Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post
    He's very clearly the 3rd best SG in the league after Harden and Butler. .
    might want to tap the brakes a little.

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

Primer wrote: View Post
      At least his bad shots early in the game involved driving to the basket where he usually gets the foul call. His late game shots were all terrible turnaround fade away jumpers from 18+ feet, shots he basically never makes. You could see the offense shift when Casey put Lowry and Derozan back in halfway through the 4th. Casey clearly wants a straight up iso Derozan or Lowry offense to end games, despite the fact it routinely causes us to blow leads and nearly lose (or sometimes lose). Casey is so weird, it's like he's doing well but then can't resist to shoot himself in the foot. Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Kramer was suing the Mr. Big heiress and had the case won, but at the end insisted she try on the bra which did not fit and he lost his case.
      I dunno... I saw things differently I guess.

Washington was making a run in the 4th Q. The team looked like the team that got pounded in the playoffs. Very little confidence. Players like Ross, JV, PPat looked a bit nervous to me. The lineup of Kyle, Cory, Demar, Demarre and Biz stopped the leaking with better defense and put the game away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by special1; Thu Dec 31, 2015, 04:52 PM.

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
          I dunno... I saw things differently I guess.

Washington was making a run in the 4th Q. The team looked like the team that got pounded in the playoffs. Very little confidence. Players like Ross, JV, PPat looked a bit nervous to me. The lineup of Kyle, Cory, Demar, Demarre and Biz stopped the leaking with better defense and put the game away.

You're seeing things then. Our defense at the end of the game wasn't better. Washington had 3 wide open 3 attempts to put the game into overtime, they just missed.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Went to the game last night. Holy smokes Demar came to play.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
              You're seeing things then. Our defense at the end of the game wasn't better. Washington had 3 wide open 3 attempts to put the game into overtime, they just missed.
              3 wide open 3 pt attempts? I saw the replay a few times and our defense was all over them.

The defense was good to end the game. Carroll even blocked the last 3 point attempt.... Maybe you're the one seeing things.

They contested every shot from what I can remember. I can't say the same with the other group as Dudley kept getting wide open looks and nailed at least one.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                3 wide open 3 pt attempts? I saw the replay a few times and our defense was all over them.

The defense was good to end the game. Carroll even blocked the last 3 point attempt.... Maybe you're the one seeing things.

They contested every shot from what I can remember. I can't say the same with the other group as Dudley kept getting wide open looks and nailed at least one.

http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/20116...ing/shotslogs/

His shot with 20 seconds on the clock had 6.8 feet of separation. That's pretty open.

Comment

His shot with 20 seconds on the clock had 6.8 feet of separation. That's pretty open.
                  You said 3 wide open 3 pt shots to end the game....

I saw guys playing hard defensively. I saw the Wiz forcing tough shots because our guys were all over them.

The Wiz were right there and couldn't score when it mattered. You made it sound like our defense had nothing to do with it.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                    might want to tap the brakes a little.
                    Stats wise he is very clearly the #3 SG in the league, like it's not even debatable. He's closer to being #2 in the league than #4 in the league.

Comment

Stats wise he is very clearly the #3 SG in the league, like it's not even debatable. He's closer to being #2 in the league than #4 in the league.
                      I have him 4th. I've still got Butler, Thompson and Harden ahead of him. I don't think he's 'clearly' better than any of those guys, if at all.

Comment

I have him 4th. I've still got Butler, Thompson and Harden ahead of him. I don't think he's 'clearly' better than any of those guys, if at all.
                        Stats wise, he is clearly better than Thompson and it's not even close.

Comment

in the lowry thread his shots with people from 8 feet are what you called not open and bad shots he has to stop taking

Comment

• Guys, guys, You guys forgot the golden rule of this thread that stats are only applicable when they work against Derozan.

Comment

Stats wise, he is clearly better than Thompson and it's not even close.
                              Yeah statistically DeRozan is better than Thompson at everything this year but 3PT shooting and scoring efficiency.

Beats him in PER, WS/48, WS, OWS, DWS, VORP, OBPM, DBPM, AST%, REB%, PPG.

Klay's netRTG (BREF) is a bit better (+7 vs +5) that's about it but considering he's not handling the usage DD is and also playing next to the best offensive player in the league on a nearly undefeated team, I don't think that's a huge deal.

I'd rank DD above Klay this season at least.

Comment

The thing with Harden is DD simply just can't match his offensive impact. And while he's on par with (or you could make the case that he's been more impactful than) Butler offensively, defensively there's literally a gulf between them so he's behind him also.

Comment

Working...
                                X