Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
    People aren't allowed to be positive about DeMar? C'mon...
    The lack of support for our own players does bother me as well.
    All I've read on this site from other posters, almost exclusively, since the season ended, has been negative.

Not even critical with optimism. Just straight up negative. It sucks.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
      So you think shooting jumpshots by yourself in the gym is useless then?

I disagree with your assessment. He is just as contested as he would be in practice.

"I mean, we're talking about Practice, here. Practice. Practice. We're talking about Practice. Not a game. Not gaame. Practice." Heh

Gaining confidence in your jumpshot is done in many ways.
      Obtaining the proper muscle memory and form in your jumpshot, is done many ways.
      Jumpshots are Jumpshots. Practice is Practice.
      I don't know, I'm just giving my opinion. I play basketball and I can hit 9/10 jumpshots on an empty court, that number is significantly reduced when I play against a defense which actually defends against me. I think when you shoot in game, and in this case the NBA you need to have a consistent jump/release and form. The shots DeRozan was taking are shots that he would not take in the NBA, and if he did coach Casey would most probably bench him. I'm not bashing DeRozan by no means, I'm a Raptors fan and if Raptor players improve or play well I'm happy, I just don't think him playing well in the Drew League will translate into the NBA, at all.

But yes, DeMar seems a lot more confident, and is hitting shots. But he did the same thing last year as well. I hope he improves, I hope Terrence Ross's competition can make them both better players. But I think, this is without actually watching THAT much tape on Ross, that Ross will eventually be the better player.

Comment

All I've read on this site from other posters, almost exclusively, since the season ended, has been negative.

What? What? See that there, on the floor? Yeah there! That's my heart man. You broke it and ripped it right out of my chest. With your negativity about negativers. That ain't me man. That ain't me. Don't you be painting me with that brush.

:-)

Comment

+1 I've been tired with constant people hating on Demar, and a lot of our players in general. Even WITH Fields and Lowry, I've read posts calling them just barely average players!

Optimism Raptor fans! We've been stuck in this hole for awhile, and maybe this negativity is pushing that.

Optimism, but calm optimism.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
            What? What? See that there, on the floor? Yeah there! That's my heart man. You broke it and ripped it right out of my chest. With your negativity about negativers. That ain't me man. That ain't me. Don't you be painting me with that brush.

:-)
            lol +1

I do hear you though Joey.

Comment

• The negativity stems from the fact that this franchise has been in existence for 17 years, and has finished with a winning record just 4 times.

If you've followed the team since '95, you witnessed some highs, but many, many more lows. And each of those lows were preceded by optimistic offseasons.

I can't speak for everyone, but I am willing to let the results speak for themselves. Could DeMar light it up this year? Could Jonas dominate the middle? Could Bargnani stay healthy? Could Lowry by a MIP candidate? Could Casey improve the defense AND offense?

The answer to all of these questions could be yes. But then again, when was the last time the stars aligned perfectly for the Raptors?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                The negativity stems from the fact that this franchise has been in existence for 17 years, and has finished with a winning record just 4 times....
                Ah, but when you add in their initial year (25 wins, exceeded expectations) and every year in which they improved their records, plus the winning percentage years, you are up around 9 or so. I'm okay with that. A lot of NBA teams that haven't done as well.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  The negativity stems from the fact that this franchise has been in existence for 17 years, and has finished with a winning record just 4 times.

And just because the franchise has been in existence for 17 years, doesn't mean you shouldn't give the young guys who have only been part of the Raptors for 3 a chance...
                  TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

And just because the franchise has been in existence for 17 years, doesn't mean you shouldn't give the young guys who have only been part of the Raptors for 3 a chance...
                    I'm not NOT giving them a chance. I'm just a proponent of the 'wait-and-see' approach.

You're right that these players have nothing to do with this franchise's past. But they haven't cemented themselves as part of the future either.

Comment

• We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

• Oh snap! That was a sweet mix

I can't wait til the season starts...

Will he be a DeMar "Hero"zan or a "Zero"zan?

Comment

• Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
                          Please tell me ya'll saw those handles?! C'mon. That's an obvious improvement.

Comment

• Hmmm I just noticed on the vid... the clips with the white and red jerseys have him back in the "season" look (hair almost gone) and he looks like a kid again...

I would have thought he would roll with the sort-of afro look, makes him look tougher.

Comment

Hmmm I just noticed on the vid... the clips with the white and red jerseys have him back in the "season" look (hair almost gone) and he looks like a kid again...

I would have thought he would roll with the sort-of afro look, makes him look tougher.
                              +1 He looks like a pure compton hood rat with the fro..

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                                +1 He looks like a pure compton hood rat with the fro..
                                Not really...

Maybe he got rid of it to not compare himself to Kobe?

Comment

Working...
                                X