Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooch wrote: View Post
    I may have to.

Justwatching his games makes me want to stab myself in the eye with a hot sauldering iron.
    Can I ask why? Like DeRozan is playing well, at a legitimate star level even. At this point it sounds like you just irrationally hate him lol.

DD playing well = good for the Raptors... idk how as a fan one would be upset about that.

Comment

• I say he signs a 115 for 5 years
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
        I may have to.

Justwatching his games makes me want to stab myself in the eye with a hot sauldering iron.
        You are just completely irrational on this subject

Comment

• With what DD said in the last couple days, do you guys think there is a chance he would sign a 5yr/100M$ contract, so we could afford other players? That's still big money, isn't it?

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
            Can I ask why? Like DeRozan is playing well, at a legitimate star level even. At this point it sounds like you just irrationally hate him lol.

DD playing well = good for the Raptors... idk how as a fan one would be upset about that.
            Some people are a bigger fan of being right than a fan of the team.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
              With what DD said in the last couple days, do you guys think there is a chance he would sign a 5yr/100M$ contract, so we could afford other players? That's still big money, isn't it?
              I don't think there's any chance that Masai puts a contract that low on the table, for fear of another team coming over the top with a much, much bigger contract.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                I say he signs a 115 for 5 years
                That would be pretty good, but I doubt it (offers from other teams are likely to be in the 4/107 range, another 8M in the 5th year would be quite a discount).

Probably need to go 5/125 at minimum to compete with 4/107. Maybe if structured like this: 25M, 27M, 26M, 24M, 22M (PO). I think I'd actually be happy with that deal. Gives him essentially a 4/102 deal (so a 5M hit, to make it essentially a 25M flat deal for 4 years) then an opt out on that 22M year.

Obviously the hope is lower but...
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post

thats not what I said. I hate watching him play, wasnt a fan of Boshs style of play either.

So sue me, demar is a boring ass basketball player to watch.

The only time I get out of my seat when watching Demar play is to yell at him for doing something stupid.m Which thankfully after 7 years of pulling my hair out is happening at a much lower rate now, still to much, but at least it doesnt make me turn off the tv nearly as often....well at least not for that reason.

I can love the team, I do love the team, doesnt mean i have to jerk off over demar.

Comment

• There's also the argument for maximizing 2017 cap room, which means you could offer something like this (assuming 5/125):

24M, 22.5M, 24M, 26M, 28M (PO).

Incentivizes him opting into that player option, but still guarantees him security plus the 4/97 on the first 4 years in case he does opt out.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      There's also the argument for maximizing 2017 cap room, which means you could offer something like this (assuming 5/125):

24M, 22.5M, 24M, 26M, 28M (PO).

Incentivizes him opting into that player option, but still guarantees him security plus the 4/97 on the first 4 years in case he does opt out.
                      are non-monotonic contracts allowed?

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                        are non-monotonic contracts allowed?
                        Meaning what exactly? Differing raises, etc, from year to year? Yeah, just look at PPat's contract. 5.8M, 6.3M, 6.1M.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Meaning what exactly? Differing raises, etc, from year to year? Yeah, just look at PPat's contract. 5.8M, 6.3M, 6.1M.
                          What's the limitation on that? Is there a max raise/decrease from year to year?

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                            What's the limitation on that? Is there a max raise/decrease from year to year?
                            Maximum raises/decreases are based on the salary of the first year of the contract, and are dependent on whether you have Bird Rights or not for the player - we have DD's Bird Rights, so we can offer a max raise worth 7.5% of the first year salary of any new deal we sign him to. For example, a 25M starting salary means a max raise (or decrease) of 1.875M. So long as every year of the deal is within 1.875M of the one before it, in either direction, the deal is legal (from a raises limit standpoint).

For non-Bird free agents (like DD is to any other team), the limit is 4.5%. Or 1.125M on a 25M starting salary.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• SIX HATERS

DEMAR A TRUE BROTHA, DEMAR DOE'S NOT PLAY!

DEMAR GETS TO THE BASKET AS EASY AS PHIL KESSEL GLIDES ON ICE.. SO EFORTLESSLY,

NONE CAN STOP DEMAR AKA EXAMPLE FROM GETTING TO THE BASKET
                              NOT EVEN THA BROTHA CALLED AVALANCHE

EXAMPLE GOT THE POST UP GAME AS GOOD AS MICHAEL JORDAN AND KOBE BRYANT!!!
                              POST UP GAME OF THA EMPERORS!!!

EXAMPLE CAN PASS AS GOOD AS MOST POINT GUARDS

DEMAR "THA EXAMPLE" DEROZAN LOVES THE CHALLENGE OF REPPING AGAINST THE GREATEST OF THE ASSOCIATION.

DEMAR THA EXAMPLE DEROZAN HAS THE BEST TEAMMATES OF ALL THE SQUADS,
                              NONE BETTER THEN AVALANCHE

EXAMPLE(Demar) AND AVALANCHE(James) HONED THEIR SKILLS CHALLENGING ONE ANOTHER 1 ON 1 GETTING BETTER

DEMAR LEARNED FROM THA AVALANCHE TO BECOME A DRIBBLING KING TO REACH THE NEXT LEVEL OF BALL

AND DEMAR ALSO LEARNED TO HIT THEM THREE SHOTS TO REACH THE LEVEL OF EMPEROR OF BASKETBALL

WHEN DEMAR ASKED JAMES WHY HE CAN'T SHOOT, JAMES SMILED, TOOK A BALL, SHOT AT THE NET ONE HAND..

"I JUST LIKE TO DRIVE ON KLAFFY CLOWNS!!!" SAID JAMES JOHNSON.
                              STRAIGHT DUNKING ON CLOWNS!!!

THEM BROTHAS FROM THA GOOD LOYAL TO ONE ANOTHER REPPING THE SEVEN TIL CHRIST COMES

DON'T TALK ABOUT TRADING NONE OF THEM, FIRE THE COACH DWAYNE CASEY,
                              THAT RAPTOR SQUAD LOYAL TO TORONTO

LOYAL
                              https://soundcloud.com/rapzilla/5-loyal-ft-milliyon
                              Tha Cool Christian Brotha Inside The Video Posted Earlier, Not Me, One Love Brotha.

Blessings
                              Last edited by CB4Champ; Sat Jan 9, 2016, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Maximum raises/decreases are based on the salary of the first year of the contract, and are dependent on whether you have Bird Rights or not for the player - we have DD's Bird Rights, so we can offer a max raise worth 7.5% of the first year salary of any new deal we sign him to. For example, a 25M starting salary means a max raise (or decrease) of 1.875M. So long as every year of the deal is within 1.875M of the one before it, in either direction, the deal is legal (from a raises limit standpoint).

For non-Bird free agents (like DD is to any other team), the limit is 4.5%. Or 1.125M on a 25M starting salary.
                                Thanks for that, interesting info. Obviously, the exception being a sign-and-trade in which the other team also gets the bird rights. A lot of Raptors fans hate this idea, but personally I think if in June/July DeMar makes it clear to Masai he's leaving, I'd rather get something than nothing in return.

Comment

Working...
                                X