Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeMar DeRozan

Anyone else worried about DeRozan for the future?

I'm not seeing a lot of growth or development nor are his stats very good for a starting 2 guard. I know he is 21 but........

2010-11 Statistics FG 3PT FT Rebounds Misc
    Season 7 29.9 33-78 .423 1-6 .167 21-27 .778 1.1 2.1 3.3 .57 .43 1.57 3.00 1.1 12.6

Comment

• He's hitting highs across the board. I think he's doing quite fine. He has to work more on taking the ball to the hoop and working on his range. I'm not worried.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
        He's hitting highs across the board. I think he's doing quite fine. He has to work more on taking the ball to the hoop and working on his range. I'm not worried.
        Yes, I see improvement but I'm not sure if that is because he has moved up the list of options and getting more opportunities. I look at guys last year who were rookies and they were able to contribute right away and actually look like they belong. I'm not getting that from DeRozan. Again I'm not knocking the guy I just am not sure he'll ever live up to the billing as a future starting 2 guard in the league. I really hope I'm wrong in these thoughts.

Comment

• Okay, I can't understand what those stats mean.

But on the other hand, DeRozan is still 20, or maybe just turned 21. He is still extremely young, and raw. He won't be getting 8 free-throw attempts a game, and won't be an all-star anytime soon. But he's good, athletic and young. He hasn't played too well in the past few games but who has? I'll give him some time, a few years and I think he will be pretty good.

Comment

• I guess I am being overly critical. My fear is the team is building around a guy who could be a Ronnie Brewer.

Comment

• The kid needs to work on his handles. His jumpshot is also suspect (prone to mechanical flaws). The best shooters in this league can release quickly and is very compact (see Curry's shots last night). He is not deft enough to make his way to the basket. Prior to leaving last night's game for example, Monta was all over him (picking his pocket at will, three times actually). He's young, but there's mechanical flaws in his dribble, jumpshot, and his free throws could be better. He has enough athleticism to get to the basket but, he knows that he's a turnover waiting to happen if he continues to attack the rim at his current skill level.
              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Yes, I see improvement but I'm not sure if that is because he has moved up the list of options and getting more opportunities. I look at guys last year who were rookies and they were able to contribute right away and actually look like they belong. I'm not getting that from DeRozan. Again I'm not knocking the guy I just am not sure he'll ever live up to the billing as a future starting 2 guard in the league. I really hope I'm wrong in these thoughts.
                You know when people were drooling all over Steph Curry, Brandon Jennings and Ty Evans last season? Did you know all 3 dudes were the focal point of their respective teams? All 3 took the most shots on their respective teams. That's how you get better - you get more oppourtunities, are allowed to play through the mistakes and hopefully you learn from it to become a stronger and better player. Last year, DeRozan was probably the last option on offense and played roughly 20 minutes. He didn't really have any responsibilities. This year, he's getting more oppourtunties and he's performing better. Just give it time.

Comment

• curry tooled toronto last night with ease, lets not compare the progeny of Raptors greatness to derozan Mango.... it ain't fair.

Comment

• Craig wrote: View Post
                    curry tooled toronto last night with ease, lets not compare the progeny of Raptors greatness to derozan Mango.... it ain't fair.

We didn't have a chance to select Curry - but to be fair, Curry did play 3 years of college before coming out. DeRozan played 1 year of college before coming out. Let's give the guy some time and oppourtunity to develop into the player we think he'll be.

But Stephen is cooooooollld blooded! kid can flat out shoot. he's an assassin.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      Anyone else worried about DeRozan for the future?

I'm not seeing a lot of growth or development nor are his stats very good for a starting 2 guard. I know he is 21 but........

2010-11 Statistics FG 3PT FT Rebounds Misc
                      Season 7 29.9 33-78 .423 1-6 .167 21-27 .778 1.1 2.1 3.3 .57 .43 1.57 3.00 1.1 12.6
                      If he can't shoot consistent jumpshots by the 4th year, his time in the league is limited.

Comment

• DeRozan's game on offense has been hurt by having to play four on five.

As far as his defense goes. He still has a long way to go.
                        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Derozen was drafted as a project and a project he is. He's getting better and will continue to do so as he gets his jumper going but don't expect him to carry this team on his back, he won;t be ready for that for a couple years, if he ever is.
                          "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

• He should be coming off the bench. He is a poor man's Sonny Weems right now.

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
                              He should be coming off the bench. He is a poor man's Sonny Weems right now.
                              How can he be a poor man's Sonny Weems when he makes three times what Sonny does?

Who goofed? I got to know.
                              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                                How can he be a poor man's Sonny Weems when he makes three times what Sonny does?

Who goofed? I got to know.
                                Talking in terms of skills based currency dawg, expand your linguistic horizons and you will encounter such wonderful concepts such as metaphors, allegories, simlies, and everyones favorite, soliloquies (not 100% on the spelling on that one lol)

Comment

Working...
                                X