Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
    Well his past tells you he will at the least, try 100% to do just that.
    More so than the 3 pointer, that's the best area of his game to focus on. He's incredibly dangerous when he doesn't settle for bad shots, and taking a playmaking focus should open up all sorts of avenues to avoid bad shots (and should cause defences to hesitate in their coverage of him, opening up more easy offence for him too).
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
      Demar on TSN 1050 now. They asked him what's one thing he wants to work on this offseason. He said being a better playmaker. Let's hope he really does focus on that.
      He was at his best last year when we facilitated. If he plays that way consistently then I'd call the season an improvement on last. Playoffs is still where he has to earn his, now quite large, paycheque.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        He was at his best last year when we facilitated. If he plays that way consistently then I'd call the season an improvement on last. Playoffs is still where he has to earn his, now quite large, paycheque.
        Agreed. He said something to the effect of watching gametape of these playoffs made him realize that that's what he needs to focus on and improve.

Comment

• Guys. Straight up. Demar is so inspirational. He doesn't even know the effects that his effort to improve through adversity has on random people through out the world.

Players like Demar have an influence on the world that is not so obvious, except to the people who are being influenced.
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Agreed. He said something to the effect of watching gametape of these playoffs made him realize that that's what he needs to focus on and improve.
            If only he realized that after watching the first game tape during the playoffs
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Demar on TSN 1050 now. They asked him what's one thing he wants to work on this offseason. He said being a better playmaker. Let's hope he really does focus on that.
              Playmaking is probably one of the more difficult things to improve on your own, in the off-season.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                More so than the 3 pointer, that's the best area of his game to focus on. He's incredibly dangerous when he doesn't settle for bad shots, and taking a playmaking focus should open up all sorts of avenues to avoid bad shots (and should cause defences to hesitate in their coverage of him, opening up more easy offence for him too).
                Though if he could somehow be an efficient reliable shooter from 3 it would allow him to play a better 2 man game with a post player on the weak side. If Lowry and JV are on the same side, Lowry feeds, his man doubles, JV goes back to Lowry, bang - open 3. Super efficient play. If he doesn't double because he respects lowry's shot, JV goes to work 1-1. Very efficient play.

Demar could improve his post passing a great deal and make doubling JV much more dangerous if he could hit that open 3. Would make him much more dangerous and efficient.

So his 3 ball is important specifically for the feeding the post part of his play making game.

Comment

• Don't know if this has been posted but I wonder at close to 30 million dollars a year ... Does MLSE say no to Drew League for Demar ?

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                    Don't know if this has been posted but I wonder at close to 30 million dollars a year ... Does MLSE say no to Drew League for Demar ?
                    Highly doubt MLSE makes the call on this. Masai might, but I'm confident it would be his decision one way or another.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      Playmaking is probably one of the more difficult things to improve on your own, in the off-season.
                      Good thing he's with the USA national team then.

Comment

Id like to see where he said that if u have the source. I remember him saying he's watched tape but he didnt say specifically what he needs to focus on or improve. At this point Id be surprised if he was self aware enough to come to this conclusion on his own.

I love Demar but it doesnt matter how much game tape he seems to watch, which is reportedly a lot, he still has terrible bball IQ.
                        Last edited by Machine; Mon Jul 18, 2016, 12:55 PM.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                            Id like to see where he said that if u have the source. I remember him saying he's watched tape but he didnt say specifically what he needs to focus on or improve. At this point Id be surprised if he was self aware enough to come to this conclusion on his own.

I love Demar but it doesnt matter how much game tape he seems to watch, which is reportedly a lot, he still has terrible bball IQ.
                            I think I read he said something to what ogi stated as well. I can't remember where it was, hopefully someone else can find the source and post it. Maybe I read wrong but from what I read he said that playmaking is one of his focuses this summer and he also stated he has been looking at a lot of tape from the playoffs. So maybe they don't necessarily go hand in hand, but if he's watching a lot of playoff game tape and is now saying he wants to work on playmaking I would like to think it's because he saw how much tunnel vision he had in the playoffs. Which would be amazing. Because it wasn't the fact that he was missing shots in the playoffs that bothered me, it was the fact that he was so stubborn that he wouldn't start using himself as a decoy. He gets so much attention and you have a big man like JV who has amazing hands and touch around the paint. PASS THE BALL. This is the first time he has ever said anything to the effect of working on playmaking so this is an extremely good sign. Let's see if it actually comes to fruition.
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                              I think I read he said something to what ogi stated as well. I can't remember where it was, hopefully someone else can find the source and post it. Maybe I read wrong but from what I read he said that playmaking is one of his focuses this summer and he also stated he has been looking at a lot of tape from the playoffs. So maybe they don't necessarily go hand in hand, but if he's watching a lot of playoff game tape and is now saying he wants to work on playmaking I would like to think it's because he saw how much tunnel vision he had in the playoffs. Which would be amazing. Because it wasn't the fact that he was missing shots in the playoffs that bothered me, it was the fact that he was so stubborn that he wouldn't start using himself as a decoy. He gets so much attention and you have a big man like JV who has amazing hands and touch around the paint. PASS THE BALL. This is the first time he has ever said anything to the effect of working on playmaking so this is an extremely good sign. Let's see if it actually comes to fruition.
                              I agree, its exciting to think that he may have seen the light. We could be a much better team with him playing smarter. But he also started out moving the ball great this past season too before reverting back to Dunce Demar.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                                I agree, its exciting to think that he may have seen the light. We could be a much better team with him playing smarter. But he also started out moving the ball great this past season too before reverting back to Dunce Demar.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
                                This is very true. Which is why I have to see it to believe it and more so in the playoffs than anything else. I'm just glad he's actually bringing playmaking up on his own as an improvement he needs to make. The first step in the right direction is acknowledging the problem. He used to be stubborn and say he thinks he can hit any shot and will take any shot and all this crap. Finally he's at least SAYING the right thing. Now it's time to see that put into action.
                                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Working...
                                X