No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a feeling we keep him for a little less than the max. He's playing himself into a big contract but I bet he'll be flexible with MU.
    Just a feeling I have.
    If he walks, then fuck him... Ya know what im sayin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Thankfully the Lakers probably took themselves out of the running with their crazy signings last summer.
      Is this true? I'm hearing some anxiety about the LA option. He's certainly been a subject of acquisition speculation on LA comment boards - He's being encouraged to come home ... Yikes!

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        But that's exactly what the Spurs did repeatedly with Timmy D, Manu and Parker - offer less than the max. And the Heat with Wade. The question for DD is: does he want to really show his commitment to winning championships and leave some $$ on the table to give MU cap flexibility, or will he grab all he can get?

I mean, how much is enough? All these NBA stars pay lip service to "winning is all I care about", but when money talks... you know the rest. I'd actually be very surprised if DD signs for the max. He's a fringe elite player who has a love-hate relationship with the fanbase. If he took the max, he'd be setting himself up to be the most criticized athlete in the city/country. My guess would be he signs for 80-90% of the max, or whatever the % of max JV and Lowry signed for.
        Spurs and Miami have the added advantage of no state income tax, so leaving money on the table still works out in their favour vs signing with most other teams.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          Are we that close to taking a leap forward? I'm not sure we are. The last two years we've been a playoff team that isn't a favorite to make it far in the playoffs. That's where we'll be this year.

Noone's going to favor us to go to the Finals, let alone win a championship this year, and the current roster I don't see suddenly becoming that team.
          No one will favour us for a championship finals appearance because of the Cavs. They're stupidly deep. But I think LeBron, and their owner, feel they have to be prepared for injury troubles. So we'll see ...

Anyway, I've heard a number of NBA pundits pick us as a serious conference finals contender. It only takes JV being fully integrated into our offense, I think, and DeMarre making a significant contribution. Never mind what Ross can do if he figures it out and contributes consistently. It's Ross that made Williams redundant, let's not forget ...the offense and some defense ...

And we can certainly add another big piece, one way or another - we've got the assets. But I think locking Demar up makes it that much easier ...

Jesus, what a summer this might be ...
          Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Sun Jan 3, 2016, 04:48 PM.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            Spurs and Miami have the added advantage of no state income tax, so leaving money on the table still works out in their favour vs signing with most other teams.
            Not sure, but I vaguely recall one of our posters who was an accountant debunking the no state tax advantage as a major factor. Or maybe that was the double-taxation issue. Memory loss here....

Even so, I think that the Raptors have a huge advantage for players wrt endorsement deals to a whole country as a market, and there's no cap on that. Just my opinion, but I doubt that Lowry would be getting the same kind of deals that he's getting here in Canada - he's just not that kind of glamour guy, but he's "the man" up here. Derozan is the same type of low-key, non-flashy type of guy. And the Canadian market for endorsements is just starting to heat up, with mainstream banks beginning to get on the bandwagon.
            Last edited by golden; Sun Jan 3, 2016, 04:37 PM.

Comment

• I don't think the cavs are unbeatable but we'd still need a significant talent injection at the 4 spot to take them

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                I don't think the cavs are unbeatable but we'd still need a significant talent injection at the 4 spot to take them

On the bright side, Lebron is getting older, while we still have young guys getting better like JV, Bruno, Bebe, BB, Powell and Wright.

Comment

I don't think the cavs are unbeatable but we'd still need a significant talent injection at the 4 spot to take them

The Cavs have the best player in the world, and Kyrie and Love might be as good as anyone on our roster. I can't see them losing to us in a series assuming they're healthy. And everyone's bringing up the idea they might not be healthy, but what if we aren't?
                  twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Did you even read my post? Did I say we can beat the cavs? I said we'd need a significant talent injection at the 4 spot. At present we maybe win one game if they're healthy. My point was that they don't look as invincible as the spurs and warriors do out west.

And I don't really believe in being a pessimist about my favorite sports teams otherwise there's no point in watching really.

Comment

Did you even read my post? Did I say we can beat the cavs? I said we'd need a significant talent injection at the 4 spot. At present we maybe win one game if they're healthy. My point was that they don't look as invincible as the spurs and warriors do out west.

And I don't really believe in being a pessimist about my favorite sports teams otherwise there's no point in watching really.

This offseason

1. Resign Demar

2. Trade Carroll, NYK pick, & one of the youngs (Bruno,bebe,wright or powell) for Derrick Favours + salary fillers (or someone with similar talent as him)

3. Sign Durant

Lowry-Demar-Durant-Favours-JV
                      Co-Jo-Ross-Pick-LS-BB?
                      Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                        Not sure, but I vaguely recall one of our posters who was an accountant debunking the no state tax advantage as a major factor. Or maybe that was the double-taxation issue. Memory loss here....

Even so, I think that the Raptors have a huge advantage for players wrt endorsement deals to a whole country as a market, and there's no cap on that. Just my opinion, but I doubt that Lowry would be getting the same kind of deals that he's getting here in Canada - he's just not that kind of glamour guy, but he's "the man" up here. Derozan is the same type of low-key, non-flashy type of guy. And the Canadian market for endorsements is just starting to heat up, with mainstream banks beginning to get on the bandwagon.
                        99% sure that is the double tax that was debunked. Paying zero state income tax is definitely an advantage to the pockets. Texas and Florida have an advantage over all other states and Canada (while Canada would be equal to most states).
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                          This offseason

1. Resign Demar

2. Trade Carroll, NYK pick, & one of the youngs (Bruno,bebe,wright or powell) for Derrick Favours + salary fillers (or someone with similar talent as him)

3. Sign Durant

Lowry-Demar-Durant-Favours-JV
                          Co-Jo-Ross-Pick-LS-BB?
                          You are aware there is such a thing as a "salary cap" and that we have to operate within its rules, yes?
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            You are aware there is such a thing as a "salary cap" and that we have to operate within its rules, yes?
                            I am, so we get both KD and DD to sign for 10m a piece
                            Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Meanwhile, in the real world...
                              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

We might as well sign Horford for minimum while we're at it, and trade DD for Lebron and tell Jordan to come out of retirement and play for us.

Lowry, Lebron, KD, Horford, JV, with Jordan as the sixthman.

Comment

Working...
                                X