No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would still give VC the edge over DeRozan.

Vince was still a much better 3pt shooter when he was here (hovering around 38-40% for the most part). Of course DeMar's ppg are impressive right now but this is a higher scoring league in general.

VC at times was dominant, like he completely took over. I will say I've been impressed with DeMar making some big clutch shots in this last little stretch but I would also give Vince a slight edge there. We can't forget that monster series where him and Iverson went back n forth at each other with some huge games. VC also seemed to play a bit more within the flow of the offence and unlike DD, he didn't have a teammate the calibre of Lowry when TMac left yet was still able to carry the team through the Playoffs....not sure I feel confident that DeMar could do likewise.

Of course there was also the unbelievable highlight reel dunks that would fire up everyone too but that's kinda whatever lol

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
      Cuz he could shoot 3's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Yeah threes and monster playoff performances while being the clear number one option. Also I'm pretty sure his defense was better than derozan's although I was like 12 when carter was killing it here so who knows

Comment

• Vince, at his Raptor peak, was easily a top 5 player in the league. He got better as the stage got bigger.

DeRozan, is probably in the top 15(ish) range.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Vince, at his Raptor peak, was easily a top 5 player in the league. He got better as the stage got bigger.

Again the nostalgia kicking in. Vince was never a top 5 player. He was on the outskirts of the top 10 at his raptors peak, similarly to kyle lowry now
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Again the nostalgia kicking in. Vince was never a top 5 player. He was on the outskirts of the top 10 at his raptors peak, similarly to kyle lowry now
            In 2000-01, I think you could make a legit case for Iverson, Kobe, Shaq, Duncan, Carter. EDIT: He was 2nd team All-NBA that year. Led the league in All-Star voting.

He was better than TMac, Webber, Dirk, KG, etc.
            Last edited by Nilanka; Fri Mar 24, 2017, 01:18 PM.

Comment

In 2000-01, I think you could make a legit case for Iverson, Kobe, Shaq, Duncan, Carter. EDIT: He was 2nd team All-NBA that year. Led the league in All-Star voting.

He was better than TMac, Webber, Dirk, KG, etc.
              Vince Carter was better than Kevin Garnett? Yikes. Also C Webb was dominant. Gary Paytons prime had wound down but still a lockdown defender and premier point guard.

Vince was in the same tier as Gary Payton, McGrady, Ray Allen, Jason Kidd. Those 5 could fall anywhere from 7 to 12 depending on preference.
              Last edited by KeonClark; Fri Mar 24, 2017, 01:23 PM.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Vince Carter was better than Kevin Garnett? Yikes. Also C Webb was dominant. Gary Paytons prime had wound down but still a lockdown defender and premier point guard.

Vince was in the same tier as Gary Payton, McGrady, Ray Allen, Jason Kidd. Those 5 could fall anywhere from 7 to 12 depending on preference.
                I'm saying Vince at best was #5, and you're saying he was at best #7. Since we're comparing to DeRozan, is there really a difference between 5 and 7? The point is DeRozan's got a few steps to go before he's at this level.

Comment

• And not to be lost on all this....Vince was doing things the world had never seen before (and haven't seen since).

Comment

And not to be lost on all this....Vince was doing things the world had never seen before (and haven't seen since).

Oh I know. He's my favorite player of all time and the reason I got heavy into ball in 1999. I loved vince so much that post trade I adopted the new Jersey nets as my 2nd favorite team and reeeeally wanted him kidd and Jefferson could win titles. I even remember the bit players on that roster nenad krstic, cliff Robinson...needless to say they had an awful front court lol

That fact I cheered for vince and the Nets (except when they played toronto) and never boo'd probably puts me in 1% of raps fan.
                    Last edited by KeonClark; Fri Mar 24, 2017, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Vince, at his Raptor peak, was easily a top 5 player in the league. He got better as the stage got bigger.

Which year let alone multiple years was Vince ever a top 5 player. He was All-NBA 2nd team once and never made All-NBA 1st team.

Like that isn't a perfect metric but considering how prominent he was, I don't think he was being underrated by the national media.

EDIT: I missed this being addressed higher up.

He was 10th and 11th in MVP voting in 2000 and 2001.

In 2001, which everyone ranks as his peak. VC was worse than Iverson, Shaq, Kobe, Duncan, Webber, Garnett, T-Mac pretty clearly.

That makes Vince the 9th best player in the league at best. Kidd, Allen and Pierce are also in the discussion as well (all of them had better careers later on but that isn't relevant) .

This is still better than DeMar this season who has a case for a top 15 spot but not a top 10 spot.

This isn't to shit on Carter, being the 9th best player in the league is amazing and better than any Raptor ever (even Lowry last year didn't hit that, if he was healthy this year maybe). It also would have been enough to put them in the finals if they had a better surrounding cast and would have given them a fighting chance against the Lakers if McGrady stayed.
                      Last edited by Jrice9; Fri Mar 24, 2017, 02:24 PM.

Comment

• VC never won an Atlantic division title, never reached the Eastern Conference finals, and never won more than 48 games. He's amazing, but what metric are you guys really using? The metric that matters most is wins. The only reason that DD shouldn't be considered the best Rap of all time is because he has a talent like Lowry. The only reason Lowry shouldn't be considered the greatest Rap of all time is because of DD. Heck, how many playoffs did VC make? In the next few seasons, when the Raps become synonymous with making the playoffs. and VC's number is raised. No one is going to say that Vince was the best Raptor of all time.

Vince Carter is the most important Raptor in franchise history. No doubt. Best? Pretty sure that baton has been passed.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                          VC never won an Atlantic division title, never reached the Eastern Conference finals, and never won more than 48 games. He's amazing, but what metric are you guys really using? The metric that matters most is wins. The only reason that DD shouldn't be considered the best Rap of all time is because he has a talent like Lowry. The only reason Lowry shouldn't be considered the greatest Rap of all time is because of DD. Heck, how many playoffs did VC make? In the next few seasons, when the Raps become synonymous with making the playoffs. and VC's number is raised. No one is going to say that Vince was the best Raptor of all time.

Vince Carter is the most important Raptor in franchise history. No doubt. Best? Pretty sure that baton has been passed.
                          Devils advocate: if vince ever had a 2nd top 15 player to play with like kyle and demar have, wins would be a better metric. These raptors are better at the top and depth.

It's close. Vince will always have more talent in his pinky than any of the raptors other all stars. His peak is comparable to kyle last year and demar this year but probably still slightly better (2nd team all nba, kyle was 3rd team last year demar may be 3rd team this year, but also to be fair guards have never had a deeper pool than now) finally longevity, legacy and sustained success is demar by a country mile.

I think I've got it:

Best Raptor ever: demar derozan
                          Biggest raptor ever: vince carter
                          Most valuable raptor ever: kyle lowry
                          Biggest ostrich of all time: chris bosh

Comment

• Best JYD of all time? Carroll?
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              Best JYD of all time? Carroll?
                              Carroll is the best of all time at wearing ladies Capri pants that are hiked 4 inches above your shoe tops

https://www.instagram.com/demarrecarroll1/?hl=en

In fact he's ahead by a mile. He's gonna prove tough to beat

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                Best JYD of all time? Carroll?
                                Tucker.

Comment

Working...
                                X