• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeRozan named Player Of The Week
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      DeRozan named Player Of The Week
      "DeRozan averaged an NBA-high 35.7 points, 6.0 assists and 4.3 rebounds during three games last week. He shot .557 (34-for-61) from the field, .550 (11-for-20) from three-point range and .933 (28-for-30) at the free throw line." - http://www.nba.com/raptors/press-rel...ek-january-1-7

Now won it 7 times in the last 15 months. Won it once in his career before fall 2016.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        "DeRozan averaged an NBA-high 35.7 points, 6.0 assists and 4.3 rebounds during three games last week. He shot .557 (34-for-61) from the field, .550 (11-for-20) from three-point range and .933 (28-for-30) at the free throw line." - http://www.nba.com/raptors/press-rel...ek-january-1-7

Now won it 7 times in the last 15 months. Won it once in his career before fall 2016.
        Apparently he's won it each month since the start of last season. Consistent.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Woj is the man though. ESPN should give this man more platform to talk about basketball.

As for DeRozan, this dude's work ethic is out of this world. Waking up at 4:30am to work out? and work on his game? His work ethic reminds me of the late great Roy Halladay.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Woj is the man though. ESPN should give this man more platform to talk about basketball.

As for DeRozan, this dude's work ethic is out of this world. Waking up at 4:30am to work out? and work on his game? His work ethic reminds me of the late great Roy Halladay.
            Demar Derozan vs. Terrence Ross is exactly the comparison to show how far work ethic can take you past pure talent alone.

They both came into the league with basically equal chances at success. Now look.

Don't even get me started on Bargnani
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Woj is the man though. ESPN should give this man more platform to talk about basketball.

Wasn't it "work on his craft" in the interview? The use of that word seemed to impress Woj.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Tomato, Tomahto
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Woj mentioned that Masai said DeMar has never been late for anything (game, practice, meeting, function) in 8+ years. Then compared him to Duncan. DeMar responded by talking about trying to set an example.

That's leadership. Makes me so proud to have him repping our franchise.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Demar Derozan vs. Terrence Ross is exactly the comparison to show how far work ethic can take you past pure talent alone.

They both came into the league with basically equal chances at success. Now look.

Don't even get me started on Bargnani
                    It's more than work ethic. Working hard only gets you so far. Derozan clearly is both very passionate and wise about his career. To be a top person at anything requires all three, along with a bit of luck. My guess is that neither Ross nor Bargnani were ever invested enough to make working at their games matter much at all.

Comment

Tomato, Tomahto
                      Not really. There's a difference between a workman and a craftsman. And Demar is a craftsman.
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                        It's more than work ethic. Working hard only gets you so far. Derozan clearly is both very passionate and wise about his career. To be a top person at anything requires all three, along with a bit of luck. My guess is that neither Ross nor Bargnani were ever invested enough to make working at their games matter much at all.
                        Isn't that what I said?
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Glad I listened to the podcast.

It's crazy how mature Demar is/has been, even when he was younger. The guy just understands what needs to be done to get better and works hard at it.

Waking up 4:15am every morning to go to the gym takes incredible commitment. Rumour says he was working on his game on New Year's Eve. This guy is something else.

Honestly, this is why I could never give up on the kid. Even years ago when the proof wasn't there for all to see.... There's something special about Demar. I'm grateful that he's here and looking forward to see what he can accomplish here. I'm proud to be a fan of someone like this. He's a great example for all of us, especially kids coming up.

Loyal. Hard working. One of a kind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Woj's podcast is great. He's knowledgeable but I really like how he just kinda lets the guys tell their story. Really interesting to hear what some of the players have to say that he's had on.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                              Glad I listened to the podcast.

It's crazy how mature Demar is/has been, even when he was younger. The guy just understands what needs to be done to get better and works hard at it.

Waking up 4:15am every morning to go to the gym takes incredible commitment. Rumour says he was working on his game on New Year's Eve. This guy is something else.

Honestly, this is why I could never give up on the kid. Even years ago when the proof wasn't there for all to see.... There's something special about Demar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              I have to admit that I was one of the people who did give up on Demar ... and I freely admit I was wrong.

Typically what you are as a basketball player stays the same year over year. Demar has had an unbelievable progression, especially this year. This year Demar's and Jimmy Butler's stats are pretty comparable: https://www.boxscoregeeks.com/player...28&season=2017

Jimmy Butler has consistently been at around this level ALL 7 of his years in the league. Demar NEVER was ... and over 7 years has gone from being Dion Waiters for 5 years, to being Thaddeus Young for 2 years, to being Jimmy Butler this year. Players just don't do that ... except Demar did!!

P.S. What happened? Compare this year's stats to his career averages: https://www.boxscoregeeks.com/players/318-demar-derozan
                              - his assists are WAY up (2 assists/48 min jump)
                              - he has (finally) added a 3-point shot (36.8% vs. 29% career average)
                              - he's improved his 2-point shooting too (51.0% vs. 48% career average)
                              - everything else is around the same ... which is normal for basketball players
                              Last edited by Kuh; Mon Jan 8, 2018, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Man you know DeRozan is playing well when The Claw is giving him some love like this
                                Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                                The claw's grip.... loosening?

You've gone soft. Pshhh
                                planetmars wrote: View Post
                                I'm sure the Claw is waiting on the old DD to show up again.

This was probably him screaming at his tv after DD scored 52:

Never questioned his character, hard work and discipline.

But totally amazed of his transformation this past month (threes, defense and making his teammates better)

I hope it continues so the Claw will go permanently extinct.

Comment

Working...
                                X