No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like I said in another thread, the Raptors need to hustle for that 2 seed. Idc what anyone says about seeds not mattering... matchups and HC advantage are statistically and historically crucial in the playoffs.

Big difference between playing inexperienced teams with HC advantage in a 2-7 matchup, as opposed to going against an Indiana or Chicago with (or even without) homecourt. Especially this year when there appears to be a clearcut tier 2 after Cleveland consisting of Chicago, Toronto, Miami, Indiana and Atlanta... I'd rather avoid that group till the second round and the only way to do that is to get the #2 seed.

Comment

• http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...n-Max-Contract

Terrence Ross? Succession? LOL

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
        Ross wouldn't be able to 'replace' DeMar in terms of usage, but if we went to a ball movement based system built around JV, Ross could definitely be a servicable starting SG.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
          DD isn't going to the Lakers if he wants to win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
            [Insert Player] isn't going to the Lakers if he wants to win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Fixed that for you.

Does anyone not remember their original pitch to Aldridge?
            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Going to be pretty damn disappointed if DD leaves for nothing.

If he is really going to stand behind his loyal comments, he should ensure some sort of sign and trade is done.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                As for whether you need a top offensive option to be a top defender to get the max, er, obviously not. Most max contracts in history have been given to offensive players who ranged from completely useless to very good defensively, with a pretty even distribution. Defence is cheap in this league.
                With advanced metrics, there might also be a trend towards two-way players (e.g. Green, Carroll, M. Gasol, Tristan?,...) getting valued higher than they might have in the past, rather than for high PPG. And I'm not 100% sure that mainly offensive guys like: Melo, Isaiah Thomas, Brandon Knight and Brook Lopez get the max if they were on the market today, even though they are all top 20 in total points scored.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  With advanced metrics, there might also be a trend towards two-way players (e.g. Green, Carroll, M. Gasol, Tristan?,...) getting valued higher than they might have in the past, rather than for high PPG. And I'm not 100% sure that mainly offensive guys like: Melo, Isaiah Thomas, Brandon Knight and Brook Lopez get the max if they were on the market today, even though they are all top 20 in total points scored.
                  Let me get this straight - you think that this summer if Brook Lopez or Carmelo Anthony were available they would not get the max?
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I don't think this summer will be indicative due to the number of teams with space.

But generally I think golden is right that teams are being more aware then they used to be.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• What type of contract did Reggie Jackson and Greg Monroe sign?
                      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        Going to be pretty damn disappointed if DD leaves for nothing.

If he is really going to stand behind his loyal comments, he should ensure some sort of sign and trade is done.
                        I think it depends on if DeMar leaves because we are outbid or because he wants to leave for another city.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                          What type of contract did Reggie Jackson and Greg Monroe sign?
                          Monroe signed a shorter version of a max deal and Jackson signed a 5 year deal a couple million shy of the max.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
                            I think it depends on if DeMar leaves because we are outbid or because he wants to leave for another city.
                            We won't be outbid. Masai would never let that happen.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              Going to be pretty damn disappointed if DD leaves for nothing.

Like Bosh? BC really spinned that one....

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                We won't be outbid. Masai would never let that happen.
                                Lakers reportly are going to offer DD a max contract this offseason. Hopefully MU can get some flexibility to target another FA. Bottom line is that DD is going to get a huge contract.

Comment

Working...
                                X