Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash wrote: View Post
    This is just negative tbh. Conference finals is not out of the question if we get our hands on the 2/3 seed... or perhaps even the #1 overall seed.

With 2 or 3 you're looking at probably getting inexperienced playoff teams like Boston, Detroit, Orlando, etc in the first round (not saying these are gimmes, just stating facts), and then the 2nd round matchup is probably very tough with it likely being Indiana, Miami or Chicago unless someone gets upset, but those teams aren't unbeatable.
    ALL those teams you listed could beat us
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
      To be fair, there is a chance we could beat any of those teams also.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
        To be fair, there is a chance we could beat any of those teams also.
        That was my point, it's not a foregone conclusion that we're going to lose in round 1 again..

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          Do you see that happening this year? I'm asking honestly. I have a hard time finding good first and second round playoff matchups for us, especially if Kyle's MVP form from November isn't coming back.
          The optimist in me says anything's possible.

I'm also optimistic that Kyle will be playing well when the playoffs start.

I prefer to stay positive. Let you guys worry about the negative outcomes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Really liking how Demar is playing recently!!!! I hope he keeps this up!! Making threes! Taking good shots!!! Playing Defense!!! Attacking the paint!!

Comment

• He was in god mode in the first half tonight, then went 0/8 in the second half and was basically invisible

Comment

• draps wrote: View Post
                He was in god mode in the first half tonight, then went 0/8 in the second half and was basically invisible
                I didn't watch the game, but looking at his shot chart it seems like he was still taking good shots in the 2nd half they just weren't falling. Can anyone who actually watched confirm/deny?

Hit 2 corner 3s though, woot! lol

Comment

• draps wrote: View Post
                  He was in god mode in the first half tonight, then went 0/8 in the second half and was basically invisible
                  Honestly, the bad shooting half didn't bother me as much as his lack of distribution tonight. In December one of the things that impressed me most about his game was he was getting others involved more. Tonight he wasn't doing that, and wasn't really looking for it. However, the first half he was on fire.

Even his 3s don't bother me as much when I look into it. This year he's a bad 3pt shooter above the break and from the right corner, but for some reason from the left corner he's actually slightly above league average. Would like to see him back to creating for others in the next game.
                  twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                    I didn't watch the game, but looking at his shot chart it seems like he was still taking good shots in the 2nd half they just weren't falling. Can anyone who actually watched confirm/deny?

Hit 2 corner 3s though, woot! lol
                    The only shot attempt that I didn't like was a floater in the 3rd that should've been a gimme, but he shot it short because it looked like he was waiting for contact to draw the foul. He could've easily hit the shot if he'd looked to just shoot it instead of wanting the foul.
                    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

The only shot attempt that I didn't like was a floater in the 3rd that should've been a gimme, but he shot it short because it looked like he was waiting for contact to draw the foul. He could've easily hit the shot if he'd looked to just shoot it instead of wanting the foul.
                      Ya that was a weird play on that push shot, and it actually happened twice in a row, where it looked like he was going to get bumped, but it just never came, and I think that really messed with his balance. But ya, on those, he needs to just go up and not necessarily always play for the contact.

Comment

Honestly, the bad shooting half didn't bother me as much as his lack of distribution tonight. In December one of the things that impressed me most about his game was he was getting others involved more. Tonight he wasn't doing that, and wasn't really looking for it. However, the first half he was on fire.

Even his 3s don't bother me as much when I look into it. This year he's a bad 3pt shooter above the break and from the right corner, but for some reason from the left corner he's actually slightly above league average. Would like to see him back to creating for others in the next game.
                        Just a general lack of contribution in other categories was kind of weird, and out of character for him this season. He definitely made some passes tonight, the shots just weren't falling on the other end of the pass; but agreed that there wasn't as much movement as we've become used to.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                          Sure they could, as evidenced by last years confidence coming into playing Washington - but we can also beat any of those teams, and I think the Raps need to start approaching games (and series) with the mindset that they can beat anybody.
                          You really don't get any sort of "killer instinct" feel from this team, except from maybe Kyle.
                          Last edited by Joey; Fri Jan 1, 2016, 11:59 PM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                            Sure they could, as evidenced by last year confidence coming into playing Washington, but we can also beat any of them, and I think that's the problem; the Raps need to start approaching games (and series) with the mindset that they can beat anybody. You really don't get any sort of "killer instinct" feel from this team, except from maybe Kyle.
                            The underdog attitude annoys me as well. It seems like we've gone into the last two playoffs with an "us against the world" mentality. I'd really like to see the opposite, let's go out there and stomp the crap out of the other team. We're not a small-town basketball club lol, like we're a bigger market, we have star players, we will probably have a better record than whoever we play in the first round, go out there and dominate.

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

Barolt wrote: View Post

If you watched the game you would've noticed that he found guys and they just didn't make shots.

I saw at least 2 or 3 passes from Demar to Ross for wide open 3s and he missed them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• DD shooting .462 from 3 in the last 5 games. On 2.6 attempts a game.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X