No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For a guy that came into the league known for only his athleticism and hops, Demar has become an incredible player for the foundation he had to work with as an NBA rookie. It required alot of heart and effort to get to the point he is now. There are many players that enter the league with limited capabilities like Demar did, but very few ever get to the level that Demar is now. The mid-range game and a better shot were necessary for Demar to add to his game if he was to survive in this league. He has added those skills, and although they aren't the strongest part of his game, he has improved on them just about every season, and is still getting better. Yeah, we all know his defence could be better, and we all know he can rely on the jumper too much at times, but you got to give credit where credit is due...Demar has come along way since he got in the league and he deserves the attention he is getting this season.

Comment

• The narrative that DeMar is a below-average defender is false. He's either average or slightly above it.

Opponent PER (for SGs) is 13.9
      Opponent PER (for SFs) is 9.4

His dRTG is 105 which is slightly better than the league average of 105.8.
      He has more DWS (2.1) than Amir Johnson this season (2.0)

Just because he doesn't guard the other team's best wing doesn't mean that he's a bad one on one defender. It just means that Ross is a better one.

Comment

• Coming back to this thread and reading how ridiculous some of the dirt ossed at DD is only validates my earlier arguments.

unbelievable.

Ahem. Your whipping boy is an NBA allstar. Period.

Not a vote in, which is a BS popularity show.... but chosen by the Coaches....a group of people that have to plan against the guy night in and night out. Oh, and a few of um might know a thing or two about basketball.

Enough of this charade now guys, please.

Comment

• Simply put, if you take him out of the Raptors rotation, would they be achieving the same level of success that they have had in the past 2 months? No way.

Thing is, that would apply to Lowry as well.

They have both been crucial to the Raptors success, and from my perspective they should be sharing that 7th spot on the MVP ladder.
          I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
          -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
            Simply put, if you take him out of the Raptors rotation, would they be achieving the same level of success that they have had in the past 2 months? No way.

Thing is, that would apply to Lowry as well.

They have both been crucial to the Raptors success, and from my perspective they should be sharing that 7th spot on the MVP ladder.
            exactly.

Because player A) is slightly more valuable than player B), and player A is being mentioned as best at his position in the conference, it certainly doesnt mean that player B), who is an allstar, is bad.

OR

Ya, Lowry is killing it. so I Demar. Find a good center and and this team is a bloody contender.

Comment

• man the disrespect DeMar gets is unbelievable lol. People always argue he takes too many touches to score, well news flash hes our best player obviously hes going to get the most touches, it would be alarming however if he never passed and went 7/25 or something but that hasnt been the case.

Leave the man alone hes taken huge strides this year, and is a huge part of the raptors success. Why can't you just eat the humble pie and be happy for the guy?

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                man the disrespect DeMar gets is unbelievable lol. People always argue he takes too many touches to score, well news flash hes our best player obviously hes going to get the most touches, it would be alarming however if he never passed and went 7/25 or something but that hasnt been the case.

Leave the man alone hes taken huge strides this year, and is a huge part of the raptors success. Why can't you just eat the humble pie and be happy for the guy?
                I agree. I don't think it ever hurts to give credit where it is due. This guy is playing his heart out for Toronto, and he is putting this team back on the map.
                I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• Just read the last couple pages of this thread and the DD hate continues to be out of control. I think a few of us just need to be happy that he's exceeded expectations and gracefully bow out from trying to rip the guy. The need to qualify anything he accomplishes with an explanation on why it's not actually that impressive is a little bizarre. I swear he could shatter Wilt's single game scoring record next week and I'd read on here that he didn't actually impact the game because he only had 2 rebounds.

We're really going to question his character, effort and leadership now? Beyond the fact that there's direct quotes from his teammates stating the exact opposite, I could have swore that all summer long I read that those were his ONLY redeeming qualities.

Comment

• Fantastic post

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
                      Just read the last couple pages of this thread and the DD hate continues to be out of control. I think a few of us just need to be happy that he's exceeded expectations and gracefully bow out from trying to rip the guy. The need to qualify anything he accomplishes with an explanation on why it's not actually that impressive is a little bizarre. I swear he could shatter Wilt's single game scoring record next week and I'd read on here that he didn't actually impact the game because he only had 2 rebounds.

