Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebrian wrote: View Post
    This makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit. Playoffs only:
    The takeaway from this is that Jonas has the highest turnover-to-assist ratio of those 3. Ride or Die. smdh. #CaseygonnaCase

Comment

• Random thoughts:

1. What are the odds that when this shit fest is over we find out that both DD & KL had undisclosed injuries
      2. I am not a fan of Casey...but props to him having steered the team to this playoffs record with the DD & KL performances todate and the JV injury. No team/coach could realistically cope.
      3. In both series the Raps did not have the best player on the court.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        I was firmly in the "you gotta maintain the asset" stance, until last night. I've had enough.

Now I could be convinced that ridding ourselves of DeRozan (and the terrible shot selection culture he breeds) right from training camp, is the smarter decision.

But Casey deserves just as much blame for allowing that culture to define this roster. He needs to shape up big time.
        The thing about maintaining the asset is that it's value will start depreciating as soon as that max deal was signed. Nobody is going to trade a good package for a 25-30 million dollar Demar. Fans are a bit too overconfident because Masai has made some good trades for fairly weak assets. Delmar would fully be tradeable, but he could be Rudy Gay tradeable. An overpaid volume scorer who won't really return youth or talent in a deal. Most likely would get role players and cap flexibility...why not just let him walk, sign a role player or two of your choice now and not have his contract hanging over your head going into next year.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
          Random thoughts:

1. What are the odds that when this shit fest is over we find out that both DD & KL had undisclosed injuries
          2. I am not a fan of Casey...but props to him having steered the team to this playoffs record with the DD & KL performances todate and the JV injury. No team/coach could realistically cope.
          If they have more, undisclosed injury, then it just makes it more reprehensible how many terrible shots they're hoisting and how many minutes they played this season.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
            This makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit. Playoffs only:
            Bah, JV turns it over more than Demar... No wonder we don't feature him more in the offence

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              The thing about maintaining the asset is that it's value will start depreciating as soon as that max deal was signed. Nobody is going to trade a good package for a 25-30 million dollar Demar. Fans are a bit too overconfident because Masai has made some good trades for fairly weak assets. Delmar would fully be tradeable, but he could be Rudy Gay tradeable. An overpaid volume scorer who won't really return youth or talent in a deal. Most likely would get role players and cap flexibility...why not just let him walk, sign a role player or two of your choice now and not have his contract hanging over your head going into next year.

Yup, I'm starting to see the light.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post

After these last 11 games I've gone from "they gotta get something for him" to just wanting the guy to go away. I mean it'd be nice to not be left empty handed but I think he's really hurt his value and the only teams looking to sign on to max will be desperate teams. Those teams will burn their cap space before the end of July regardless of whether they secure DD or not.

Comment

• Yeah i really believe his greatest value will be in just going away. Said that like 2-3 months ago.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                    After these last 11 games I've gone from "they gotta get something for him" to just wanting the guy to go away. I mean it'd be nice to not be left empty handed but I think he's really hurt his value and the only teams looking to sign on to max will be desperate teams. Those teams will burn their cap space before the end of July regardless of whether they secure DD or not.
                    unless we give him a contract similar to Carroll, we are going to start descending into mediocrity rather quickly (if given near max contract) because we cannot upgrade the core with free agents and cannot trade his contract away for a fair value. There is a fine line between Andre Igguodola game and Corey Maggette's and unfortunately DD is following the latter.

You have to believe that Masai who dismissed Lou from wanting to sign back with the Raptors, cannot decide to give DD near max contract from essentially playing just as poorly as Lou did.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      I'm starting to veer dangerously close to this position as well.

Although to be fair, I was always on the bandwagon of signing and then trading him later. The reasons why have changed though.
                      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                        unless we give him a contract similar to Carroll, we are going to start descending into mediocrity rather quickly (if given near max contract) because we cannot upgrade the core with free agents and cannot trade his contract away for a fair value. There is a fine line between Andre Igguodola game and Corey Maggette's and unfortunately DD is following the latter.

You have to believe that Masai who dismissed Lou from wanting to sign back with the Raptors, cannot decide to give DD near max contract from essentially playing just as poorly as Lou did.
                        Didn't think it was possible, but DeRozan is playing considerably worse right now than Lou ever did.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                          Random thoughts:

3. In both series the Raps did not have the best player on the court.
                          What's sort of funny is that, given all of the issues, they are 2 wins away from the ECF (and should really be 1 win away) for the first time in franchise history. Their two 'best' players have played like crap and they've won in spite of them for the most part. It's pretty remarkable when viewed in that light. If you'd have told me that Lowry and Derozan would be shooting 34% for the playoffs I would have said they'd be out in the first round.

It speaks to (a) how good they have been defensively, (b) how good the talent is around DD and Lowry, and (c) how deep the team is at various positions. Everyone is very focused on the negative but there's a lot of good news to be found - they aren't 19-63 and in the lottery for the fourth straight year and they aren't a team of 35 year olds with one last gasp.

Comment

• For those concerned with having to take back junk salary in a later trade of DeMar...

Keep in mind, there is ANOTHER cap boom next summer. There will be teams that strike out on free agents, and have max cap room, and maybe would rather trade picks/prospects for DeMar using their cap space to facilitate the deal rather than trying to match salaries and play over the cap.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                              What's sort of funny is that, given all of the issues, they are 2 wins away from the ECF (and should really be 1 win away) for the first time in franchise history. Their two 'best' players have played like crap and they've won in spite of them for the most part. It's pretty remarkable when viewed in that light. If you'd have told me that Lowry and Derozan would be shooting 34% for the playoffs I would have said they'd be out in the first round.

It speaks to (a) how good they have been defensively, (b) how good the talent is around DD and Lowry, and (c) how deep the team is at various positions. Everyone is very focused on the negative but there's a lot of good news to be found - they aren't 19-63 and in the lottery for the fourth straight year and they aren't a team of 35 year olds with one last gasp.
                              No doubt. Big picture, there's a lot to like. But the small picture's making me crack my head against the wall.
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                For those concerned with having to take back junk salary in a later trade of DeMar...

Keep in mind, there is ANOTHER cap boom next summer. There will be teams that strike out on free agents, and have max cap room, and maybe would rather trade picks/prospects for DeMar using their cap space to facilitate the deal rather than trying to match salaries and play over the cap.
                                Except at that point we're another year down on JV's development with DeMar eating up massive usage.
                                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Working...
                                X