Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
    ok, right now, I'm all in favour of letting Demar walk this offseason. No way in hell one can justify paying him in the vicinity of 25M per year. Paying him that much money was a scary proposition for me before the playoffs began. No "we can't let as asset walk for nothing" or "we can trade him later for something" is gonna change my mind. Derozan playing like regular season Derozan may change my mind, but that's very unlikely to happen.
    The absolute worst part for me is the fact that DeRozan doesn't even recognize a flaw in his approach. All he talks about is how his shooting is bound to improve. First, if the injured thumb is impacting his shot (mechanically or through derailed confidence), the improvement simply won't happen. Second, forcing your own game is selfish and stupid, whether you're making shots at a respectable rate or the playoff-DeRozan rate.

He just doesn't understand the strategic nuances of the game of basketball, at least partly because Casey has drilled into his head that he is the team's #1 scorer, come hell or high water, ride or die, pound the rock, for ever and ever. Earlier in the year I thought that DeRozan could change his approach as part of adapting to a new coach but, based on both his words and actions throughout the playoffs this year, I think he's a lost cause.

Casey and DeRozan both need to go (Lowry's 50/50, but that looming contract extension has me seeing 'trade bait' and 'asset to cash in' whenever I look at him).

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      The absolute worst part for me is the fact that DeRozan doesn't even recognize a flaw in his approach. All he talks about is how his shooting is bound to improve. First, if the injured thumb is impacting his shot (mechanically or through derailed confidence), the improvement simply won't happen. Second, forcing your own game is selfish and stupid, whether you're making shots at a respectable rate or the playoff-DeRozan rate.

He just doesn't understand the strategic nuances of the game of basketball, at least partly because Casey has drilled into his head that he is the team's #1 scorer, come hell or high water, ride or die, pound the rock, for ever and ever. Earlier in the year I thought that DeRozan could change his approach as part of adapting to a new coach but, based on both his words and actions throughout the playoffs this year, I think he's a lost cause.

Casey and DeRozan both need to go (Lowry's 50/50, but that looming contract extension has me seeing 'trade bait' and 'asset to cash in' whenever I look at him).
      Yup, everything always seems to be about his shooting will be better, never does he seem to take ownership for his poor play and that he needs to play better.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I don't care about missing what I do care about is his terrible shot selection, very poor decision making, fumbling the ball every second play. Missing wide open lay ups

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Any day now...

Axel wrote: View Post
          Yup, everything always seems to be about his shooting will be better, never does he seem to take ownership for his poor play and that he needs to play better.
          I picture him answering all life's questions in the same manner:

Comment

• I'm laughing at Drake's ripped jeans, with a backup pair of jeans underneath the ripped ones.

Always thinking, Drake. Always thinking.

Comment

• From today's Morning Coffee, lol

Comment

• I'm laughing at Casey cracking one off right in Drake's face.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                  Where is the line between "struggling" and "just not that good"

I'm in the "not that good camp"

These shooting numbers arent surprising
                  The shooting numbers should be surprising. Let's face it, if someone is averaging 32% shooting int he regular season, he's probably spending some time in the D-League. Not that good, sure DeRozan has never been a lights out shooter.. but this is near the territory where he's shooting so poorly that he should not be playing in the NBA.
                  your pal,
                  ebrian

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                    The shooting numbers should be surprising. Let's face it, if someone is averaging 32% shooting int he regular season, he's probably spending some time in the D-League. Not that good, sure DeRozan has never been a lights out shooter.. but this is near the territory where he's shooting so poorly that he should not be playing in the NBA.
                    But if a guy was taking mostly contested, long, off balance shots in the regular season you'd not be surprised when he only hit in the mid-30's on them. DeRozan's shot selection has been horrendous in the playoffs. It's not about whether he is missing shots he usually makes (though he is indeed missing some shots he usually makes, like layups), but taking shots he usually misses. He's taking WAY more midrange and contested shots than he took in-season.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      But if a guy was taking mostly contested, long, off balance shots in the regular season you'd not be surprised when he only hit in the mid-30's on them. DeRozan's shot selection has been horrendous in the playoffs. It's not about whether he is missing shots he usually makes (though he is indeed missing some shots he usually makes, like layups), but taking shots he usually misses. He's taking WAY more midrange and contested shots than he took in-season.
                      Some of our biggest stretches of success with DeMar on the floor in game 4 were when CoJo/Carroll were looking him off and keeping him out of the offense. It looked like they were making a point of doing it at times.
                      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Comment

• Most of those mid range shots he's taken have been contested. The only think he's really hitting on consistantly that's not easy layups or dunks is that floater he pulls out once in the first half and once in the second.

Comment

• It's got to the point that I'm yelling "Noooooo!" at the TV on every DeRozan touch. And then the inevitable brick or turnover follows.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                              Some of our biggest stretches of success with DeMar on the floor in game 4 were when CoJo/Carroll were looking him off and keeping him out of the offense. It looked like they were making a point of doing it at times.
                              I saw patterson do this at least once too

Comment

Remember when everyone was cheering for DeMar's improved shot selection during the regular season because he was only taking .247% of his shots from 16-23?...in the playoffs that number is up to .358%(disgustingly his lowest ever in the playoffs) and shooting .346%....2nd most used area? 10-16 ft for .211% of his shots, shooting an even worse .326% from there.....

Sigh.....

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X