Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
    It's old data. That's the one issue with the polls. I bet if you were to rerun it today the outcome would be significantly different.
    Someone asked if it could be re-run a week or two ago - no mods "bit". Too bad. (But if it were re-run, the question would matter, I think - "Is DD worth the max (in this market)" vs. "Should we re-sign him" - as today's discussion, I think, made clear ).

But I'd still hope for healthy majorities in the affirmative.
    Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Wed Jan 13, 2016, 03:30 AM.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
      Someone asked if it could be re-run a week or two ago - no mods "bit". Too bad. (But if it were re-run, the question would matter, I think - "Is DD worth the max (in this market)" vs. "Should we re-sign him" - as today's discussion, I think, made clear ).

But I'd still hope for healthy majorities in the affirmative.
      I don't remember a request to update the poll. I don't know what a new question would be that would have much to it. He will get max offers but may accept less to stay. We will resign him if we can but long term that might mean nothing.

Post any suggested poll questions and we can update it.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        I wonder if DeRozan will use social media to let everyone know what he's thinking when he becomes a free agent.. like Chris Bosh did.
        Are you referring to his waffles tweet?

This was when news broke of him going to Miami. That free agent period was the reason I signed up for Twitter.
        Last edited by Mess; Wed Jan 13, 2016, 11:33 AM.
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          I don't remember a request to update the poll. I don't know what a new question would be that would have much to it. He will get max offers but may accept less to stay. We will resign him if we can but long term that might mean nothing.

Post any suggested poll questions and we can update it.
          Might have a question about predicting the outcome for DeMar's FA this summer:
          - re-sign with the Raps for $20-25m (whatever sub-max amount)
          - re-sign with the Raps for max
          - sign with the Lakers/leave T.O.
          - other option?
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post

haha with demars math. we might get a bargain after all
            Love these guys. You can tell their friendship is genuine.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
              Might have a question about predicting the outcome for DeMar's FA this summer:
              - re-sign with the Raps for $20-25m (whatever sub-max amount)
              - re-sign with the Raps for max
              - sign with the Lakers/leave T.O.
              - other option?
              4th Option
              - Masai uses jedi mind-trick, re-signs with Toronto for minimum.

Comment

• Lmfao Masai needs to demand that DeMar be the one to negotiate his own deal after that.

Comment

• Is this out already?

The Lakers are apparently ready to offer DD the max (25 mill.)

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...n-Max-Contract

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                    The Lakers are apparently ready to offer DD the max (25 mill.)

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...n-Max-Contract
                    I think this illustrates pretty clearly that we're in the driver's seat. We can offer him more money and more year, along with the organization, teammates, better chance to win, etc.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                      I think this illustrates pretty clearly that we're in the driver's seat. We can offer him more money and more year, along with the organization, teammates, better chance to win, etc.
                      I still get a bit queasy at those kind of numbers. I realize the cap is going up but I cant seem to get around a contract like that for someone other than the James, Durant type player.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                        I still get a bit queasy at those kind of numbers. I realize the cap is going up but I cant seem to get around a contract like that for someone other than the James, Durant type player.
                        Don't forget it's also being projected to drop again...I forget when...2018? Can't remember. And that it will inflate non star deals too. So yeah, you're not the only one who gets a bit queasy.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          Don't forget it's also being projected to drop again...I forget when...2018? Can't remember. And that it will inflate non star deals too. So yeah, you're not the only one who gets a bit queasy.

Yes it's going to drop, but from higher heights than it will be even in 2016.

The cap projection moving forwards is

2016-17 (the cap under which DD will sign his deal): $89M
                          2017-18: $108M
                          2018-19: $100M
                          2019-20: $102M
                          2020-21: $107M

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post

That is why I thought that Silver's proposal to graduate the cap increases to mitigate cap management issues/club financial health was a decent one ...but of course the PA would have nothing to do with it. I think Lebron was leading that opposition if I remember. And of course I understand his stance & shelf life concerns for those who are getting older.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

and we can sign and trade him to LAL for a swap of their pick this year(if they keep it) and Randle

Done and Done.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                                and we can sign and trade him to LAL for a swap of their pick this year(if they keep it) and Randle

Done and Done.
                                Umm why the hell would LA do that when they can just sign him outright?

Comment

Working...
                                X