Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    His contract dicrates otherwise. We expected him to be the 1a all star quarterback but also scorer. Kind of funny that people keep lowering the bar to excuse him.
    18.7ppg, 4.4rpg, 9.9apg, 47.3%Fg, 37%3FG. Those are Chris Paul's career stats. If Lowry was somewhere in that vicinity while playing solid D and being a team leader, I think that would be worth the contract he's getting and in no way would be lowering the bar as you say. All he has to do is get his shooting back to normal and those numbers, or ones very similar, are very achievable. And hard to believe that would be detrimental to the team. Something like 18-20ppg, 4-5rpg, 7+apg with good shooting percentages and defence is all we should need from Lowry, and it would be worth his contract and all-star consideration. Really wouldn't be much difference than last year except for the slight dropoff in PPG, and I'd take that if there was an uptick in APG.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
      18.7ppg, 4.4rpg, 9.9apg, 47.3%Fg, 37%3FG. Those are Chris Paul's career stats. If Lowry was somewhere in that vicinity while playing solid D and being a team leader, I think that would be worth the contract he's getting and in no way would be lowering the bar as you say. All he has to do is get his shooting back to normal and those numbers, or ones very similar, are very achievable. And hard to believe that would be detrimental to the team. Something like 18-20ppg, 4-5rpg, 7+apg with good shooting percentages and defence is all we should need from Lowry, and it would be worth his contract and all-star consideration. Really wouldn't be much difference than last year except for the slight dropoff in PPG, and I'd take that if there was an uptick in APG.
      Sure. I'd be happy too. But he's at 13 ppg. That's not a small difference thru 8 games.
      Last edited by KeonClark; Sat Nov 4, 2017, 06:40 PM.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Sure. I'd be happy too. But he's at 13 ppg. That's not a small difference thru 7 games.
        perhaps, but there really is little reason to think it won't normalize as the season progresses. If it doesn't, then ya, we have a problem. But the point is he doesn't, or shouldn't, have to be the scorer he's been the past few seasons. This team should be able to succeed if Lowry takes a step back in that department, as long as the shooting percentages get back to where they were and his D is good.

Comment

Sure. I'd be happy too. But he's at 13 ppg. That's not a small difference thru 8 games.
          Take a look at his usage. He's down a huge amount, basically tied with Jonas, Serge, and Pascal. If he was shooting at his Toronto career %s it would only add 1.1 points per game.

We've improved in team assists per possession from 30th to 12th. You can have a ball-pounding iso-offence or you can have more passing, better distribution, and culture change... But you can't have both.

I personally think it's commendable that he's bought in even at a sacrifice to his own numbers. He could be doing more, but I'm sure he'll figure out the right balance over the course of the season.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
            Take a look at his usage. He's down a huge amount, basically tied with Jonas, Serge, and Pascal. If he was shooting at his Toronto career %s it would only add 1.1 points per game.

We've improved in team assists per possession from 30th to 12th. You can have a ball-pounding iso-offence or you can have more passing, better distribution, and culture change... But you can't have both.

I personally think it's commendable that he's bought in even at a sacrifice to his own numbers. He could be doing more, but I'm sure he'll figure out the right balance over the course of the season.
            I like the fact that Lowry is trying get teammates involved but at ~ $30M/yr, he got paid like a top tier superstar, so he needs to be able to both things.... make his teammates better AND score when needed. It's not just commendable, it's expected. No excuses.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              I like the fact that Lowry is trying get teammates involved but at ~ $30M/yr, he got paid like a top tier superstar, so he needs to be able to both things.... make his teammates better AND score when needed. It's not just commendable, it's expected. No excuses.
              See this is where I think expectations are distorted by the CBA.

Neither DeMar nor Kyle is a true max player. Under a CBA without an artificial max and with a hard cap, their market value would be lower, as max salaries would be reserved for maybe ten or twelve players... LeBron, KD, Curry, Kawhi, Davis, Harden, Westbrook, Giannis. MVP-type candidates.

