Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
    The easy decision is to make changes if we lose in the first round.
    The harder one is what to do if we lose in the second round.
    Same changes, fire Casey, then move on from there.

Comment

• I have officially reached acceptance that DeRozan is a max player
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
        I have officially reached acceptance that DeRozan is a max player
        Pretty wild eh?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          Pretty wild eh?
          the wild thing is I kept doubting him and every year he gets better...and I have no reason to believe that it wont continue for another 3 or 4 years.
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• If he gets that 3pt shot to between 30 and 35% he will be among the best in the league

Comment

If he gets that 3pt shot to between 30 and 35% he will be among the best in the league
              Would need to be closer to 35% (i.e. around league average), he's already been in that range before (30.5% in 2013-14).

I just wouldn't want him to fall in love with it, just have it as a weapon so it's tougher for defenses to key in on your drive-game.

It would be unprecedented for DeRozan to become that good of a three point shooter (with his current 50-50 corner/above the break distribution). Can't think of anyone who made that kind of improvement to their shooting that late in their career. However he's already broken precedent with this season he's having, so I guess anything is possible.

Comment

• Jason Kidd developed a killer 3 ball later in his career. He went from atrocious to damn near 40% or over the year he won the championship

Comment

I have officially reached acceptance that DeRozan is a max player
                  Still skeptical about re-signing him for max, but I wouldn't mind a discount. If this was at the beginning of the season, I would have said "Hell no" to re-signing him for anything.

Comment

If he gets that 3pt shot to between 30 and 35% he will be among the best in the league
                    If he can have a respectable 3 ball, I'm okay with re-signing him. Thats really the only reason I am skeptical about re-signing him, him not being able to shoot the 3, he is getting better though. Yes I value 3 pointers and spacing a lot, especially when you're a guard.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                      Still skeptical about re-signing him for max, but I wouldn't mind a discount. If this was at the beginning of the season, I would have said "Hell no" to re-signing him for anything.
                      agreed...and I think I did say something like that

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                        If he can have a respectable 3 ball, I'm okay with re-signing him. Thats really the only reason I am skeptical about re-signing him, him not being able to shoot the 3, he is getting better though. Yes I value 3 pointers and spacing a lot, especially when you're a guard.
                        It's okay if he never develops a 3, but that require improvements in efficiency, rebounding, defense and passing.

If he never gets that 3 ball, you just need make sure your PF, and most of your bench shoots around 40% from 3

Comment

• Still not comfortable with the max for a player who is below average on defense.

Sometimes he is even a liability

Comment

Jason Kidd developed a killer 3 ball later in his career. He went from atrocious to damn near 40% or over the year he won the championship
                            No Kidd went from mediocre to very good. It's not the same.

Kidd only had 2 sub-30% years (his rookie season and 2000-01). He shot 34% from 3 (1.6 makes) and 37% from 3 in his 2nd and 3rd seasons. He was always a passable three-point shooter, he just started to get even better at it after 30, most likely to allow himself to lessen his role on offense and avoid high-impact plays.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                              Still not comfortable with the max for a player who is below average on defense.

Sometimes he is even a liability
                              DeRozan's average defensively, and he's not a liability on that end of the floor.

Grasping at straws like I said before. And offense gets paid more than defense in the NBA.

I suppose Houston, Portland and L.A. should've just told Harden, Lillard and Griffin to bugger off then when they were due to be paid.
                              Last edited by JWash; Tue Jan 12, 2016, 12:26 AM.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                                DeRozan's average defensively, and he's not a liability on that end of the floor.

Grasping at straws like I said before. And offense gets paid more than defense in the NBA.

I suppose Houston, Portland and L.A. should've just told Harden, Lillard and Griffin to bugger off then when they were due to be paid.
                                Harden and Griffin are superstar caliber players, Lillard is definitely up there as a star player, DD not so much.

Comment

Working...
                                X