Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
    you last paragraph makes a lot of sense but demar has said in other interview's that he was not satisfied with just being in th ECF.
    Yes the lakers have a rich history and there has been gap's in there championship's between the magic to kobe/shaq to kobe/gasol championship era's they generally still making the playoff's and being only a player or coach away from being successful every year. They have been terrible for a few year's now and yes I think there fan's have had enough but as I stated before there present culture has to change which may happen fairly quickly if there is an ownership change or the owner's let kupchek do his job.
    The Lakers won't win a damn thing until Jim Buss leaves the organization. Nothing unites Laker fandom quite like the universal disdain they have towards him. Even Jeanie wants him out, and she's his sister. When people/analysts say that the Lakers front office has lost the lustre it had when Jerry West and Dr. Buss were there, its a thinly veiled shot at Jim. The dysfunction starts with him.

Comment

• Tell your youngin' how much better life would be in the 6

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Sat Aug 13, 2016, 03:36 PM.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I know what I want for Xmas
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          I know what I want for Xmas
          a partridge in a pear tree? or Demarcus Cousins in our jersey?
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
              Kyle demar carroll cousins jv

Sounds like a title
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Cousin is not a PF and you need to trade someone to get him in return
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Sinbad wrote: View Post
                  If he had left for LA, I would have been alright with that. I wouldn't have ripped him on his way out. I didn't rip Bosh when he left to play alongside Wade, nor did I rip Vince when he forced his way out, despite how bad the optics were at the time. I don't have an agenda, and as for finding a way to shit on him, I'm not.

Those are his words. He wants to leave a legacy, though during his entire press conference, I don't think he mentioned bringing a championship to Toronto once-- but he made sure to point out what it would take to leave a legacy in LA. He knows that he would never be looked on in reverence the way that he aspires to be if he returned home, given how many Hall-of-Famers have played for them and what they've achieved. He'll get that adulation in Toronto-- our franchise history is peanuts compared to theirs, and we've had far less to cheer about the last 21 years. There's a lower bar here for what constitutes success. Everyone knows that.
                  Come on, you have to be a pretty determined hater (I'll actually use that term here) to infer from anything that DeMar has ever said that he's staying in Toronto because he's aiming for the low hanging fruit of individual accolades in the context of limited expectations. They guy is clearly highly competitive and wants to win on every level. We can debate his on-court skills all day long, but I'm not buying anyone who's criticizing his competitiveness, intentions, or character. It is a slight against his character to claim what you're claiming. I take from an interview like that that DeMar is just explaining some of the different ways he's aiming to have success. I don't doubt for a second his primary goal is bringing a championship to this city.

How many people have left their hometown as young adults to "make their own way" in a new city or country? It's a pretty common way to look at your life.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    Cousin is not a PF and you need to trade someone to get him in return
                    If we were to get Cousins, JV would be a mandatory trade piece. Not sure why anyone thinks otherwise.

Comment

• I'm just not sold that Boogie is that much more than a good stats/bad team guy. He's absorbing astronomical usage on a badly run team that lets him do whatever he wants, so he puts up numbers. But he doesn't do it terribly efficiently, and he doesn't lead his team to wins, and he causes locker room issues.

Here's a fun comp. Boogie's first 6 seasons vs. Shareef Abdur-Rahim's first 6:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...3=&p4=&p5=&p6=
                      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                        I'm just not sold that Boogie is that much more than a good stats/bad team guy. He's absorbing astronomical usage on a badly run team that lets him do whatever he wants, so he puts up numbers. But he doesn't do it terribly efficiently, and he doesn't lead his team to wins, and he causes locker room issues.

Here's a fun comp. Boogie's first 6 seasons vs. Shareef Abdur
                        I don't think DMC is a superstar but I don't think he's simply a good stats/bad team player either.

He is clearly a very skilled big man with very good range, very crafty around the basket, good passer and great at using his strength. He may not be some transcendent talent like AD or KAT but he is an star big man based on the talent he has.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                          I don't think DMC is a superstar but I don't think he's simply a good stats/bad team player either.

He is clearly a very skilled big man with very good range, very crafty around the basket, good passer and great at using his strength. He may not be some transcendent talent like AD or KAT but he is an star big man based on the talent he has.
                          Sure, he has great physical tools, but that's not enough.
                          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post

Definitely is... when he wants to be. Quite a paradox. Rumoured locker room issues, yet he is known for very quietly doing good charitable works around Sacramento. The eye test says he is a major talent, yet the statistics suggest otherwise. Always seems to have big games against the Raps, yet during my only visit to Sac even his admirers were saying he just doesn't always show up...

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                              Sure, he has great physical tools, but that's not enough.
                              Aside from strength everything I listed was skill/talent related?!

But I do agree with the sentiment that even that is not enough to be a great player. Much of what separates the good from the truly great is what's between the ears n in the heart ie/ Kobe vs Vince. It appears for the most part, the problem with Cousins is he has a whole lot of nonsense going on between the ears. Doesn't mean he can't be or isn't good but I already agreed he's not a superstar but I don't agree that he's some Corey Magette of big men/stats padder.

He's also in a horrible organization that has absolutely zero consistency, constant turnover and has never brought in good strong veterans to help with an admittingly young, immature big man like DMC (and as we see with Noel and Okafor in PHI). If Cousins was brought into an organization something like ours I really believe it would do him a world of good like it did for other supposed locker room cancers ie/ Zbo and Sheed. Without being revisionist, both of those guys prior to their final landing spot were being written off the exact same way. The need more calming influences like a Gasol, like Billups and given DMC's friendship with DeMar and Kyle I think he would have a similar turnaround and be the same level of player -- no not a "superstar" but huge part of a team's success as long as it's the right situation. Now if he goes to another bottom feeder or dysfunctional locker room expect more of the same or worse.

Comment

• Wrong thread to be talking Boogie guys. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X