Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post
    My childhood friend is autistic. He was only diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder during his college years. I never saw any symptoms, just some social anxiety problems. I always thought he was just shy. So there are mild autism cases too

Don't worry guys, NBA is coming back in 60 days. Our mental state is deteriorating. We need some real bbal
    pretty much this
    no point going into some crazy argument about it, but there is much more to autism than the special needs image most people have of it
    mild forms can actually be a blessing not at curse

im so interested in it because at 22, i was recently "diagnosed" with aspergers
    i see demar as having a lot of similar traits as myself which is why i brought it to attention lol
    growing up as a star player in team sports really masks the social problems of it, because you are seen as a leader, it is much easier to blend in/be accepted.
    ive always been a popular person despite it lol

I swear im not crazy haha

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
      a swimmer with a shoe deal? thats gotta be the first. is your friend Michael phelps?
      Shoe deal was for X number of shoes a year for training. It wasn't Nike. He got shoe + training clothes not money or just a stipend.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
        Aspergers is autism and Derozan is not autistic. I have two younger cousins who both have Aspergers, he does not possess any of the character traits I've seen from any person with autism. The biggest sign is how the person talks, people with autism are extremely awkward socially and constantly say weird shit. Derozan isn't weird enough to have autism.
        my sister actually has autism, she has the biggest memory ever, its just hard for her to put the memory to use. Like she will remember everything but just say it in front of people for reason really. Thats why having it in a mild spread is actually really beneficial. You remember everything but you can use that knowledge at a correct time.

She is so much smarter than I will ever be, if only she could learn to contain it right. So I dont see really any points disapproving dd having slight aspergers.

Itd be pretty good to have it namsayin

Summertime RR is awesome haha
        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Who remembers DeRozan vs the Blazers? Man that had to be one of my favorites, if he hit the winner would've been my all time favorite Raptors game. (Only been watching since 2010/11)

Comment

• Apparently, COMP10 was among the league leaders in "long 2s" attempted but, wasn't as inefficient as some would have us believe. Most efficient from 16-24 feet?: Deron Williams. Least efficient?: John Wall

Comment

• godkingleonidas wrote: View Post

Apparently, COMP10 was among the league leaders in "long 2s" attempted but, wasn't as inefficient as some would have us believe. Most efficient from 16-24 feet?: Deron Williams. Least efficient?: John Wall
              Go to stats.nba.com
              Go to shooting
              Select 8 ft intervals
              Sort in 16-24 ft category

You'll find where he lies.
              No need to bring beliefs into it.
              It is right there as a matter of fact.

Comment

• And, that video shows he's just as inefficient as we would have you believe. Did you watch the video? The entire point of the video is how ridiculously terrible the long two is, even for players who are average shooters from there, and as such should be avoided like the plague. And DD shoots the 2nd most in the entire league.

The name of the video is "Why Long 2's should be avoided at all costs" for crying out loud.

Anyone that watches that video and feels better about DD's midrange game/shot selection is a lost cause.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  And, that video shows he's just as inefficient as we would have you believe. Did you watch the video? The entire point of the video is how ridiculously terrible the long two is, even for players who are average shooters from there, and as such should be avoided like the plague. And DD shoots the 2nd most in the entire league.

The name of the video is "Why Long 2's should be avoided at all costs" for crying out loud.

Anyone that watches that video and feels better about DD's midrange game/shot selection is a lost cause.
                  Long 2's are terrible but nobody fouls a three point shooter and without a midrange its hard to setup a three pointer or attack the paint. Shot selection could be better but dismissing an entire area of the court isn't a good idea.

Comment

And, that video shows he's just as inefficient as we would have you believe. Did you watch the video? The entire point of the video is how ridiculously terrible the long two is, even for players who are average shooters from there, and as such should be avoided like the plague. And DD shoots the 2nd most in the entire league.

