No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• article on grantland trying to explain how the spurs keep turning role players into perfect system guys.

the conclusion: practice, practice and more practice.

is a good work ethic and underlooked component of talent? does this make DD more valuable if he inspires his team mates to work as hard as he does?
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
      article on grantland trying to explain how the spurs keep turning role players into perfect system guys.

the conclusion: practice, practice and more practice.

is a good work ethic and underlooked component of talent? does this make DD more valuable if he inspires his team mates to work as hard as he does?
      Tim Duncan effect.

When your best player is your hardest worker and everyone is held to the same standard, good things happen..... assuming the talent is there.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        Tim Duncan effect.

When your best player is your hardest worker and everyone is held to the same standard, good things happen..... assuming the talent is there.
        I hate Demar's game but honestly... the dude is inspiring for other players especially young kids to come in and to get going with business. For that sole reason i hope MU doesn't make basketball decision on DD and trade him for mid lotto picks and projects.

and I hope Demar somehow magically learn to defend his man for gods sake!

Comment

• could we say that hard work creates talent?
          "Bruno?
          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
            could we say that hard work creates talent?
            Hard work IS a talent

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
              Hard work IS a talent
              Agreed. For example, JR Smith would have shot-making and off-the-dribble creativity as talents, but lacks defensive instincts, rebounding instincts, superior court vision, and hard work.

Having the talent of Hard work makes all your other talents better because you have conditioning, repetition, and above all comfort in more situations as an edge over your opponent.
              @Boymusic66

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                I hate Demar's game but honestly... the dude is inspiring for other players especially young kids to come in and to get going with business. For that sole reason i hope MU doesn't make basketball decision on DD and trade him for mid lotto picks and projects.

and I hope Demar somehow magically learn to defend his man for gods sake!
                No question he is inspiring.

His talent hasn't brought him where he is, it is his work ethic.

However, and believe it or not I'm not slighting him, when you get a guy who is naturally talented and with a work ethic..... you have guys like Kobe, Jordan, Duncan.

Comment

• I would argue that DeRozan is extremely talented and he's where he is today equally due to talent an effort.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                    I would argue that DeRozan is extremely talented and he's where he is today equally due to talent an effort.
                    This. Pretty silly/foolish to say DeMar is not talented.

He just doesn't have the generational talent of a Kobe or LeBron. He has a very high level of talent though, and the effort he put into his game has allowed him to maximize it.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                      This. Pretty silly/foolish to say DeMar is not talented.

He just doesn't have the generational talent of a Kobe or LeBron. He has a very high level of talent though, and the effort he put into his game has allowed him to maximize it.
                      Tim Duncan also had/has generational talent.

That was my point.

DeMar does have talent but his work ethic has made him an all-star.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        Tim Duncan also had/has generational talent.

That was my point.

DeMar does have talent but his work ethic has made him an all-star.
                        Yeah my issue was this

when you get a guy who is naturally talented and with a work ethic..... you have guys like Kobe, Jordan, Duncan.
                        Which basically insinuated that DeMar does not have natural talent. Now if you said "generational" or "elite" talent, then it wouldn't have been a problem for me.

That's all.

Comment

Yeah my issue was this

Which basically insinuated that DeMar does not have natural talent. Now if you said "generational" or "elite" talent, then it wouldn't have been a problem for me.

That's all.
                          Everyone in the NBA has talent.

It is not difficult to see which players things just happen naturally for.

I don't consider DD to be in that "naturally" category.

That's all.

Comment

• Obviously DeMar is talented LMAO

How the hell is he in the NBA?
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• But DeMar does have natural talent...

The dude can jump out of the gym for starters. Pretty sure he didn't spend his childhood doing box jumps.

Comment

But DeMar does have natural talent...

The dude can jump out of the gym for starters. Pretty sure he didn't spend his childhood doing box jumps.
                                He has natural athletic abilities.

Is athleticism a skill/talent? I would say no but I'm happy to disagree.

Comment

Working...
                                X