are suggesting does not happen very often except with exceptional teams

When a 5'9" little thug knocks you to the floor or a 38 year old Allen knocks you down in your way to lay up, then you can atleast return the favour and knock him down in his way to a lay off.

What were you saying about guys 5'9"?

Go ahead and let us know who came out ahead - RFLMAO

I']I bet he would think twice before kocking you down again. If you DON'T, then you will be bullied and pushed around like a little boy on a school yard.

Sure he would, I can just see it now.:eek:It wuold be pretty messy stuff to clean up after. ouch

As far as I could tell, we were in the Baketball court and everyone was almost same size
                                I did not know Raptor players were little 5'7" boys, playing 6'9" Celtic guys in the middle of tough neighbourhood of Boston !!!

It is freaking Basketball. Play like they Play you.

It is little ironic that you had a post few days ago that Young GUNz are from rough area of the LA and they are tough and don't back down from anyone.

But last night, they looked like a pussy cats and went to their corner, licking their wounds when the real bully showed up.
                                Your last comment is just an attempt to get a charge out of me and is out touch with the reality of the game last night with respect to Johnson.

However, I do agree that DeMar and Sonny need to start showing more grit. I would think that they are capable of it
                                Last edited by Buddahfan; Sat Nov 27, 2010, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X