Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Kyle lowry is the leader of the franchise. 110%. Yes demar is the primary scorer and sells jerseys..but he's not a natural leader.

And you'd be naive to think Masai wouldnt pursue a deal for a player better than demar if it's available. Not saying get rid of him, but still acquire a better player. It's the only possible chance at a championship
    No, trading DeMar is not the only possible chance at a championship. Other players could be traded as well.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
      No, trading DeMar is not the only possible chance at a championship. Other players could be traded as well.
      Never said trade demar
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Strongly recommend reading this article on the way the Raps screen for DeMar. Very good read.

http://fansided.com/2016/11/30/demar...oll-3-pointer/
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Never said trade demar
          Yeah you didn't my mistake.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            Strongly recommend reading this article on the way the Raps screen for DeMar. Very good read.

They was great.. thanks for the link!

Comment

Strongly recommend reading this article on the way the Raps screen for DeMar. Very good read.

Awesome! They used Lowry to set the screens a lot vs the Bucks when Jason Terry was on the floor, too. Good luck switching Terry onto DeRozan in those situations.

Side note edit: I had completely figured Jason Terry was an assistant coach somewhere already, who knew he was still dressing for games. That guy's old, small and only ever did play one side of the court.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                Awesome! They used Lowry to set the screens a lot vs the Bucks when Jason Terry was on the floor, too. Good luck switching Terry onto DeRozan in those situations.

Side note edit: I had completely figured Jason Terry was an assistant coach somewhere already, who knew he was still dressing for games. That guy's old, small and only ever did play one side of the court.
                Jason terry scored 2 points on the bucks bench last night. Check the video on today's game thread. Vet's vet.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

This also helped highlight how good JV is at quickly switching the direction of his screens, and his ability to set multiple screens in a row.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                    This also helped highlight how good JV is at quickly switching the direction of his screens, and his ability to set multiple screens in a row.
                    He's really improved this over the years - not just his fundamentals but also reading the guard's intent and deciding whether to roll or re-set the screen. Something Amir Johnson used to be great at.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

He's really improved this over the years - not just his fundamentals but also reading the guard's intent and deciding whether to roll or re-set the screen. Something Amir Johnson used to be great at.
                      Id like one Amir Johnson please.
                      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• https://theathletic.com/27680/2016/1...s-of-all-time/

according to koreen, demar is the 4th greatest raptor of all time so far.

1) VC
                        2) Lowry
                        3) Bosh
                        4) Derozan

Comment

• I have him at 3.

I think he's already passed Bosh.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                            These types of discussions are completely subjective. So here is my subjective thoughts on Vince and Kyle and DD.

I think Vince is and will likely always be the greatest Raptor.

He is the guy who made a lot of Toronto sports fans Raptor fans. Vince won games all by himself on a nightly basis when he was half man half amazing. He made shots at the buzzer to win games. He made dunks that showed up every night on the highlight reels. He stole the show at the dunk contest at the ASG. He was basketball. He made it cool to be a Raptor fan.

Vince laid a foundation and he garnered enough fans to take the Raps from a purple curiosity to where we are today. A nightly sold out ACC and Jurrasic Park as 10,000 seat overflow in the playoffs.

Kyle and Demar have built on that legacy. They are great players too and have made the Raps a team to take notice of.

But.. there is only one Vince..
                            It was all over just a little too fast for Vince, and despite that being as much the team's fault (maybe moreso), his Toronto window was spectacular but short-lived and ultimately frustrating for all involved. DeMar's window is only now fully opened, and it just so happens to coincide with the team being very good and also getting better.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              I have him at 3.

I think he's already passed Bosh.
                              Close call. We have to remind ourselves that the best player Bosh ever played with was Mike James....

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                Close call. We have to remind ourselves that the best player Bosh ever played with was Mike James....
                                Played with Vince for a year plus.
                                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X