We're really going to question his character, effort and leadership now? Beyond the fact that there's direct quotes from his teammates stating the exact opposite, I could have swore that all summer long I read that those were his ONLY redeeming qualities.
                      The thing that gets me is the kind of criticism. People just ragging on him like he's a useless bum who will never change...despite the fact that he's transformed immensely as a player since being drafted.

I'm fine with criticism. I still criticize him at times. Part of that is wishing, and believing he can improve in certain areas still.

It stops being criticism at some point though, and just starts becoming an exercise in finding any reason to "hate" on him. Especially, like you say, when people start calling him out for lacking intangible qualities that he has actually always brought to the table, and were previously mentioned as his only positives....sigh

Comment

• The thing that kills me the most is I think people don't realize that he has EXCEEDED any of our expectations. This guy had absolutely NOTHING other than dunking ability to his game when he came into the league. Most guys like that end up out of the league or on the end of the bench after 5 years not making All Star teams. I could never rag on a guy that puts that level of work into his game. I am beyond proud of Derozan. When you work that hard you deserve EVERYTHING positive that happens to you in your career. I understand that he takes too many long twos and isn't the greatest defender but it comes across like people want him to be perfect or near superstar level for them to appreciate him and respect how much he's improved and what he's done for this team. The Lebron James and Durant's of this world who have little to no flaws only come around every 10 years or so. Just because Demar has flaws he still needs to work on that doesn't mean you have to talk about him like he's some third stringer bum at the end of the bench. If someone who never watched Raptors in their life came on this forum and read all the "criticism" people had about Demar they would honestly think he was like the worst player in the NBA or some shit. It's one thing to criticize because he does have flaws and he does have things even I want him to continue to work on but when it's EVERY SINGLE GAME almost no matter how well he plays it starts to come across like some obsession and like you can't give him any props because you want to prove some point. This is why people call it "hating". If Demar does 2 out of 10 things badly people will only focus on those 2 things and completely ignore the other 8 positive things he did well. Of they'll give him some back handed compliment. To me that hating not criticizing. But nothing is going to change so this is the first and last time I will be talking about this topic. I just normally ignore the people who criticize him 24/7 and keep it moving.
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Sorry for all the run on sentences and grammatical errors lol. I was in the heat of the moment and I forgot to read it through before I pressed send lol.
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Like i said on my previous post. One thing you can't question about DeRozan is his heart.

Haters have ran out of things to say about DeRozan that they're now questioning his biggest attribute. His heart. Pretty comical really.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                              The thing that kills me the most is I think people don't realize that he has EXCEEDED any of our expectations. This guy had absolutely NOTHING other than dunking ability to his game when he came into the league. Most guys like that end up out of the league or on the end of the bench after 5 years not making All Star teams. I could never rag on a guy that puts that level of work into his game. I am beyond proud of Derozan. When you work that hard you deserve EVERYTHING positive that happens to you in your career. I understand that he takes too many long twos and isn't the greatest defender but it comes across like people want him to be perfect or near superstar level for them to appreciate him and respect how much he's improved and what he's done for this team. The Lebron James and Durant's of this world who have little to no flaws only come around every 10 years or so. Just because Demar has flaws he still needs to work on that doesn't mean you have to talk about him like he's some third stringer bum at the end of the bench. If someone who never watched Raptors in their life came on this forum and read all the "criticism" people had about Demar they would honestly think he was like the worst player in the NBA or some shit. It's one thing to criticize because he does have flaws and he does have things even I want him to continue to work on but when it's EVERY SINGLE GAME almost no matter how well he plays it starts to come across like some obsession and like you can't give him any props because you want to prove some point. This is why people call it "hating". If Demar does 2 out of 10 things badly people will only focus on those 2 things and completely ignore the other 8 positive things he did well. Of they'll give him some back handed compliment. To me that hating not criticizing. But nothing is going to change so this is the first and last time I will be talking about this topic. I just normally ignore the people who criticize him 24/7 and keep it moving.
                              No doubt .. No way anyone expected DeMar to become an all star or put up numbers like this, people always used to say he was just a role player getting starter minutes.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                I don't even want to respond to this but wow just WOW. Do you really believe on what you're saying or you're just hating on the guy? because this is ridiculous.