Perhaps a lost cause if one is looking at mid-range shooting in a stats vacuum. I know the argument has been made before here, but within the context of overall NBA strategies, if a team doesn't offer some reasonable threat from the more inefficient mid-range, opposition defenses can shut a team down pretty easily. That DeMar keeps working at, and keeps improving upon being one of the most efficient at one of the most difficult factors in the game, that defenses force a team toward, isn't such a bad thing, imo.

Comment

• chico wrote: View Post
                      Perhaps a lost cause if one is looking at mid-range shooting in a stats vacuum. I know the argument has been made before here, but within the context of overall NBA strategies, if a team doesn't offer some reasonable threat from the more inefficient mid-range, opposition defenses can shut a team down pretty easily. That DeMar keeps working at, and keeps improving upon being one of the most efficient at one of the most difficult factors in the game, that defenses force a team toward, isn't such a bad thing, imo.
                      Some reasonable threat =/= taking the second most mid range jumpers in spite of not being among the elite at hitting them.

DeMar has not increased his efficiency from midrange over the past 5 years, I see no reason to expect him to in the future. He has simply taken more of them every year. His focus should be on driving the ball. No one is saying to eliminate the mid range jumper from his game. He should make the mid range the second or third option for him. As it is, it is his first option, and that is a big problem.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Some reasonable threat =/= taking the second most mid range jumpers in spite of not being among the elite at hitting them.

DeMar has not increased his efficiency from midrange over the past 5 years, I see no reason to expect him to in the future. He has simply taken more of them every year. His focus should be on driving the ball. No one is saying to eliminate the mid range jumper from his game. He should make the mid range the second or third option for him. As it is, it is his first option, and that is a big problem.
                        Its his first year as a top scorer. He is still developing and should improve his decision making and work better within the offense. As he learns to handle the added defensive focus his overall game should improve.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                          Its his first year as a top scorer. He is still developing and should improve his decision making and work better within the offense. As he learns to handle the added defensive focus his overall game should improve.
                          Yeah?

This year he was top scorer.
                          Last year before the Rudy trade he was top scorer.
                          The year before he was the top scorer for the 51 games Bargnani missed.

Seems he's been doing it for a huge chunk of each of the past three seasons.

His overall game should indeed improve. I seriously doubt his midrange game does.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yeah?

This year he was top scorer.
                            Last year before the Rudy trade he was top scorer.
                            The year before he was the top scorer for the 51 games Bargnani missed.

Seems he's been doing it for a huge chunk of each of the past three seasons.

His overall game should indeed improve. I seriously doubt his midrange game does.
                            It's hard to imagine that anybody is still going with a "he is what he is" type opinion regarding DeMar, to say nothing of wondering why. That aside, are the number of fouls he creates, and increased FTs, from mid-range, included in these efficiency analysis? He creates a lot of his very league high FTs from out there.

Comment

It's hard to imagine that anybody is still going with a "he is what he is" type opinion regarding DeMar, to say nothing of wondering why. That aside, are the number of fouls he creates, and increased FTs, from mid-range, included in these efficiency analysis? He creates a lot of his very league high FTs from out there.
                              I've been very interested in that question, and it is extremely relevant to the discussion. Sadly, I haven't been able to find a source for location of fouls drawn. Would be invaluable to the evaluation of DD's midrange approach.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

He only needs to make slight adjustments - just shift a few of those shot attempts per game closer to the basket or out to the 3 pt line. He can still make use of the mid-range game, just not at this rate. (As JV and some of the young guys develop, I hope some of these shots will be deferred to them anyway.)

My concern is that DeMar has it in his head that the mid-range game is "his game." I don't remember where the video was, but a reporter asked him about this issue last season and his response was one of those "haters gonna hate, just gotta play my game" type responses. Lowry has also defended the issue in the same way, I think for the sake of backing up a friend and teammate.

DeMar can adjust his shot attempts at any time. I don't know when he will.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X