Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yahoo interviews DeMar:

“Toronto is all I’ve known, honestly. I came in, 19, everything was completely new for me. I appreciated the support, the love,” DeRozan, 26, told Yahoo. “I treated it like home since then.”
    “I always stuck to what I believe in and what I’m comfortable with. If I see a hundred people walking left, that don’t necessarily mean I’m going to walk left. I may see this clear path and want to stay right.”
    “My whole goal was to get us out of that light and become a winning team, a winning organization. From going to winning 20-someting games, to winning our division, franchise-record wins, that’s something you can definitely be happy for,” DeRozan told Yahoo. “It’s amazing to see how far it came. I remember [Toronto] being just a hockey town.”
    “It’s easy to settle for four, five, six threes a game. I always keep in my mind that’s four, five or six times I could’ve got free throws, I could’ve got fouled or I could’ve got an easier shot,” DeRozan told Yahoo. “I’m not discrediting the 3-pointer at all. I know I can shoot it, I just don’t.”
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-an-...163655012.html

Comment

• Eliza wrote: View Post
      But isn't Lowry considered the MVP and getting all that praise you speak of? Without having a clue what will actually happen in the playoffs, you're already placing blame on imagined failures on DD? What if Lowry, our MVP PG, shoots 31% for the series, and averages 1 less APG than DeMar, like last year? DeMar's fault?
      When Miami lost in the finals, the story wasn't that James Jones let down LeBron, it was that LeBron couldn't get it done.

You want to be the man on a team, you take everything that comes with that, good and bad.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        When Miami lost in the finals, the story wasn't that James Jones let down LeBron, it was that LeBron couldn't get it done.

You want to be the man on a team, you take everything that comes with that, good and bad.
        Are you saying Lowry is the James Jones of the Raptors?

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
          Demar would be the one to shoulder a large responsibility for the failures.

If he is supposed to be the "Man" and the "max" guy, with all the provems and shit, then he should shoulder a large majority of the blame.

Cannot heap all the glory on him when team is winning, and not reciprocate the loosing onto him.
          Yeah - like Anthony Davis should shoulder a large chunk of the blame for the Pelicans' fortunes. And like LeBron can't be that good because he's never won it all in Cleveland - and needs a host of other All Stars to get it done.

This is not "value added" analyis. Though I shrink from saying what it actually is, sir.
          Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Thu Jan 14, 2016, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
            To go one step further he was actually the consensus #1 overall pick http://www.nba.com/draft2006/consensus.html
            What a shite* draft.

*used in honour of today's game
            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              Agreed.

It would almost make the most sense to re-sign DeRozan (then can't trade until Dec.15/16 I believe) and use Lowry (about to start his last season under contract) as trade bait either at the draft or in the offseason. I can't see MU keeping both of them, any more than I can see him keeping Casey, if that scenario were to play out.
              A big part of why Demar wants to stay in Toronto likely revolves around Kyle. If we are shipping off Lowry, we fall back in the eastern conference significantly. Does Demar still want to stay in Toronto?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                Not at all, just saying that if we fall short three years in a row, DeMar has to take a big share of responsibility.(although, Casey takes a bigger share)

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                  What a shite* draft.

*used in honour of today's game
                  The back half of that draft was LOADED though. Millsap, Lowry, Rondo, among others. And Aldridge and Roy(RIP knees) were really good.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                    Lmfao this is what I was wondering.

Lowry is supposed to be the best player on the team not DeMar. Comparing him to James Jones.... I'm so done lmao

Comment

The "Every soldier bears all the blame for the loss of every battle" theory of responsibility.

The sound of you sharpening your axe brings chills to all within ear-shot, as it were, my friend.

Comment

Lmfao this is what I was wondering.

Lowry is supposed to be the best player on the team not DeMar. Comparing him to James Jones.... I'm so done lmao
                        It was an awful analogy, I'll admit. Not at all what I was trying to say.

Comment

Not at all, just saying that if we fall short three years in a row, DeMar has to take a big share of responsibility.(although, Casey takes a bigger share)
                          Big difference between Lowry and Jones. Lowry is #1/#2 with DD on this team. If we lose in the first round again, the blame falls on both of them. Yes, Casey gets blamed first though.

Comment

To go one step further he was actually the consensus #1 overall pick http://www.nba.com/draft2006/consensus.html
                            Sheldens Williams face is too small for his face ...

Ronnie Brewers face is too big for his face ...

Comment

• Eliza wrote: View Post
                              But isn't Lowry considered the MVP and getting all that praise you speak of? Without having a clue what will actually happen in the playoffs, you're already placing blame on imagined failures on DD? What if Lowry, our MVP PG, shoots 31% for the series, and averages 1 less APG than DeMar, like last year? DeMar's fault?
                              depends.

If Demar has alot more usage, more time with the ball and longer possessions then I would say no.

Comment

It was an awful analogy, I'll admit. Not at all what I was trying to say.
                                Your analogy wouldn't have worked even if you used different players.

Lowry and DeMar are supposed to be our 1 and 2. The team as a whole played like crap including those guys, and especially Lowry was much much much worse than normal. Trying to pin that on just DeMar is madness.

Comment

Working...
                                X