I do realize what I'm saying. On here, saying anything bad about DD will warrant serious backlash so I choose my words carefully

DeRozan puts up his best runs when the team is down by 20+ points? no offence, but what the hell are you watching?

Chicago game, Portland game for examples. There have been many of these in his career

It's also pretty funny that you used the Pelicans game as an example because that was EASILY DeRozan's worst game of the season. You can't question the guy's heart or passion or basketball IQ or whatever the case may be just because of one game. That's just ridiculous. DeRozan is a guy that gets better and better every year. A gym rat. His first season in the NBA he literally couldn't do anything but dunk/jump. Now he's an all-star and now you're questioning his heart? are you kidding me? DeRozan's biggest attribute actually i think is his heart.

I stated in my post that the NO game was an example for a much larger (5 years) of data. If you aren't going to read what I post, don't reply.

DeRozan is just as important to this team as Lowry. He's their go to guy. Their best scorer. Top 10 in the league. You take him out of the lineup and the Raps are one of the worst teams in the NBA.
                                BigCamB wrote: View Post
                                Would've thought it was more of an IQ issue than lack of effort
                                Well I think its both...but at some point you got to say to yourself that this guy wont beat me and close out properly, and I doubt the he doesn't know how to properly close out, speaking to a lack of effort. As for IQ, he does do random rotations 3-4 times a game that screw up his teammates so I don't know if he can read-and-react too well.

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                                Bold 1: have an example of a lesser player that would make the team better and is more a team player than Demar? How can you think that Demar isn't much of a team player.

Bold 2: what? offense is easy except when it isn't, but Demar only scores when it's easy? Is that what you were trying to say cause really it makes no sense.

Bold 3: it certainly is debatable. Remove either guy from the lineup and the team would struggle greatly. At least GV is there if Lowry wasn't, which is certainly a downgrade but the Raps have no one that can replace Demar's contributions.
                                Bold 1: Barnes, CJ Miles, Ariza, Mathews, Parsons, Webster, E. Gordon, Dunleavy, Deng, Waiters, Lamb, Batum. List enough?

Bold 2: "Offense is easy except when it isn't"????!! Ooooo, how about, the sun is out except when it's night? Or, the wind is blowing except when it is calm? Seriously?? Try giving a legit answer as to why, which I did. It is hardest to score in tight games when the D is toughest, down 20 the D relaxes and it is easy to score, if you can discount this please let me know how.

Bold 3: You remove Lowry from this team and we are a lotto team, you remove DD and we may drop a bit in the standings, but we are still a playoff team.

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                                Sometimes I wish I could "Dislike" comments.

I'm just going to go ahead and disagree with all of this.
                                (Took out the parts that were actually not debatable.)

As for the Pelicans game ... its one game, and a complete outlier.
                                Which was stated in my post, and expanded on that these types of plays can be seen in many games this season and past seasons. Please read my full post before responding with this. You are a moderator, and therefor I expect better from you than than the average poster.

Craig wrote: View Post
                                Not a vote in, which is a BS popularity show.... but chosen by the Coaches....a group of people that have to plan against the guy night in and night out. Oh, and a few of um might know a thing or two about basketball.

Enough of this charade now guys, please.
                                Well the coaches chose Joe Johnson over Lowry. And they didn't vote in Anthony Davis in the West. They make mistakes too. Its all political with teams and agents lobbying coaches to pick their guys for the All-Star game.

**However I think DD does deserve to be an all-star in terms that he is putting up pretty numbers on the offensive end**

Fully wrote: View Post
                                Just read the last couple pages of this thread and the DD hate continues to be out of control. I think a few of us just need to be happy that he's exceeded expectations and gracefully bow out from trying to rip the guy. The need to qualify anything he accomplishes with an explanation on why it's not actually that impressive is a little bizarre. I swear he could shatter Wilt's single game scoring record next week and I'd read on here that he didn't actually impact the game because he only had 2 rebounds.
                                And I'm tired of hearing that he is the baby jesus.

I'm playing devils advocate and you guys can't seem to understand that your home boy DD just isn't as good as your lofty statements.

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                The thing that gets me is the kind of criticism. People just ragging on him like he's a useless bum who will never change...despite the fact that he's transformed immensely as a player since being drafted.
                                Well considering how bad he was when he was drafted I would sure hope he improved.

No one has ever ragged on him like a useless bum.

Comment

Working...
                                X