Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    I don't think he should even give it that much. Focus on his game, let the rest take care of itself. What could he possibly hope to accomplish by tweeting at media guys?
    Kyle Lowry Verified account
    ‏@Klow7

Do the research before you speak... Lol

Tim and Sid basically said they should be traded and are the modern day version of Rudy Gay... I don't think a moderate response to that on social media is unwarranted.

Comment

• Tim & Sid are idiots. I have no problem with them being called out for being idiots.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        Tim & Sid are idiots. I have no problem with them being called out for being idiots.
        they probably don't either.

they are entertainers.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
          Kyle Lowry Verified account
          ‏@Klow7

Do the research before you speak... Lol

Tim and Sid basically said they should be traded and are the modern day version of Rudy Gay... I don't think a moderate response to that on social media is unwarranted.
          I don't think either of them is Rudy Gay, but to whether they should be traded, I've wondered about that myself. I don't think it's a crazy notion if you think we've gone as far as we're going to on a core built around them.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

I don't think either of them is Rudy Gay, but to whether they should be traded, I've wondered about that myself. I don't think it's a crazy notion if you think we've gone as far as we're going to on a core built around them.
            That's not really the point. A player should have a right to be annoyed when a major media outlet is talking about them needing to be traded or let go... when they want to be there.

So to answer your question of should we be concerned? With regards to this? Fuck no.

Let's talk basketball, a quick quip on twitter just really doesn't mean anything.

Comment

• Please lets not start another tank debate
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• If they were simply alluding to the fact that like Gay, DeRozan and Lowry have complete freedom to do whatever they want on offense while slacking on defense, without any accountability or repercussions, in a manner that seems to be 'special' treatment when compared to their teammates, what exactly is wrong with their assessment?

Having said that, there's no doubt that they've been playing far better than Gay did while in Toronto. They've both done a good job for the most part of involving their teammates (excluding 4th quarters), with far less hero-ball than we saw last season. Lowry's ability to effectively play off the ball with Joseph, and DeRozan's recent surge in 3pt success (and his season-long reduction of forced long 2's) have definitely been positive signs.

In defense of DeRozan and Lowry, if there is any semblance to 'Rudy ball', I heap most of the blame on Casey. They have to go out and do what is expected of them, and they have no control over the way the coach manages the roster.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  Please lets not start another tank debate
                  Please stop baiting. Nobody even remotely suggested tanking.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                    Please stop baiting. Nobody even remotely suggested tanking.
                    When you trade our to best players there isn't much else to do.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

How do you know what the return would be in this fantasy-land trade suggestion?

If you want to discuss the pros/cons of trading a particular player (DeRozan in this thread) that's fine, but framing it so that any poster suggesting a DeRozan trade is automatically endorsing tanking, reeks of baiting even if that wasn't your intent.

Comment

Unless the pieces you get back fit better.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          If they were simply alluding to the fact that like Gay, DeRozan and Lowry have complete freedom to do whatever they want on offense while slacking on defense, without any accountability or repercussions, in a manner that seems to be 'special' treatment when compared to their teammates, what exactly is wrong with their assessment?

Having said that, there's no doubt that they've been playing far better than Gay did while in Toronto. They've both done a good job for the most part of involving their teammates (excluding 4th quarters), with far less hero-ball than we saw last season. Lowry's ability to effectively play off the ball with Joseph, and DeRozan's recent surge in 3pt success (and his season-long reduction of forced long 2's) have definitely been positive signs.

In defense of DeRozan and Lowry, if there is any semblance to 'Rudy ball', I heap most of the blame on Casey. They have to go out and do what is expected of them, and they have no control over the way the coach manages the roster.
                          I can agree that it's mostly Casey's fault. There's an ocean of difference between what Casey says and what Casey does. For instance:

Casey said in December: We need to keep an eye on Lowry's minutes.
                          Since December: Lowry averaging 36.5 MPG.

He talks about accountability for defensive play, and generally, guys are held accountable. As long as we're not talking about DeMar or Kyle.
                          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• What they said at the end was great:

Lowry and DD need to figure out if they want to be winners.

Lowry has shown to be emotionally selfish - his acting out has hurt the team.

DD has made great improvements this season but has shown he still wants to go hero in crunch time.

Anyways...no one can get too fired up. They are 1 game over .500 since starting 5-0.....I know, I know, injuries.....

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                              they probably don't either.

they are entertainers.
                              Which is why the best basketball minds reside here. No clickbait, corporate or sales pressure
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I can agree that it's mostly Casey's fault. There's an ocean of difference between what Casey says and what Casey does. For instance:

Casey said in December: We need to keep an eye on Lowry's minutes.
                                Since December: Lowry averaging 36.5 MPG.

He talks about accountability for defensive play, and generally, guys are held accountable. As long as we're not talking about DeMar or Kyle.
                                Casey says and Casey does are rarely the same. But let's keep "pounding the rock"
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X