• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demar gave us what we needed tonight

34 pts 6 rbs 5 ast 2 stl 2 blk

15/15 ft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• ^ Yea, but it's not good that we require such effort to win the game.
      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
        Demar gave us what we needed tonight

15/15 ft

Will get consideration for NBA Player of the Month for December.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
          ^ Yea, but it's not good that we require such effort to win the game.
          The great players give this type of performance daily... I wouldn't say that. I would say it was a great performance in a game where they probably should have won a little easier given the Wiz injury situation, but this kind of thing happens in the league regularly. Full props to DeMar on his season so far.

Comment

• And there should be nothing wrong with eating crow as long as you're happy for the team. Bangerang Rufio.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
              Are we allowed to hold you accountable on this one?

Never eat the crow that you could today the crow you could (4 years from) tomorrow. - Garfield Snooch
              When you're so heavily invested in a rigid position, the only way out is to move the goalposts and hope that no one remembers what you said later on.

I had a pretty heated debate with a poster on another site who said Demar's all-star berth was basically meaningless; he said anyone can make ONE all-star team. Oh and besides, the coaches don't really pay attention and just pick whoever's popular.

When DeMar makes his second all-star team, that guy will probably say well I bet he can't make a third. Oh and he hasn't taken us to the conference finals. Oh just one ring? So what. Iso iso iso long two long two but James Harden blah blah blah blah

Comment

• December averages for DeMar:

25 points, 4.9 rebounds, 4.3 assists per game through 15 games, and here's the big one... on 56.8 TS%. Outstanding.

Comment

• DeMar had another good game!

This is really just an excuse to post in this thread and thank you guys for the laughs over the past couple pages. Can't leave you guys alone for a few hours...

And don't think I don't appreciate the delicious irony of me being DeMar in this brilliant analogy.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                    December averages for DeMar:

25 points, 4.9 rebounds, 4.3 assists per game through 15 games, and here's the big one... on 56.8 TS%. Outstanding.
                    yep im loving this 'new' demar and im willing to excuse that shitty last iso play that nearly cost us the game vs the wiz last night.

its just poor form in the nba that hes barely getting all-star votes and absolute wussy garbage like kyrie irving whos played 3 games all season is probably going to get fan-voted in.

VOTE!

easy link: https://www.google.ca/search?q=nba+vote+raptors
                    Last edited by iblastoff; Thu Dec 31, 2015, 08:15 AM.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                      Are we allowed to hold you accountable on this one?

Never eat the crow that you could today the crow you could (4 years from) tomorrow. - Garfield Snooch
                      I dont have to eat crow. Cause i remain correct.

The overblown interpretations is incorrect generalizations made of my posts for now appear to he incorrect.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Comment

When you're so heavily invested in a rigid position, the only way out is to move the goalposts and hope that no one remembers what you said later on.

I had a pretty heated debate with a poster on another site who said Demar's all-star berth was basically meaningless; he said anyone can make ONE all-star team. Oh and besides, the coaches don't really pay attention and just pick whoever's popular.

When DeMar makes his second all-star team, that guy will probably say well I bet he can't make a third. Oh and he hasn't taken us to the conference finals. Oh just one ring? So what. Iso iso iso long two long two but James Harden blah blah blah blah
                        I have moved no goalposts at all.

That is the demar supporters midrange shot.

This is another opinion that i have which i brought up when 5 year max contracts were brought up yet again.

I stand firm on all previously posted thoughts regarding demar.

1. Poor defender
                        2. Poor shooter
                        3. Effectiveness tied directly to system and opportunity
                        4. Demar as a number 1 option is not a sustainable winning formula.
                        5. Max contract or anywhere near is too much to pay for 2nd or 3rd banana demar
                        6. Chance his body will break down around 30 years of age.
                        7. An offense is far more sustainable and defense is better when you run an inside out offense.

Those are my points. My stances.

From that the counters have always implied ludicrous mis-generalizations of my posts or complete misuse of examples given in an effort for said points to be ignored or beat.

I have never said demar couldnt take better shots....i doubted it would last a season.

I have never said demar doesnt produce good raw stats.

I have never said he couldnt get a little better...again said i doubted it.

I havent said he hasnt improved upon his shot selection this year....only that i doubt it stays this way forever.

I did say when he was selected to allstar game that injuries and team record played a big part in that selection....that isnt wrong.

And i said that this year would be alot harder to get in if he played the same as previous seasons and the east was healthy and performing equally to last season

But because i posted that i dont like demars game and find him boring then i am just a "hater" or a "troll" which is more than fine to call me around here. Dont say it to anyone else though...you'll get in trouble for that

Last edited by Snooch; Thu Dec 31, 2015, 08:54 AM.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                          Demar gave us what we needed tonight

15/15 ft

Agreed. I have major concerns though that in the playoffs this type of performance will not necessarily translate into wins.

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                            Agreed. I have major concerns though that in the playoffs this type of performance will not necessarily translate into wins.
                            Concerns concerns concerns. Meh.

Did our concerns stop a 4 game sweep in last year's playoffs?

Who knows if it will translate? I guess we'll find out if and when we get to the playoffs.

Why worry about something we have no control over? The guy played great and we won. It seems there will always be concerns after every big game until we get to the playoffs and see the results.

Last edited by special1; Thu Dec 31, 2015, 10:18 AM.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                              I have moved no goalposts at all.

6. Chance his body will break down around 30 years of age.

You just added in the word 'chance' there.

Besides that, the term "broken down" can be argued to mean so many things from naturally slowing down to multiple knee surgeries.
                              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

December averages for DeMar:

DeKobe...

Comment

Working...
                                X