Basing expectations on what they're earning is like expecting a BMW to perform like a Ferrari because you paid a Ferrari price when all you could find were BMWs.

Let's suppose Kyle performs at his solid but non-top-tier-superstar level once again this playoffs... Are you going to blame the BMW or the guy who bought it?

Comment

Neither DeMar nor Kyle is a true max player. Under a CBA without an artificial max and with a hard cap, their market value would be lower, as max salaries would be reserved for maybe ten or twelve players... LeBron, KD, Curry, Kawhi, Davis, Harden, Westbrook, Giannis. MVP-type candidates.

Basing expectations on what they're earning is like expecting a BMW to perform like a Ferrari because you paid a Ferrari price when all you could find were BMWs.

Let's suppose Kyle performs at his solid but non-top-tier-superstar level once again this playoffs... Are you going to blame the BMW or the guy who bought it?
                I blame Kyle because at this late stage of his career as a veteran 3x all-star PG, he should be more than capable of switching between facilitator and scorer. He supposedly has one of the higher BBIQs in the league. In fact, we're asking him to do less, i.e., pick your spots. We're not asking him to be Westbrook or Curry. Just develop some chemistry with your teammates and be KLOE much less than you had to in the past. AT $30M/yr, this doesn't seem like an unreasonable expectation.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  I blame Kyle because at this late stage of his career as a veteran 3x all-star PG, he should be more than capable of switching between facilitator and scorer. He supposedly has one of the higher BBIQs in the league. In fact, we're asking him to do less, i.e., pick your spots. We're not asking him to be Westbrook or Curry. Just develop some chemistry with your teammates and be KLOE much less than you had to in the past. AT $30M/yr, this doesn't seem like an unreasonable expectation.
                  and thats kind of what he's been doing. It's just his shooting that has dropped off and that's likely to normalize as the season goes on. I don't think his D has been particularly bad, outside of the DEN game, that was team wide anyways. He seems more committed to running the team as a floor general than in the past, and that is a good sign going forward.

Comment

This is the ugly truth right here. If you're stuck with artificial max players, you're always drawing dead against teams with true max players. It's the reason I've always been against building around Derozan.
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                      and thats kind of what he's been doing. It's just his shooting that has dropped off and that's likely to normalize as the season goes on. I don't think his D has been particularly bad, outside of the DEN game, that was team wide anyways. He seems more committed to running the team as a floor general than in the past, and that is a good sign going forward.
                      This is exactly it. He's doing what he has been asked to do. The question is does Kyle need to be more of a focal point on the offence and less focused on distribution in order to be KLOE? Some guys perhaps just can't turn it on and off at will. I'm fine with Kyle being a distributor if it spreads the ball more with the rest of the team and it leaves him rested to be KLOE for the playoffs.

Comment

The problem is, kyles playing like a hyundai. I want my beamer back.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• It took James/Wade/Bosh a full season plus a Finals loss to Dallas to really figure out how to play with each other. Asking a guy to shift gears to this degree is an easy thing to ask but a difficult undertaking for the player. It's going to take Lowry some time, I'm not worried at all.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• totally off topic but i just noticed some of the tags for this thread:

"antoine wright"
                            "demar derozan 2011 mix "
                            "hollinger"
                            "sonny weems"

lmao

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                              totally off topic but i just noticed some of the tags for this thread:

"antoine wright"
                              "demar derozan 2011 mix "
                              "hollinger"
                              "sonny weems"

lmao
                              Geeeeeez, don't remind me of those days ugh.

To add on this thread, I think visually Derozan's been giving more effort on defense so far. But he still gets beaten off the dribble way too often on straight line drives. He rarely looks like he gets deep enough in his stance on defense.

Comment

• Ball wrote: View Post
                                Geeeeeez, don't remind me of those days ugh.

To add on this thread, I think visually Derozan's been giving more effort on defense so far. But he still gets beaten off the dribble way too often on straight line drives. He rarely looks like he gets deep enough in his stance on defense.
                                Those Joe Ingles blow bys were painful to watch.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X