Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    #ProveEm

Can't say i'm surprised, Deebo always had this in him. Took a lot of slack but, always knew this day would come. It was all a matter of time. Deebo has always been the franchise player that raptor fan never wanted but, the one they deserved. Hard work, loyal and loves Toronto. Great time to be a raptor fan.
    I'm not taking away anything from DeMar's accomplishments, but is he now a superstar in your mind? Dropping 52 on Malcolm Bogdan and Bledsoe is nice, but he's yet to play with any greatness in the playoffs. I need to see him be the best player or at least look like a superstar in the playoffs before I can place him on that pedestal next to VC.

Comment

#ProveEm

Can't say i'm surprised, Deebo always had this in him. Took a lot of slack but, always knew this day would come. It was all a matter of time. Deebo has always been the franchise player that raptor fan never wanted but, the one they deserved. Hard work, loyal and loves Toronto. Great time to be a raptor fan.
      Love demar, and love your support, but this is not quite yet coronation day of a franchise superstar, until he's the mvp of a playoff series, any playoff series. He knows it too.

Edit: basically the same post above me that I didn't see
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
        I'm not taking away anything from DeMar's accomplishments, but is he now a superstar in your mind? Dropping 52 on Malcolm Bogdan and Bledsoe is nice, but he's yet to play with any greatness in the playoffs. I need to see him be the best player or at least look like a superstar in the playoffs before I can place him on that pedestal next to VC.
        Let's act like Giannis/Middleton didn't attempt to guard him. Would you consider a top 5 MVP candidate a superstar? That's what Deebo is doing right now. I'm not worried about the playofff. Just like the season Deebo gets better with every year.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Let's act like Giannis/Middleton didn't attempt to guard him. Would you consider a top 5 MVP candidate a superstar? That's what Deebo is doing right now. I'm not worried about the playofff. Just like the season Deebo gets better with every year.

Bold: Why?!

Comment

That is not true. There's a consensus top 5 right now in fact a consensus top 7

1. Harden
            2. LeBron
            3. Durant
            4. Giannis
            5. Irving
            6. Westbrook
            7. Derozan

Which is still great, but what's great about raps repub is you don't get away with fudging the numbers lol

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              That is not true. There's a consensus top 5 right now in fact a consensus top 7

1. Harden
              2. LeBron
              3. Durant
              4. Giannis
              5. Irving
              6. Westbrook
              7. Derozan

Which is still great, but what's great about raps repub is you don't get away with fudging the numbers lol
              I think there's a chance DeMar can overtake Irving in the MVP voting, but the Raptors would have to get the first seed with DeMar putting up clearly better numbers (if they put up around the same numbers, Irving's media love plus the narrative of him leaving LeBron for his own team will push him over DeMar).

There's no way DeMar gets past the other five, but that's fine. Him being in the top 10 is incredible in and of itself.
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• I bet Curry would get more votes than DeRozan too, regardless of whether they're warranted.

Comment

Love demar, and love your support, but this is not quite yet coronation day of a franchise superstar, until he's the mvp of a playoff series, any playoff series. He knows it too.

Just curious, but do you do the same for, say, Anthony Davis and DMC? DeMar has obviously had a lot more playoff than both of those guys combined. What about Tmac and all his playoff woes?

Regardless, I’m with Christian in being confident that DeMar’s improves skill set, along with the new offence, will result in improved postseason production.

Comment

• And let's not forget that VC only played in two playoff campaigns for the Raptors, the first of which he shot 30% from the field and was ousted in the first round.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                      Just curious, but do you do the same for, say, Anthony Davis and DMC? DeMar has obviously had a lot more playoff than both of those guys combined. What about Tmac and all his playoff woes?

Regardless, I’m with Christian in being confident that DeMar’s improves skill set, along with the new offence, will result in improved postseason production.
                      I don't consider dmc a superstar. Anthony Davis I do but I also think he's had the worst supporting cast in the nba cumulative since he came into the league

Comment

You don't consider him the MVP of the Bucks series? Who would you choose?

He had by far the best numbers on the winning team. He had a 32/4/3/5 stat line in the elimination game. Unless someone on the losing team is absolutely transcendent (and Giannis wasn't), that's the MVP.

Comment

I'm not sure what sort of defender Middleton is, but I don't think it would have changed anything if I had mentioned him. And Giannis defended on maybe a couple of possessions that he scored but not many and if he defended him the whole game then great but it's still one regular season game. He's graced the consensus MVP standings and that is fantastic, but no way do I consider his brief appearances there as confirmation that he is a legit superstar. Gotta see it in the playoffs when he is facing good defenders consistently. I'm a DeMar fan, and I'm hoping/wishing he maintains this level of play into the post season, but I gotta see it. He does that in the playoffs and I place him ahead of VC as the greatest Raptor of all time. He does that in the playoffs and he brings the same recognition to Toronto in American media that VC did. He's already a rare breed that is so dedicated to his craft that he continues to improve so late into his career, but it would be something truly special that everybody would have to recognize if he does this in the post season.

Comment

• Here's a tidbit I find kinda interesting this season: With the exception of the games below, any time DD lead the team in scoring, we win, and perhaps more intriguing, any time he didn't lead the team in scoring, we lost. The only exceptions:

--W vs. Bulls (first game of the season) - JV top scorer
                            --L's @ GSW & Spurs & Celtics - DD top scorer (those games were lost by a combined total of 10 points, all on the road)
                            --L - Vs. Wizards- DD top scorer (the only loss at home this season)
                            --W's against the Hawks (a blowout) and Hornets, where Norm & Kyle were top scorers, respectively.

==========

This probably has zero real statistic significance, but from a broad "eye test" standpoint, it points to how big of a sway his individual performance has on the overall team's performance.

In yesteryears, I would look at this with some dread, you know, the old "over-reliance on Kyle & Demar etc.."; but this year, it feels different. It feels like he's still the engine, but it's a healthier, more sustainable engine now: still carrying the team, but also getting everyone else involved with more dimes, spacing the floor for others with a blossoming 3-ball, while still finding the focus to gradually but steadily improve on both individual and team defence.

The guy is in the middle of a genuine well channeled and well timed burst in development (at 28 no less, which makes it all the more incredible). The only question lingering is: Can it take root and hold it in long haul? That would be the hardest accomplishment, but if it happens, it will take the team farther than it's ever been.

Comment

• Shooting 37% from 3 so far this season. Pretty damn impressive.

Comment

• Improving your 3-pt shot this dramatically in the middle of a season? Both in percentage and attempts/makes. WTF. Has that ever happened before? Love it.

Comment

Working...
                                X