No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only "problem" with his play is that barring a significant drop-off, DeMar has made himself into arguably the 2nd best free agent in 2016.

Comment

• How times have changed.... And all it took was a change of his game.

Based on this season alone, I have to agree he is 3rd at best and 4th at worst.

Klay started year with bad back and slowed him down. Only last few weeks he has resembled his last year self. I'm honestly not sure who I would rank at that 3rd best. Klay is a better defender though. I'm copping out and calling a tie.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        How times have changed.... And all it took was a change of his game.

Based on this season alone, I have to agree he is 3rd at best and 4th at worst.

Klay started year with bad back and slowed him down. Only last few weeks he has resembled his last year self. I'm honestly not sure who I would rank at that 3rd best. Klay is a better defender though. I'm copping out and calling a tie.
        Ross > KLAY
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
          Yeah statistically DeRozan is better than Thompson at everything this year but 3PT shooting and scoring efficiency.

Beats him in PER, WS/48, WS, OWS, DWS, VORP, OBPM, DBPM, AST%, REB%, PPG.

Klay's netRTG (BREF) is a bit better (+7 vs +5) that's about it but considering he's not handling the usage DD is and also playing next to the best offensive player in the league on a nearly undefeated team, I don't think that's a huge deal.

I'd rank DD above Klay this season at least.
          You're right, I didn't completely realize how much Klay had fallen off this season. DeMar is probably equal or ahead this year.

The one small qualifier for me is that I think Klay's skillset fits in on more teams, because outside shooting is always useful. That part of DeMar's skillset I'm still not a huge fan of, mostly because building around him basically means you can't have any other wing players who aren't shooters. For example, how bad JJ/DeMar lineups are this year(especially when you add Biz to the mix).
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
            Guys, guys, You guys forgot the golden rule of this thread that stats are only applicable when they work against Derozan.
            Actually the golden rule is ORtg >110 and USG >25.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
              "Demar is literally the worst player in the NBA, *insert_scrub* would be better on this team"
              There are probably twenty players who aren't in the NBA anymore who have been given this distinction by Raps fans over the years. Gary Forbes and Antoine Wright come immediately to mind.

Looking back at some of the other guys that have been mentioned by Raps fan who wanted to replace DeMar, you begin to see that people tend to totally ignore their downside. Guys like OJ Mayo, Jamal Crawford, JR Smith, Lance Stephenson, Kevin Martin, Marcus Thornton, Dion Waiters.... The grass is always greener on the other side. Until you get there and realize you stepped in poop everywhere.

Comment

• SO MUCH WAYS TO DESCRIBE DEMAR DEROZANS AKA EXAMPLES SKILLS THAT YOU GET SLEEPY.

EXAMPLE GETS TO THE BASKET AS EASY AS A MAILMAN DELIVERS MAIL..
                RAIN OR SNOW, HAIL OR STORM DEMAR DELIVERS.

WHEN GUYS COMPETE AGAINST DEMAR THEY SEE DEMAR WITH A SMIRK ON HIS FACE WALKING AROUND THE COURT TAKING HIS TIME DEMAR DOES NOT RUSH

OPPONENTS THINKS
                "BFF, THIS DEMAR AIN'T SO GREAT, IMMA GUARD HIM EASY, HE NOT GETTING TO THE BASKET""
                48 MINUTES LATER
                DEMAR ATTEMPTS 15 FREETHROWS AND HITS 15 FREETHROWS STRAIGHT DUNKING ON CLOWNS

OPPONENT WONDERS, "HOW THE BLEEP DID THAT GUY DO DAT??? .
                THATS WHY HE CALLED EXAMPLE......

DEMAR AKA "EXAMPLE" SO SMOOTH HE LIKE WATER SLOWLY ROCKING BACK AND FORTH INSIDE THE SEA....

DEMAR AKA "THA KNOWN ONE", LOVED FROM ALL HIS PEERS AND PEOPLES
                BECAUSE THEY KNOW THE SMILING ASSASSIN, DOES NOT PLAY

DEMAR CAN AVERAGE 25POINTS(at least) 7 REBOUNDS, 7 ASSISTS, 1.2 STEALS....
                Tha Smiling Assassin DEMAR LEGIT LIKE KOBE!!!(just needs to get his three point shot)

WUT YUH KNOW BOUT DEMAR DEROZAN AKA EXAMPLE AKA KNOWN ONE AKA SMILING ASSASSIN
                DON'T LET THE SMILE FOOL YUH, HE A HEAT CHECKER OF KOBE QUALITY!!!

