Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
    No trade improves a team if it results in Landry getting more playing time.
    Landry is fine as a lockdown defender role. He showed that this year early on... and if his shot can get better, I'm fine with him playing 7-10 minutes game. Not to mention him and JJ together would be a pretty nice fit.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
      Landry is fine as a lockdown defender role. He showed that this year early on... and if his shot can get better, I'm fine with him playing 7-10 minutes game. Not to mention him and JJ together would be a pretty nice fit.
      Landry just stays in front of his guy. He isn't lockdown. When they tried to get him to pressure he looked as bad as everyone else and was benched.

Comment

• I think Orlando is not sold on Harris and won't want to pay him the max. So I think they consider moving him for DD (I'd push to get O'Quinn in the deal as well, another guy due for a raise). They've got an unorthodox lineup with shooters up front and drivers in back, and DD at the 3 gives them another driver, plus he can nail that midrange jumper if he plays in the flow of the offence. Doing that let's us pay Harris the max, but before we do that we can use our cap room to add another max guy (like Draymond a Green or Jimmy Butler if you believe either could be pried away from teams that might be shy to spend), since Harris' cap hold is teeny tiny.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
          Landry just stays in front of his guy. He isn't lockdown. When they tried to get him to pressure he looked as bad as everyone else and was benched.
          When he came back from his concussion he was clearly a step slow and looked as bad as everyone else and was benched. Before his fall, he was VERY good.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            When he came back from his concussion he was clearly a step slow and looked as bad as everyone else and was benched. Before his fall, he was VERY good.
            obviously not a direct correlation but prior to landrys head bashing and after derozan was out, our defense started climbing again and hit top 11 before the big post-portland fallout.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
              obviously not a direct correlation but prior to landrys head bashing and after derozan was out, our defense started climbing again and hit top 11 before the big post-portland fallout.
              Scrub teams before Chicago

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                I think Orlando is not sold on Harris and won't want to pay him the max. So I think they consider moving him for DD (I'd push to get O'Quinn in the deal as well, another guy due for a raise). They've got an unorthodox lineup with shooters up front and drivers in back, and DD at the 3 gives them another driver, plus he can nail that midrange jumper if he plays in the flow of the offence. Doing that let's us pay Harris the max, but before we do that we can use our cap room to add another max guy (like Draymond a Green or Jimmy Butler if you believe either could be pried away from teams that might be shy to spend), since Harris' cap hold is teeny tiny.
                Sweet dreams are made of this

Comment

• I don't understand why trading DeMar is even in the discussions right now.

We are 2nd in the east, the guy is an all star, loves the place, is payed not even 10M $ and is 25 years old.

Seriously wtf.

In the offseason? Alright. But now? Omg...

Comment

• Trade Ross for Harris instead. Tobias Harris and DD would make a deadly wing duo

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                      Tony Allen is a lock down defender, and he just scares you too. If Landry is covering you, just remember the Nicki Minaj and you don't even have to worry at all

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        Trade Ross for Harris instead. Tobias Harris and DD would make a deadly wing duo
                        Tobias Harris is the answer to all of our problems.
                        "Bruno?
                        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• I'm probably alone on this.....but I think trading DD may be addition by subtraction

Our offense is predicated too much around his particular strengths, which isn't necessarily the best style of offensive play.

If we removed him from the lineup and designed the offense to have shooters at the 2-3-4 spots, and utilized JV in the post to play inside-out we may be able to take the next step in the team's development.

Right now I feel like we are going to come up against DD's talent cap very soon, and it is going to limit the options/flexibility we have going forward. Trading DD will most likely make us worse in the short-term, but in the long term, keeping DD may be detrimental (poor wording?)

It even might be to our advantage to take one step back now to take two steps forward in the future

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            Sweet dreams are made of this
                            DanH wrote: View Post
                            I think Orlando is not sold on Harris and won't want to pay him the max.
                            who am i to disagree

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                              I'm probably alone on this.....but I think trading DD may be addition by subtraction

Our offense is predicated too much around his particular strengths, which isn't necessarily the best style of offensive play.

If we removed him from the lineup and designed the offense to have shooters at the 2-3-4 spots, and utilized JV in the post to play inside-out we may be able to take the next step in the team's development.

Right now I feel like we are going to come up against DD's talent cap very soon, and it is going to limit the options/flexibility we have going forward. Trading DD will most likely make us worse in the short-term, but in the long term, keeping DD may be detrimental (poor wording?)

It even might be to our advantage to take one step back now to take two steps forward in the future
                              That's nothing.

I'm probably even more alone on this ... but part of me wonders what this team would be like with a taller, more standard pick-and-roll starting point guard. I don't have anyone specific in mind, but Lowry, as great as he is, is essentially an undersized combo guard.

I worry about what Lowry's game will look like once he loses a step in his thirties.

Edit: Long story short we rely too much on our guards. But not without reason, they're solid, talented players.
                              Last edited by bryan colangelo; Thu Jan 29, 2015, 02:46 AM.

Comment

• Just pound it inside man. Bigmen win championships unless you got Lebron or MJ on your team

Comment

Working...
                                X