• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash wrote: View Post

This one is real btw lol
    If we play the Wizards in the Playoffs and he does that, I'll be impressed

Comment

• "That’s one you thing you can never question: my loyalty to the city," DeRozan said. "How much I really love and appreciate the team and the organization. I think all the fans understand that. A lot of times they don’t understand how contracts or things like that. But I’ve always stressed that this is where I want to be my whole career."
      DeMar is exactly the kind of star who embodies the intangibles that make up strong character.

Comment

• Now if he would just pass to JV I would be a Raptor fan at peace.

Comment

• “A new contract is what DeMar is going for and we feel we have a good shot,” Raptors GM Masai Ujiri said Thursday evening on Prime Time Sports. “This is his team, this is a team that he knows very well, loves the city, is well-loved here, and we can offer him a year extra. There are so many things, so we feel comfortable.” 7 hours ago – via SportsNet
          Interesting...
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            Interesting...
            Yeah, I fully expect a 5th year added on. Question is the value...
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
              hopefully not much longer and this guy leaves.

Cannot wait for the day.....
              Says the guy who I believe said would find another team to follow if DeMar were re-signed...

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                The way everyone's talking right now, it's really starting to sound like the full max. I'm not really a fan, but if we replace Casey with a coach who actually has an offensive system, I could be sold on it.
                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• If DeRozan can play within the team and limit the 20-ish foot jumpers I'm ok with him back.

I have a better appreciation for his game after seeing him live this year.

He really has come a long way.

I didn't think he had it in him.

....just make the simple play except when there is no other choice, DeMar.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                    The way everyone's talking right now, it's really starting to sound like the full max. I'm not really a fan, but if we replace Casey with a coach who actually has an offensive system, I could be sold on it.
                    Maybe it's wishful thinking but the feeling I get, and have always gotten from both Masai and DeMar, is more than fair without being exorbitant, and flatness also comes to mind. JV re-upped for less than Kanter. DeMar took a flat contract with bonuses last time around. Lowry got a flat deal, as I recall. Masai likes keeping his guys, and while that comes with a premium, that attitidude/culture - that fairness and positive vibe - also comes with a bit of a discount at the top end.

Before DeMar's continued emergence this season, I hoped he might look at the nice, round number 20. Now I think that number should be hoped at 25.

5 years, 125 mill. That number feels, I don't know, very DeMar, very Masai to me.

Comment

Yeah, no question in my mind we bring him back on a 5 year deal, most likely a player option in year 5. Anything below the max other teams can offer would be amazing. I expect Masai to have him locked up right when free agency begins. No reason for DD to not immediately sign a deal if he likes the terms given how outspoken he's been about wanting to play his entire career in Toronto.

Comment

• Man I hope he keeps playing the way he has. It's still a small sample size but it really looks like he's understanding the game better. He's making quicker and smarter decisions with the ball, being super efficient with his shot as well as when he facilitates which I think has quietly become one of the best parts of his game.
                        I seriously didn't think after last season that DeMar could reach a higher ceiling but it looks like he has.
                        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                          Maybe it's wishful thinking but the feeling I get, and have always gotten from both Masai and DeMar, is more than fair without being exorbitant, and flatness also comes to mind. JV re-upped for less than Kanter. DeMar took a flat contract with bonuses last time around. Lowry got a flat deal, as I recall. Masai likes keeping his guys, and while that comes with a premium, that attitidude/culture - that fairness and positive vibe - also comes with a bit of a discount at the top end.

Before DeMar's continued emergence this season, I hoped he might look at the nice, round number 20. Now I think that number should be hoped at 25.

5 years, 125 mill. That number feels, I don't know, very DeMar, very Masai to me.
                          Well, if it is going to be flat, 25M per year is the max he can get. He can only get up higher with annual raises built in.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Well, if it is going to be flat, 25M per year is the max he can get. He can only get up higher with annual raises built in.
                            I honestly think that might be the deal he ends up signing though.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                              I honestly think that might be the deal he ends up signing though.
                              I'd be fine with that, being honest. Might be a slight overpay in year one if he drops off at all(which happens to a LOT of players after contract years), but with the cap looking to rise a lot in the next few seasons, might even be a steal in the last few years if his decision making continues to improve.(and, in my opinion, if we get a coach that will hold him and Lowry accountable for their bad offensive possessions)
                              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                                Says the guy who I believe said would find another team to follow if DeMar were re-signed...
                                I may have to.

Justwatching his games makes me want to stab myself in the eye with a hot sauldering iron.

Comment

Working...
                                X