Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    The answer to this is "a lot". But I disagree with the premise that there should be a ton of cutting and movement in these situations. It's much easier to hit a stationary target than a moving one. Neither JV or DD are natural passers (though both have improved). When they make their moves, and draw in a second defender, hitting a guy standing in the corner for an open 3 is a much simpler play that trying to hit a cutter. Less chance for a turnover and is a very high percentage shot. Not saying we should never cut, but I think there are reasons why we don't as much as other teams.
    For sure, but guys don't get open by standing still for 20 seconds as the play clock dwindles down. My point is that there seem to be more plays to move other players around, set secondary picks, etc... in order for a certain player(s) to be in a certain spot(s) to receive the outlet pass from Lowry/DeRozan (off drives) or JV (out of the post).

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      I've always wondered about this too. People on here try too hard to make Debo seem selfish and a bad teammate. Even though everything about his character tells you different.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
      yeah, basically everyone during the first 8-10 games were shooting poorly, except for Ross maybe, so Demar took alot of shots cause he was lighting it up. It made sense. Over the last 6-8 games, Patterson, Lowry, Carroll and Cojo have been shooting really well, and Demar is shooting less. Makes sense.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        For sure, but guys don't get open by standing still for 20 seconds as the play clock dwindles down. My point is that there seem to be more plays to move other players around, set secondary picks, etc... in order for a certain player(s) to be in a certain spot(s) to receive the outlet pass from Lowry/DeRozan (off drives) or JV (out of the post).
        It's really rare that Lowry or DeRozan spend 20 seconds pounding the ball into the hardwood.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
          It's really rare that Lowry or DeRozan spend 20 seconds pounding the ball into the hardwood.
          Cojo more likely, though he's been playing very well lately, good to see.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
            Couldn't it just be that he was on absolute fire to start the year and couldn't miss and now that defenses have adjusted to try and stop him he's passing to open teammates?

Why does everything positive around this guy have to come complete with the absolutely most uncharitable spin possible about his motivations?
            Yes, he's being played tighter and seeing doubles more often and more quickly. His offence went to the next level, defences give you some time to prove it's sustainable, and once it's established this guy will drop 30 points on you with good efficiency if you just play him straight up, you have to throw more bodies at him. DeRozan has responed to the extra attention in exactly the right way.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
              Cojo more likely, though he's been playing very well lately, good to see.
              He's been hitting shots, but still dribbles the air out of the ball on too many posessions
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• New year, same story: http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...espn:nba:index
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                  yeah, basically everyone during the first 8-10 games were shooting poorly, except for Ross maybe, so Demar took alot of shots cause he was lighting it up. It made sense. Over the last 6-8 games, Patterson, Lowry, Carroll and Cojo have been shooting really well, and Demar is shooting less. Makes sense.
                  Yeah, its really getting annoying. Like some people are making arguements now that Deebo wont pass to JV because he doesn't want JV to be successful. That apparently JV being succesful would effect Debo negatively accolades wise. It's like they can't knock his game anymore so they have to attack his character now. Which is pretty sad if you ask me.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I was just about to post this lol someone comment and direct the author to read over say, the past 200 pages in this thread.
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      Yeah, its really getting annoying. Like some people are making arguements now that Deebo wont pass to JV because he doesn't want JV to be successful. That apparently JV being succesful would effect Debo negatively accolades wise. It's like they can't knock his game anymore so they have to attack his character now. Which is pretty sad if you ask me.

Did someone actually say that about DeMar and JV?

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
                        Did someone actually say that about DeMar and JV?
                        Yes, I did.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                          Couldn't it just be that he was on absolute fire to start the year and couldn't miss and now that defenses have adjusted to try and stop him he's passing to open teammates?

Why does everything positive around this guy have to come complete with the absolutely most uncharitable spin possible about his motivations?
                          lol. Holy... the sensitivity level is dialed up to 11 whenever you say anything good or bad about Demar. Like a visceral, primal reaction. I'm a DeMar supporter - not Christian or special1 level, but a supporter nonetheless, who called him an elite scorer years ago (... and I also had him traded numerous times, lol). Barking up the wrong tree, folks.

Why can't it also be that DeMar came out with the same #ProveEm mentality that he always has and decided to shut everybody up early? That would be a positive way to spin the exact same thing. Is that politically correct enough to result in a lot less scrunched up undies?

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            He's been hitting shots, but still dribbles the air out of the ball on too many posessions
                            He needs Lowry next to him as much as anyone on the team. But if he continues to shoot better, you can bet those Demar + bench units will start to look alot better.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                              Why can't it also be that DeMar came out with the same #ProveEm mentality that he always has and decided to shut everybody up early? That would be a positive way to spin the exact same thing. Is that politically correct enough to result in a lot less scrunched up undies?
                              It was the "he was clearly looking to get his at the expense of involving his teammates", that made your post seem like you were implying a negatively selfish motivation. Its not about being politically correct or anything.

In my mind, the more likely scenario is that everyone around him were overlooking others shots to get him the ball to feed the fire, because he was ON FIRE. Nothing beyond that. Perhaps he was playing with a chip on his shoulder, sure, and rightly so; not sure you can attribute that to him shooting the lights out at a historically great level though.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                It was the "he was clearly looking to get his at the expense of involving his teammates", that made your post seem like you were implying a negatively selfish motivation. Its not about being politically correct or anything.

In my mind, the more likely scenario is that everyone around him were overlooking others shots to get him the ball to feed the fire, because he was ON FIRE. Nothing beyond that. Perhaps he was playing with a chip on his shoulder, sure, and rightly so; not sure you can attribute that to him shooting the lights out at a historically great level though.
                                And there lies the problem Joey.... terms like "more likely", "made it seem" and "implying" are all also subjective opinions in eyes of the beholders. And when they are taken to the next level of accusation of the poster intent for their own opinions, with Pavlovian piling on by the usual suspects - in this case, they are flat out wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X