Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    LOL, true. I'm pretty sure it's the same on the Lakers forums too.

His decision will be interesting for sure. One of the biggest markets in the NBA comes knocing on your door and wants to make you one of the fases of their franchise....yeeesh. Happy he's played himself into a position of power like that. Good guy, and deserves to have the control over his career.
    I've always thought that DD was the type of player raptors fans deserve but, never wanted.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      I've always thought that DD was the type of player raptors fans deserve but, never wanted.
      Really hard to tell if that's a good thing, since I've heard you complain about the fans numerous times over the years.

I thought the potential Demar had in the beginning was the type of player we deserved (the best) but something went wrong along the way. Like a blind date who shows up and doesn't match the picture, you can get over it, but still concerning.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• If Kobe is involved in the pitch to DD in anyway. Were in trouble. Imagine the guy you grew up idolizing is asking you to take over for him.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
          The thing is we don't know what DD wants. Money, rings, fame? He has a better chance here to go deeper in the Playoffs and potentially the Finals in the future, but he'll have more fame and money in LA.
          I dunno about that.

L.A. is building around a lot of really high draft picks and are known for spending any amount of money to bring in the premiere players of the league. I expect them to be in title contention within 3-4 years. With Toronto...well we aren't known for spending the big bucks or bringing in the top notch players. Sad, but what you see right now might be about as good as this team gets. Not that I'm complaining about a 50 win team after how many years of being sub .500

Comment

• If Lakers win the Lottery and sign DD. They already a way better team than this year.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
              The thing is we don't know what DD wants. Money, rings, fame? He has a better chance here to go deeper in the Playoffs and potentially the Finals in the future, but he'll have more fame and money in LA.
              Think about this. Kobe goes and pitches to DD and Horford, brings them in.

Now LA's starting 5 is Russell, DD, Clarkson, Randle, Horford. That's a team that competes fairly soon.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

This is DeMar, not Ross. I think DD has thicker skin about what the haters have to say and won't let the background noise bother him.

And fans are the same everywhere you go. You're going to have those that love a player and can't find anything wrong with them and others whom you can't make happy no matter what you do. It's human nature bro.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post

Now LA's starting 5 is Russell, DD, Clarkson, Randle, Horford. That's a team that competes fairly soon.
                  Hibbert's, Bass and Lou off the bench, yeeesh.

Comment

Not with Byron Scott coaching

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                      Not with Byron Scott coaching
                      Does anyone really believe that Byron Scott is coaching that team next year? His job this year is to manage the tank.

Comment

Lou did drop 30 yesterday.

Comment

Plus a high lottery pick this year. Imagine they get Simmons too?

Comment

Plus a high lottery pick this year. Imagine they get Simmons too?
                            They only keep the pick if it's top 3 but I think there are only 3 other teams that might debatably be worse (one not so debatably): Sixers, Nets and Suns.
                            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

If Kobe is involved in the pitch to DD in anyway. Were in trouble. Imagine the guy you grew up idolizing is asking you to take over for him.
                              This is the only thing that scares me. Kobe was/is my favourite player. If the Lakers make Demar their free agent priority....we may be in trouble.

However, I think they will push hard for KD.

It must be a lot of pressure to play for your home team. If you struggle, you have nowhere to go....Demar does seem like the type of player that would embrace that pressure.

That being said, I think Demar likes what he has here. He's the go-to guy on a top 3-4 team in the East for the last few years. We can pay him more than anyone else. We have picks, assets and a young core. That's hard to walk away from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Does anyone really believe that Byron Scott is coaching that team next year? His job this year is to manage the tank.
                                Casey probably does

Comment

Working...
                                X