• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    Nope, because Klay is better than DD

(better defense and ELITE shooting)
    DD's better.

Top 10 in scoring, All star and is the #1 option on a team with no superstar. Klay's actually got people around him in Curry, Lee, Iggy, and Bogut. DD's only got Lowry, Ross, Val, Johnson. I'd take the people Klay has over the people DD has.

Comment

Come on man. DeRozan is better and its not even close.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

I usually agree with you but you can't be serious?
        DD is better then Klay Thompson period!
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Thanks i really needed that laugh

Klay is only better at defense and 3s, at basically everything else Demar is better at
          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post

Klay is only better at defense and 3s, at basically everything else Demar is better at
            So basically Klay is better at the 2 highest priority skills for a starting SG?

Even if DeRozan is a slightly better all-around player, I'd be willing to bet that Klay has more value around the league. Perception is reality and Klay/GS get way more hype, which only helps drive up his value.

If I was building a team from scratch, I think I'd probably pick Klay over DeRozan for my SG, simply for what my priorities would be for that position. It really comes down to what you need the player for on your team, I suppose.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post

Even if DeRozan is a slightly better all-around player, I'd be willing to bet that Klay has more value around the league. Perception is reality and Klay/GS get way more hype, which only helps drive up his value.

If I was building a team from scratch, I think I'd probably pick Klay over DeRozan for my SG, simply for what my priorities would be for that position. It really comes down to what you need the player for on your team, I suppose.
              If I need a player to be my main offensive option and get buckets, I'm choosing DeRozan.

If I'm looking for a very good complementary piece to fit in and be a good version of Danny Green I'm picking Thompson.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post

Thanks for summing that up CRF. Pretty much why Klay would get more in a trade than DD.

Abbas wrote: View Post

If Klay is better at defense, and 3s, and is a better ball handler....other than getting to the line what is the "basically everything else" that DD is better at??

I got a lot of troll labels for that post, but maybe you guys should step back and evaluate what you want from the SG position in a team concept and evaluate players based on that.

Comment

• I don't know how much more value Klay has.

Right now, I'd say more because he's still on a rookie deal. However, that could change with a long-term perspective if he's really expecting a max contract. Klay Thompson is not even close to a max contract player.

I also find his D is waaaay overrated. He's a decent defender. Pretty smart. Has the mind for it. He isn't physically strong though, and that can be a problem on the wing depending on matchups. His quickness is also vastly overrated. He's a just above average defender at best, while DeMar is average at best at the moment. So Klay has a slight edge, but it's not like we're talking the gap between Kawhi and Novak here.

Basically he's a shooter and smart player on both ends. Not a great passer, rebounder or versatile scorer. That could all improve though.

So at the moment, DeMar is a better all-around player who's much better suited for his role than Thompson, and vice-versa.
                  ->If you put Thompson on Toronto and asked him to be co-#1 option with Lowry, I'd wager our O would get worse and Thompson's efficiency would take a hit (possibly large one). We would really struggle to collapse the D without threats to get inside and attract attention, and while we'd have better shooters, we could struggle to create open shots.
                  ->If you put DeMar on GSW, their spacing would be awful and they'd have too many guys who would need the ball in their hands. DeMar may actually slightly improve his efficiency as he'd face less doubles and opponents wouldn't target him as much in their defensive gameplan, but GSW would probably be a worse offensive team overall, and DeMar would see his non-efficiency stats surely dip.

Those are my thoughts on this lazy Saturday afternoon.

Comment

If Klay is better at defense, and 3s, and is a better ball handler....other than getting to the line what is the "basically everything else" that DD is better at??

I got a lot of troll labels for that post, but maybe you guys should step back and evaluate what you want from the SG position in a team concept and evaluate players based on that.
                    If you want a good complentary peice you take thompson. If you want an amazing second/third option you take derozan. If we had klay instead of demar this past year we would not crack 30 wins.

Klay is only a elite shooter. But so is kyle korver. In my book klay is a younger better defending kyle korver. But then again korver is still a better three point shooter

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
                    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Every teams values players differently based on needs when it comes to trade talk or free agency doesn't it? In the draft you take the best player available but when it comes to signing or trading for a player, its best to go with whichever option if the better fit for your team (unless its Lebron or KD your trading for).
                      Now, considering it was the coaches who voted Derozan into the all-star game wouldn't that mean that the majority of coaches see Derozan as the better player? Its not like the West has more shooting guards to choose from

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
                      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                        Every teams values players differently based on needs when it comes to trade talk or free agency doesn't it? In the draft you take the best player available but when it comes to signing or trading for a player, its best to go with whichever option if the better fit for your team (unless its Lebron or KD your trading for).
                        Now, considering it was the coaches who voted Derozan into the all-star game wouldn't that mean that the majority of coaches see Derozan as the better player? Its not like the West has more shooting guards to choose from

They don't vote by position anymore
                        They vote either GUARD or FORWARD
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                          They don't vote by position anymore
                          They vote either GUARD or FORWARD
                          Aww fuck, that's true lol god damnit!

You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Move me to the DD is a good contract camp based on $4.5m for Ben freaking Gordon.

Still think they should have gone to RFA last summer though.

Would not have liked to have been in RFA this year with him.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              Move me to the DD is a good contract camp based on $4.5m for Ben freaking Gordon.

Still think they should have gone to RFA last summer though.

Would not have liked to have been in RFA this year with him.
                              Strongly disagree with this. I think he would've gotten Tyreke Evans money.

That 4yr/38M extension for DD was one of BC's smarter moves.

Comment

• I'd like to think of it as one his smarter accidents
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X