No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To all the questions about why JV came back for less... it was reported that he wanted to play for the NT this past summer, and the compromise was getting the extension done beforehand. Can't remember which of the beat guys tweeted it.

Lowry came back for less because Houston made him wait while they chased other guys, while Masai made him feel wanted and Billups had been in his ear about finding a home.

Make no mistake: even if he cools down somewhat, DeMar is going to get a full 5-year max. The cap bump is that big, and there will be that much money going around. Last summer was only a taste of the mania to come. We have absolutely no leverage unless DeMar completely shits the bed the rest of the year/playoffs, and if that happens no one will want him around anyway.

The only ounce of pull we might have is to promise him a max, since he knows he's getting one anywhere, and ask him to wait a couple days while we try to pull off some free agency magic. Sort of like San Antonio did by trading Splitter, asking Kawhi to wait, and then signing Lamarcus. Tricky but not impossible.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      DD shooting .462 from 3 in the last 5 games. On 2.6 attempts a game.
      I think it is very possible he can became a 40% 3 point shooter from the corner 3. Right now he is shooting 42% from the left corner and 22% from the right corner.

http://on.nba.com/1MV6UvS

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
        To all the questions about why JV came back for less... it was reported that he wanted to play for the NT this past summer, and the compromise was getting the extension done beforehand. Can't remember which of the beat guys tweeted it.

Lowry came back for less because Houston made him wait while they chased other guys, while Masai made him feel wanted and Billups had been in his ear about finding a home.

Make no mistake: even if he cools down somewhat, DeMar is going to get a full 5-year max. The cap bump is that big, and there will be that much money going around. Last summer was only a taste of the mania to come. We have absolutely no leverage unless DeMar completely shits the bed the rest of the year/playoffs, and if that happens no one will want him around anyway.

The only ounce of pull we might have is to promise him a max, since he knows he's getting one anywhere, and ask him to wait a couple days while we try to pull off some free agency magic. Sort of like San Antonio did by trading Splitter, asking Kawhi to wait, and then signing Lamarcus. Tricky but not impossible.
        Not that worried of demar signing with another team because I believe the long relationships he has had in toronto and with Masai, he would give toronto the opportunity to match any offer he receives from another team. I think lou did the same thing before he signed with the lakers and toronto decided to let him go.

Comment

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
          I think it is very possible he can became a 40% 3 point shooter from the corner 3. Right now he is shooting 42% from the left corner and 22% from the right corner.

http://on.nba.com/1MV6UvS
          He needs to get better from other spots too. 8% shooting from the right, yikes.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
            He needs to get better from other spots too. 8% shooting from the right, yikes.
            He should just not shot from there anymore. That's a much harder shot to develop for him then the corner 3.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• ^ What's he referring to there?

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                  ^ What's he referring to there?
                  My guess would be that he's referring to the Raptors Republic "Everything DeMar DeRozan" thread.

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

Everything DeMar DeRozan thread's stats(758 pages):

Jan 6th 2010 - Jan 1st 2015: 270 pages

Jan 1st 2015 - Jan 1st 2016: 488 pages.
                    Last edited by Joey; Sat Jan 2, 2016, 10:52 PM.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                      The underdog attitude annoys me as well. It seems like we've gone into the last two playoffs with an "us against the world" mentality. I'd really like to see the opposite, let's go out there and stomp the crap out of the other team. We're not a small-town basketball club lol, like we're a bigger market, we have star players, we will probably have a better record than whoever we play in the first round, go out there and dominate.
                      Instead of "We the North", it should be "We're going to North all over you"... I don't know what that means exactly, but it sounds more intimidating.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Kevin gates... Anyone?

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
                          Kevin gates... Anyone?

Comment

Not that worried of demar signing with another team because I believe the long relationships he has had in toronto and with Masai, he would give toronto the opportunity to match any offer he receives from another team. I think lou did the same thing before he signed with the lakers and toronto decided to let him go.
                            Oh I agree. I'm just saying that if we try to ask him to take a 4 year deal or basically anything less than the full max, after he's already been underpaid on his current deal.... He'll walk.

If he's your guy, you pay him. In next summer's market you don't haggle. You go after your guy. If he's not your guy, you let him walk.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              Oh I agree. I'm just saying that if we try to ask him to take a 4 year deal or basically anything less than the full max, after he's already been underpaid on his current deal.... He'll walk.

If he's your guy, you pay him. In next summer's market you don't haggle. You go after your guy. If he's not your guy, you let him walk.
                              I'd rather give him 5 years with a slightly lower annual salary then a full 4 year max. A 5 year contract will take him till his 32 age season which should still be in his prime.

No other team can offer him a 5th year so we will have more leverage in this situation.

Comment

I'd rather give him 5 years with a slightly lower annual salary then a full 4 year max. A 5 year contract will take him till his 32 age season which should still be in his prime.

No other team can offer him a 5th year so we will have more leverage in this situation.
                                Is the 5th year really that valuable? More likely it's an ETO so that he can get UFA again under the new cap. Since that will likely be his last money deal, age 31 sounds better than age 32.

It doesn't really matter what any of us prefer, it's what will DD accept. We have no real leverage except goodwill.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X