Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Lakers reportly are going to offer DD a max contract this offseason. Hopefully MU can get some flexibility to target another FA. Bottom line is that DD is going to get a huge contract.
    We've known DD would be getting a max or near max contract for a year and a half now, since the TV deal was announced.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      We've known DD would be getting a max or near max contract for a year and a half now, since the TV deal was announced.
      Add on that there aren't a lot of good players to spend that money on this year.

A LOT of bad contracts are going to be going around this summer.
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
        Add on that there aren't a lot of good players to spend that money on this year.

Thankfully the cap keeps rising so long term that "bad deal" effect can be suppressed, especially if you get a player on a flat deal, which I think Masai will aim to do with DD (25M flat for 5 years, give or take).
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          Ross wouldn't be able to 'replace' DeMar in terms of usage, but if we went to a ball movement based system built around JV, Ross could definitely be a servicable starting SG.
          Our team would take a significant step back if DD left and Ross replaced him as the starting 2.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
            Our team would take a significant step back if DD left and Ross replaced him as the starting 2.
            If the team played the same way and Ross was expected to play the same way as DeMar, yes, I could see that happening.

If the team adjusted, I could see Ross as a valuable contributor and the team continue on the same path as it has been on the last two seasons.

Would he produce the same as DeMar? No. But hopefully there would be a coach who wouldn't expect such lunacy.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              If the team played the same way and Ross was expected to play the same way as DeMar, yes, I could see that happening.

If the team adjusted, I could see Ross as a valuable contributor and the team continue on the same path as it has been on the last two seasons.

Would he produce the same as DeMar? No. But hopefully there would be a coach who wouldn't expect such lunacy.
              So what you're saying is: not Casey.
              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

You think that if this team simply replaced Ross with DeMar (and added a decent bench player to replace Ross) we would likely with a non-Casey coach have a top 10 offense?

Comment

• http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...n-Max-Contract

well fuck eh
                  I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• This really isn't a surprise though.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post

Which is actually going to help DeMar be "not such a bad contract".

Comment

• Perfect. We start at 25 mill as well, add the 5th year PO, Bob's your uncle.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                          Which is actually going to help DeMar be "not such a bad contract".
                          Disagree.

Tristan Thompson already took care of that.

Comment

• This smells like tampering as well ...

Comment

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
                              You think that if this team simply replaced Ross with DeMar (and added a decent bench player to replace Ross) we would likely with a non-Casey coach have a top 10 offense?
                              No.

I think if Casey was replaced and an offense that featured Lowry and JV as the 1-2 punch with lots of on and off ball movement, then the team would be no worse off than it is has been the last 2 seasons.

Comment

• Interesting to read the comments from what I'm assuming are a mixed bag of fans (i.e. not just Rap fans, like here on RR). Feelings on Derozan range from lukewarm to negative. DD at max salary is going to have a bulls-eye on his back, a lot more than #ProveEm.

Comment

Working...
                                X