DEMAR CAN'T LEAVE THA GOOD(Toronto),
                DEMAR JUST SCRATCHING HIS GREATNESS, TRUE SEVEN(G) MAN

Last edited by CB4Champ; Sun Jan 3, 2016, 02:59 AM.

Comment

• "Smiling Assassin" wtf lol

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                    There are probably twenty players who aren't in the NBA anymore who have been given this distinction by Raps fans over the years. Gary Forbes and Antoine Wright come immediately to mind.

Looking back at some of the other guys that have been mentioned by Raps fan who wanted to replace DeMar, you begin to see that people tend to totally ignore their downside. Guys like OJ Mayo, Jamal Crawford, JR Smith, Lance Stephenson, Kevin Martin, Marcus Thornton, Dion Waiters.... The grass is always greener on the other side. Until you get there and realize you stepped in poop everywhere.
                    DeKilled it.

Comment

• Little perspective on what fans of other teams think DD is worth next year.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comment..._max_contract/

Comment

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
                        Little perspective on what fans of other teams think DD is worth next year.

A lot of mixed opinions. Somewhat echos my internal debate.

He'll get a max, maybe even from us, but the question is... Can DeMar be a max player on a championship contender? I don't know the answer to that. I personally lean towards his best case scenario is the third best player on a champion.
                        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
                          Little perspective on what fans of other teams think DD is worth next year.

I would sum it up like this:
                          1. Will he get the max? Yes.
                          2. Should he get the max?
                          a) In a world without maxes artificially capping the likes of Lebron and KD? No.
                          b) Should he get the max under this CBA, where guys like Kanter and Tristan Thompson get maxes or near-maxes? Yes.

It will take a boatload of guts from Masai not to max Demar and let him walk. Kind of like what SVG did in letting Monroe walk, but even more so given that Demar is likely a 2-time all-star by 2016. The issue, and I've been saying this for a while now, is that if you max DeMar, after already committing to JV and Ross, it's going to be really tricky to raise the ceiling of this team.

That's where you pray that the trade market loosens up and Masai can pull something off before we end up capped out and stuck.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            I would sum it up like this:
                            1. Will he get the max? Yes.
                            2. Should he get the max?
                            a) In a world without maxes artificially capping the likes of Lebron and KD? No.
                            b) Should he get the max under this CBA, where guys like Kanter and Tristan Thompson get maxes or near-maxes? Yes.

It will take a boatload of guts from Masai not to max Demar and let him walk. Kind of like what SVG did in letting Monroe walk, but even more so given that Demar is likely a 2-time all-star by 2016. The issue, and I've been saying this for a while now, is that if you max DeMar, after already committing to JV and Ross, it's going to be really tricky to raise the ceiling of this team.

That's where you pray that the trade market loosens up and Masai can pull something off before we end up capped out and stuck.
                            Monroe situation is a little different because he didn't want to return to the pistons. The year before his free agency he took the qualifying offer instead of signing a long-term deal so he would lose his restricted status. Less of guts from SVG and more of monroe recognizing detriot wasn't a good fir with drummond already there.

Comment

• DD's max from Toronto is 5 years / $144.6M (with a starting salary of $25.1M and an average of $28.9M).

Masai was able to resign JV to a reasonable $16M/year extension. With the cap going up, that's an amazing deal. He gave Lowry $12M/year contract when he was being chased by the likes of Houston, Miami and LA.

My point is that I don't think Masai is going to give him that $144M contract. If he's back (and for me its still up in the air), I suspect it will be a 4 year deal, with possibly a player option in that 4th year. And if anything his average deal will be about $25M, not $29M.

If I had to guess right now, I think Masai gives him a 4 year / $85M deal, with the last year a player option. His starting salary will be about $20M.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                DD's max from Toronto is 5 years / $144.6M (with a starting salary of $25.1M and an average of $28.9M).

Masai was able to resign JV to a reasonable $16M/year extension. With the cap going up, that's an amazing deal. He gave Lowry $12M/year contract when he was being chased by the likes of Houston, Miami and LA.

My point is that I don't think Masai is going to give him that $144M contract. If he's back (and for me its still up in the air), I suspect it will be a 4 year deal, with possibly a player option in that 4th year. And if anything his average deal will be about $25M, not $29M.

If I had to guess right now, I think Masai gives him a 4 year / $85M deal, with the last year a player option. His starting salary will be about $20M.
                                zero chance he agrees to that.

Comment

Working...
                                X