Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLF wrote: View Post
    This is very true. Which is why I have to see it to believe it and more so in the playoffs than anything else. I'm just glad he's actually bringing playmaking up on his own as an improvement he needs to make. The first step in the right direction is acknowledging the problem. He used to be stubborn and say he thinks he can hit any shot and will take any shot and all this crap. Finally he's at least SAYING the right thing. Now it's time to see that put into action.
    Very true too. Its encouraging.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

This is very true. Which is why I have to see it to believe it and more so in the playoffs than anything else. I'm just glad he's actually bringing playmaking up on his own as an improvement he needs to make. The first step in the right direction is acknowledging the problem. He used to be stubborn and say he thinks he can hit any shot and will take any shot and all this crap. Finally he's at least SAYING the right thing. Now it's time to see that put into action.
      He had Paul George, Wade and Deng draped all over him for two rounds of the playoffs, and it didn't deter him from nearly chucking the Raptors into an early summer. He took the same shots against JR Smith in the Conference Finals, and fared better. DeMar can say all the right things about what he needs to do better, but I won't believe it until I see it from him in the playoffs. I'm skeptical over whether he can do it given his role in Casey's system, which is essentially, get the ball off of a pindown, dribble hand-off, or high-screen and attack the rim while everyone else watches. 7 seasons into his career, DeMar is who he is. We'll see.
      Last edited by Sinbad; Mon Jul 18, 2016, 06:58 PM.

Comment

• Sinbad wrote: View Post
        He had Paul George, Wade and Deng draped all over him for two rounds of the playoffs, and it didn't deter him from nearly chucking the Raptors into an early summer. He took the same shots against JR Smith in the Conference Finals, and fared better. DeMar can say all the right things about what he needs to do better, but I won't believe it until I see it from him in the playoffs. I'm skeptical over whether he can do it given his role in Casey's system, which is essentially, get the ball off of a pindown, dribble hand-off, or high-screen and attack the rim while everyone else watches. 7 seasons into his career, DeMar is who he is. We'll see.
        I said all of this so I don't understand why you're replying to me like I disagree with your or something lol. Also with Demar you can't quite say he is what he is cause he has shown he improves something every year. But yes I agree with you that it's all lip service until he shows it on the court IN THE PLAYOFFS.
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

I said all of this so I don't understand why you're replying to me like I disagree with your or something lol. Also with Demar you can't quite say he is what he is cause he has shown he improves something every year. But yes I agree with you that it's all lip service until he shows it on the court IN THE PLAYOFFS.
          I agree with you too. Just adding in that Casey's system definitely plays a role in shaping his playmaking.

Comment

• Sinbad wrote: View Post
            I agree with you too. Just adding in that Casey's system definitely plays a role in shaping his playmaking.
            Oh okay. Well that's a good point. I've been saying I think some of our lack of ball movement is more than system than the players themselves. We don't have the greatest passing guards but I can't believe that not one of them know how to pass to the rolling big man. Like it makes no sense to me how little we use the big man rolling when our big men are so good at finishing in the paint.
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Contract structure is out at basketball insiders. Small raise next summer from ~26M this year to just under 28M next summer, then flat for the rest of the deal. Seems there is a player option at the end of the deal too, which is new information. Seems to be a pattern for Masai lately.

No news on incentives that would take it higher (apparently harder to get that info).
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                Id like to see where he said that if u have the source. I remember him saying he's watched tape but he didnt say specifically what he needs to focus on or improve. At this point Id be surprised if he was self aware enough to come to this conclusion on his own.

I love Demar but it doesnt matter how much game tape he seems to watch, which is reportedly a lot, he still has terrible bball IQ.
                http://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050...table-1.526772

The part where he talks about what he wants to work on starts at 3:45

I

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post

I
                  He makes a point about improving in the area of getting his teammates involved.

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                    He makes a point about improving in the area of getting his teammates involved.
                    Yeah being a better playmaker

Comment

• Demar was 2nd on the team today with a +22. Solid floor game for him. He got beat a couple times on defence but overall I would say he played well.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                        Demar was 2nd on the team today with a +22. Solid floor game for him. He got beat a couple times on defence but overall I would say he played well.
                        I didn't get to watch. Was he showing improvement in his playmaking?

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post

I
                          "Be a better playmaker. Getting my teammates more involved. I've been watching a lot of film or the playoffs."

Bingo.

It would be hard for him to watch a lot of playoff film without seeing golden opportunities for him to pass out of double teams for great scoring opportunities. He and Norman could sit down together, because that's what Powell says he's been doing...watching film from the playoffs.

Comment

I didn't get to watch. Was he showing improvement in his playmaking?
                            Not really. His penchant for over-dribbling is still there despite the talent around him-- though that's a hard habit to break. He made a couple of those jump passes after leaving his feet that I don't like, and his decisions didn't come quick enough. He couldn't resist sneaking in a few dribbles whenever he got the ball instead of making the swing pass right away.

Comment

• Great read.

“There was no thought of me going to UCLA. Everybody goes there,” DeRozan said. “I never follow anybody else’s trails. I always do what I want to do and start somewhere where I can lead my own legacy.”

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Dion Waiters signed for less than $3 million a year !!! Some of you used to compare DD to Waiters ... I guess the rest of NBA do not agree with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X