No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The way I read that espn blurb is that DD left an out in his comments....if the talks breakdown then he starts talking with others..which is a respectful thing to do. What we cant say is how long after July 1 and what is considered a "breakdown" in terms of money and/or term.

Abbas you realize your rep is on the line here dont you ?

Joakim is being offered 30 M ? Have the Wiz gone effing insane. Good for him and his shoulder.

Comment

• Respect.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Or maybe he actually does just want to play in Toronto next year and doesn't need to talk to other teams unless negotiations get ridiculous (lowball offer).
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
          Abbas you realize your rep is on the line here dont you ? .
          Lol 119m/5y is what they started the talks on.
          DeMar is still taking a discount. Masia is still going to get a meeting with Kd. These 2 things won't change.
          Don't expect the number to go too much higher than 119 though
          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
            Lol 119m/5y is what they started the talks on.
            DeMar is still taking a discount. Masia is still going to get a meeting with Kd. These 2 things won't change.
            Don't expect the number to go too much higher than 119 though
            You're losing some credibility there, given we already know who's getting meetings, and the Raptors aren't even on the 'outside' list. Also, you've interestingly started hedging on your number.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
              You're losing some credibility there, given we already know who's getting meetings, and the Raptors aren't even on the 'outside' list. Also, you've interestingly started hedging on your number.
              Barolt please dont beat up on Abbas too much...he does after all generate a lot of clicks on the forum...and comments!

Comment

I listed the wrong incentives, my bad. But the deal is already done.
                119m/5yrs
                He'll sign on the 3rd-5th day of free agency
                Source - Abbas from Raptors Republic

Quote me on this. And if by any chance Im wrong, I will change my Avatar to anything you guys want.
                Life comes at you fast.

Comment

Trust me, Masai is getting a meeting with KD. and when Demar resigns giving us a discount dont be surprised
                  Abbas wrote:

Comment

• Sinbad wrote: View Post
                    Life comes at you fast.
                    lol he's not even looking at other teams

IK he'll resign and it will be around those numbers (119m/5y)
                    Abbas wrote:

Comment

• Damn. I don't think I've seen anything like this before specially the player DeRozan's caliber. #respect

Toronto Raptors shooting guard DeMar DeRozan does not plan to schedule meetings with other teams at the start of free agency, opting to focus on working out a contract to return to the Eastern Conference finalists, a source told ESPN.com.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16...oronto-raptors
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

lol he's not even looking at other teams

IK he'll resign and it will be around those numbers (119m/5y)
                        Ah. So now it's around those numbers? Clever. Your claims sounded fishy from the start, and now you're trying to creep away from them. DeRozan likely returns, but that massive paycut was never realistic. Nice try though.

Comment

Ah. So now it's around those numbers? Clever. Your claims sounded fishy from the start, and now you're trying to creep away from them. DeRozan likely returns, but that massive paycut was never realistic. Nice try though.
                          Things change, last week they were talking 119 and this week they are not

to my knowlegde he's still taking a paycut buddy
                          Abbas wrote:

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                            the risk is he doesn't take meetings right away, other free agents start committing to other teams OR worse...Masai gets Batum lined up and says your move DD
                            This stuff isn't actually that important for DeMar.

He's no one's first option this summer. Durant is. No other team is putting DeMar in a meeting until Durant rules them out.

Comment

This stuff isn't actually that important for DeMar.

He's no one's first option this summer. Durant is. No other team is putting DeMar in a meeting until Durant rules them out.
                              This reminds me of the summer that LeBron returned to Cleveland. The market was frozen until he made his decision, then everyone else fell into place. The biggest free agent always sets the stage for everyone else-- even teams that have no chance of getting them to sign. That's the irritating part.

Comment

This reminds me of the summer that LeBron returned to Cleveland. The market was frozen until he made his decision, then everyone else fell into place. The biggest free agent always sets the stage for everyone else-- even teams that have no chance of getting them to sign. That's the irritating part.
                                Exactly. That's part of why this is such a brilliant move for DeMar. He doesn't get meetings with other teams right away? It's because he was being loyal, not because the teams were waiting on DeMar.

I'm not saying anything about what DeMar is actually going to do, but if he really wants to test the market his PR game is on point.

Comment

Working...
                                X