No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I edited all the crap out...keep reporting if I missed something....

gotta an opinion about a poster's idea EXPRESS IT

gotta an opinion on the motivation of a poster's idea CAN IT

or I'm gonna break out this infraction system we haven't been using.
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      People seem really confused about the "golden" rule. It is not trying to describe how good a player is. Nor how good an offensive player they are. Nor how good their offensive impact is.

It is a descriptor for the top primary scorers in the game - the players who can be the primary focus of an offence (and therefore of the opposing defence) and still maintain a plus scoring efficiency. It will not capture passing (or not completely anyway), it will not capture impact (at all), it will not capture defence (obviously). It captures only a player's ability to put up points in bunches without sucking the life out of their team's offence (ie volume inefficient scoring).

I think DeMar could fairly be ranked as a top 20 scorer in the game today. His play style (and frankly the team's coaching) cause his team impact to be fairly poor (read: not star-like) even though he can be a top individual scorer, but he's still a tremendous scorer.

That is, the way he is playing now. Prior to this year he only hit (or even remotely approached) this plateau once, and it was in a season where he simply hit more tough shots than usual, which didn't bode well long term (at least not like this year's performance does). Nonetheless, that 2013-14 season from DeMar was undoubtedly a huge factor in the team making the playoffs (with, as noted, Lowry being the primary reason). Unfortunately the risk of playing the way he did was realized last season - when those tough shots don't go, everything falls apart.

I think there is one specific value to having a top scorer, even if they don't grade out well in terms of impact, team play (though DeMar is much improved here he still has room for significant improvement), and defence. And that is preventing other players from having to score as much. That sounds a little silly but the ability to carry usage while scoring efficiently is a rare one (as should be noted from the "golden" rule results, which is kind of the point). Players like Kyle Lowry, who are amazing impact players, very efficient (when healthy), drive the offence and defence of the team - those guys really help you win a lot. But they break down, or lose effectiveness, if they are forced to carry too much of a load. We have yet to see whether JV falls under the same category (his win production and efficiency stats are tremendous but his usage limit has never been tested).

But in any case, players like Lowry are absolutely invaluable, and are only capable of doing what they do when another player is there to take on the heavy offensive load. Many will argue that JV can handle. Much larger load than he is currently tasked with, and as such replacing DeMar with a player who is not an elite scorer (elite as in top 20 or 30, not top 5 or something) could be absorbed without increasing Lowry's workload too much. And I fall into that group. But we have to recognize that there remains a possibility that JV wouldn't be able to handle as much of an offensive load as DD. And we also have to recognize this: Lowry's best (sustainable) play has come over the last three seasons with DeMar beside him. So clearly DD has proven he can play that role for the team.

And it's a best of both worlds thing too - right now DD is producing wins as well, and playing a team game, and being efficient while carrying a high usage. And that's fantastic. And is why he is going to have a chance to be worth the contract he signs (a better chance if he comes in closer to 20M than 30M, but still). But the reality is that DD has had, for two of the last three years, one undeniable skill - the ability to soak up offensive possessions and lighten the load for everyone else, even when the win production was less and the team game could be lacking at times. The latter bits were concerning when evidence was already pointing to him getting big money. And that was a big reason why I wanted him moved. But he was never useless even when his win rate and efficiency were down (not through the floor like last year, but down), due to that one crucial skill.

But with his current (radically different, no matter what anyone says) play, that one big skill along with the more all-around game and improved efficiency (and improved sustainability of that efficiency stemming from his shot selection) is making him a very valuable player in more ways than one - which is new, and I'd gladly get used to it.
      DanH good well thought out post.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
        DanH good well thought out post.
        That's why we pay him the big bucks
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• What if demar and kd and horford are secretly best bros and have colluded to form a big 3 in la

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
            That's why we pay him the big bucks
            Yea, but I don't think he's worth the max and he's surely going to ask for it.
            Last edited by hotfuzz; Wed Dec 30, 2015, 08:10 PM.
            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
              Yea, but I don't think he's worth the max and he's surely going to ask for it.
              Let him walk and sign Jwash imo.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                Let him walk and sign Jwash imo.
                We need to sign posters who post gifs. It's the era of silly gifs right now. DanH is too one dimensional.
                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• it's hard to find someone who has gif game that is on fleek...not just gif posting, but knowing when to post gifs to maximum effect. gifieciency if you will

Comment

• Here's what we do, re-sign DanH to the max then trade him to RealGM for two trolls and 3 panic threads.

Comment

• But here's the dilemma guys: DanH has continually said he loves RR. We have enough problem attracting free posters as is. We can't let someone who loves the site and is such a hard worker just walk away. Who's going to replace him anyways?
                      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                        But here's the dilemma guys: DanH has continually said he loves RR. We have enough problem attracting free posters as is. We can't let someone who loves the site and is such a hard worker just walk away. Who's going to replace him anyways?
                        This.

We have to re-sign DanH at whatever cost.

Also he improves every year. 10 years ago, he didn't know what eFG was. Now he can pretty much be the source for any questions concerning the cap.

He means more to RR than anyone else....well other than HQ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                          What if demar and kd and horford are secretly best bros and have colluded to form a big 3 in la

I mean, shit, I think no matter how much anyone talks about how much DeMar loves Toronto, when LA comes knocking this summer with a max offer and sends Kobe to tell DeMar that he can come to LA and fill Kobe's shoes, there's a decent chance DeMar is gone. They have some good young talent, and he's a compton boy who talks about how much he loved Kobe and the Lakers as a kid a lot.
                          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                            I mean, shit, I think no matter how much anyone talks about how much DeMar loves Toronto, when LA comes knocking this summer with a max offer and sends Kobe to tell DeMar that he can come to LA and fill Kobe's shoes, there's a decent chance DeMar is gone. They have some good young talent, and he's a compton boy who talks about how much he loved Kobe and the Lakers as a kid a lot.
                            what does this have to do with DanH? Try and stay on topic

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                              what does this have to do with DanH? Try and stay on topic
                              Well, clearly DanH's PER(Poster Efficiency Rating) is sky-high this season, but is it just a case of him being a good stats-bad team guy? If he was posting for a legitimate title contender, I worry that he wouldn't be as big of a contributor.
                              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Idk Barolt if he had better posters around him the defense can't key in on him so that's gonna make his job easier

Comment

Working...
                                X