No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second round All Star results are posted on the All Star Thread - DeRozan and Lowry doing quite well

Comment

• “We feel like we have a good shot at keeping him,” Ujiri said, per a transcription fromAlex Sexeiro of Fan 590. “DeMar knows how much we love him.”

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2016/...olls-timeline/
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
        Could this be affected by the systems employed? I haven't really looked at GSW's defence, so I'm curious. One thing I have noticed, is that the Raps seem comfortable packing the paint, and are susceptible to that cross court pass for a 3. You have no idea how many times I've sworn on Demar for "cheating" in the paint, while he was guarding a 3pt shooter on the weakside. Even if he closed out well, one or two more passes usually resulted in a clean look. I'm not sure if this is a Demar thing, or a Raps thing, but it bugs me. I just don't see the value of weakside defenders cheating towards the paint. Does it really deter penetration?
        It definitely could be. DFG% isn't a catch-all stat either, it doesn't account for blow-bys and the like. However, of our perimeter defenders, only JJ and DeMar give up greater than +1% above season average, so it's hard to argue it's a systemic issue.(Lowry is at -5%, Ross at -7%)
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/202691/tracking/defense/

Defensive FG%-wise, Klay is better than DeMar. Defending three pointers, which is the most 'on-an-island' perimeter defenders get, is where DeMar struggles most, giving up +7% over guys' season averages. At this same distance, Klay gives up -7% against season average. There's a 14% difference between what guys shoot on 3s guarded by Klay vs. DeMar.
          You can't measure who a better defender is with a basic statistic like that. There are so many other factors involved. Especially when you're comparing opponent 3PT% between Klay who plays on one of the best 3PT defenses in the league and DeRozan who plays on one of the worst.

Can't just cherrypick statistics like that, and as others pointed out, by this measure guys like Butler are "bad defenders" so clearly it makes no sense whatsoever.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
            You can't measure who a better defender is with a basic statistic like that. There are so many other factors involved. Especially when you're comparing opponent 3PT% between Klay who plays on one of the best 3PT defenses in the league and DeRozan who plays on one of the worst.

Can't just cherrypick statistics like that, and as others pointed out, by this measure guys like Butler are "bad defenders" so clearly it makes no sense whatsoever.
            The thing is, Klay's the best 3pt defender on one of the best 3pt defenses, and DeMar is the worst 3pt defender on one of the worst 3pt defenses.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              “We feel like we have a good shot at keeping him,” Ujiri said, per a transcription fromAlex Sexeiro of Fan 590. “DeMar knows how much we love him.”

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2016/...olls-timeline/
              Any doubt MU is going to pay him? We can beat hope for 'hometown discount ' .

Comment

• Well, this thread has slowed down considerably.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                  Well, this thread has slowed down considerably.
                  Shhhh ... you'll wake them ...

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                    Well, this thread has slowed down considerably.
                    Playing consistently well will do that.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      Playing consistently well will do that.
                      Yup, apparently. I think the forums interestingly slow down when the team is playing better as well. At least we've still got the contract to talk about.

Comment

• Here's a nice little article on how DeMar remains such a great offensive player without a 3 point shot.

https://thecauldron.si.com/meet-dema...785#.8q6pisvh2

Really highlights how he's top 3 in the league in things like post up efficiency for guards, distance travelled on offence and drawing fouls.

Comment

• Also the hottest debate was about if Masai was going to resign DD but, that debate is as good as dead now.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I've brought up his distance-covered numbers before, in defense of his off-ball game, but it's probably worth further discussion.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                              Here's a nice little article on how DeMar remains such a great offensive player without a 3 point shot.

Really highlights how he's top 3 in the league in things like post up efficiency for guards, distance travelled on offence and drawing fouls.
                              Nice article. He really is doing so much better this year. I love that he's increased his drives by like 50%.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                                Here's a nice little article on how DeMar remains such a great offensive player without a 3 point shot.

Interesting article. I'm curious though, the point they bring up about defenses guarding him at the 3pt line offball, that seems like a new twist that Cleveland and Brooklyn threw at us, which is to ball deny DeMar. Cleveland had a lot of success with that as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X