Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• special1 wrote: View Post
    Concerns concerns concerns. Meh.

Did our concerns stop a 4 game sweep in last year's playoffs?

Who knows if it will translate? I guess we'll find out if and when we get to the playoffs.

Why worry about something we have no control over? The guy played great and we won. It seems there will always be concerns after every big game until we get to the playoffs and see the results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    To be fair and objective, the last 2 years in playoffs gives this concern serious legitimacy.

But your last sentence is spot on

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      To be fair and objective, the last 2 years in playoffs gives this concern serious legitimacy.

But your last sentence is spot on
      Honestly the Nets series didn't bother me. Like they were a good team with guys who've won rings before, and it came down to 1 shot. I know we lost but the feeling I had after that series was an optimistic one. After the Wizards series though? I didn't even feel like watching basketball anymore, like we got beaten senseless.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
        Honestly the Nets series didn't bother me. Like they were a good team with guys who've won rings before, and it came down to 1 shot. I know we lost but the feeling I had after that series was an optimistic one. After the Wizards series though? I didn't even feel like watching basketball anymore, like we got beaten senseless.
        I'm the opposite.
        The Nets series was ours. I don't get involved in the ridiculous "everything is Casey's fault" meme so many here are fond of, but that out-of-bounds play on the wrong side of the court was crushing.
        Last year, i believed by the trade deadline the team had huge issues that spelled doom. Yeah, the Wiz series even underperformed my low expectations, but the writing was on the wall well before the playoffs.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• I didn't have a problem with the Nets one. They got beat by a very veteran team. I feel that series was lost cause of our inexperience. Raps were up 3-2 after game 5 and couldn't close it out.

Last year was probably the lowest I've ever felt as a raps fan but, I should of known with the way Kyle was there no chance. The team goes as he goes.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
            Nets series did bother me because as the series wore on, they became more ISO-centric....especially those last 2 games.

Comment

• Wasn't Brooklyn pretty Iso centric too? They barely won those games.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                Wasn't Brooklyn pretty Iso centric too? They barely won those games.
                And supposing you're correct, that makes it alright?

Everyone else is doing it?

Good grief.

If DeRozan can consistently play within the team and his abilities as he has done much of this season, I might actually be a fan of his.

Comment

• "Demar is literally the worst player in the NBA, *insert_scrub* would be better on this team"
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Good grief.

If DeRozan can consistently play within the team and his abilities as he has done much of this season, I might actually be a fan of his.
                    Well you say that style of system wont work in the playoffs. Well if they were using a pretty similar style and it worked. Why couldn't it work for us this time around. Seeing that our two best players are even better since than and an improved defense.

Can you stop saying DD is playing a "team game" now. DD has always been a team player. His assist haven't necessarily got up too high. Its just his efficiency has gone up. Which we already saw last year when he finally got healthy.
                    Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Thu Dec 31, 2015, 01:06 PM.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      Well you say that style of system wont work in the playoffs. Well if they were using a pretty similar style and it worked. Seeing that our two best players are even better since than and an improved defense.

Can you stop saying DD is playing a "team game" now. DD has always been a team player. His assist haven't necessarily got up too high. Its just his efficiency has gone up. Which we already saw last year when he finally got healthy.
                      First paragraph: Your logic is brutal. The Spurs move the ball and they won championships. So that style obviously worked. The Raptors have resorted to heavily concentrated ISO basketball each of the last 2 years in the playoffs and are 3-8 doing so.

Second paragraph: DD has hardly been a team player. "Dumb ass shots" is not the trademark of a team player. I don't use assists as the measuring stick of a team player but with that said, DD's assist rate is highest of his career. Most importantly the ball isn't sticking with him - that is crucial. You don't have anything, get rid of it, don't force it.

Comment

Good grief.

isn't this the reason demar can't play the two in todays' game?

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                          DeMar is showing he can play the two in today's game.

The reason why he struggled before, from a team perspective, was simple mathematics combined with "dumb-ass shots".

By the way, my views regarding DeRozan have certainly changed with his change in play. I really do wish people would change their views on my opinions.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            Ehh I think that idea for the most part has vanished.

Lemme know which spot up shooter can get me an efficient 23-5-4 and I'll swap DD for him lol

You want a better 2 guard right now it's Harden or Butler I don't think even Klay has been better than him this year.

Comment

• I've said it before. I prefer ball movement to ISO, but at no point has anyone shown me that one or the other is the better way to win ball games in regular season or in the playoffs. You play to the strength of your players, and if you don't have knock down shooters like GS and Spurs and you have guys that are better with the ball in their hands then perhaps that's the way you go. At least that is the reasoning I see with how this team runs their offence.

Also I think that ISO should not be synonymous with selfish play. LeBron is one of the least selfish players in the league and is constantly in ISO plays. And Cav's easily beat a good movement team in the Hawks in the playoffs. As many have already mentioned, DeMar's decision making has gotten better, but he is still doing it within and ISO offence.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                I've said it before. I prefer ball movement to ISO, but at no point has anyone shown me that one or the other is the better way to win ball games in regular season or in the playoffs. You play to the strength of your players, and if you don't have knock down shooters like GS and Spurs and you have guys that are better with the ball in their hands then perhaps that's the way you go. At least that is the reasoning I see with how this team runs their offence.

Also I think that ISO should not be synonymous with selfish play. LeBron is one of the least selfish players in the league and is constantly in ISO plays. And Cav's easily beat a good movement team in the Hawks in the playoffs. As many have already mentioned, DeMar's decision making has gotten better, but he is still doing it within and ISO offence.
                                This
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X