Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    For sure, he'll be getting a max offer. Ultimately, how the Raptors respond should be based on the team's success. If the team can succeed in the playoffs with DeMar playing well (frankly if he returns to last year's form I cannot imagine the team winning a round, so I don't feel the need to consider the repercussions of such an occurrence), then they make a max offer as well (again, not the true max offer but an offer that matches or slightly exceeds what another team can offer), and in theory retain him. If the team cannot succeed with DeMar playing well, or he plays poorly and proves once again he doesn't have an offensive game compatible with the playoffs, the team lets him walk and sells Lowry and resets around JV. If the team can't succeed with DD playing really well then the current set-up is completely broken, and if he can't play well in the playoffs, then the team cannot sign him to a big deal and hope to have success.

Seems really straightforward to me.
    It's not impossible to imagine Lowry winning a series "on his own" depending on the matchup.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Lowry is not someone who can just be casually replaced. Neither is DeMar but even moreso for Lowry. Take him off this team and don't make a serious upgrade somewhere else and we're in hot water.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        It's not impossible to imagine Lowry winning a series "on his own" depending on the matchup.
        I disagree.

If either Lowry or DeRozan perform similarly to how they did in last year's playoffs we will be going home in round 1.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
          I disagree.

If either Lowry or DeRozan perform similarly to how they did in last year's playoffs we will be going home in round 1.
          What if the opposing Def puts more attention on Demar and so he functions more as decoy while Lowry and JV step up. I don't think that would be unheard of.

Plus I said Demar play mediocre. He can be average and this team could win. If he plays poorly, then it's unlikely we win but I don't think he needs to play like a max guy in order for us to win in some match ups.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

What if the opposing Def puts more attention on Demar and so he functions more as decoy while Lowry and JV step up. I don't think that would be unheard of.

Plus I said Demar play mediocre. He can be average and this team could win. If he plays poorly, then it's unlikely we win but I don't think he needs to play like a max guy in order for us to win in some match ups.
            Agreed. Though I also think people are forgetting just how bad the rest of the team played against Washington. I know they will only go as far as DD and KL will take them, but Ross was invisible, JV was inconsistent, Lou hit just 1-5 3's per game. Amir was ok yet Hansbrough inexplicably started two games. It was a shitshow all around but I think this year's squad is a little less volatile and more steady. Even if the only changes are CoJo instead of Lou and Scola/Biyombo instead of Hansbrough (meaning Carroll is still hurt, Ross/JV don't raise their performance, JJ still benched) those are big improvements in my eyes and should give the Raps a chance at being competitive even if their All Stars are only mediocre. (for one round anyway ha)
            Last edited by Mess; Thu Jan 14, 2016, 05:14 PM.
            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
              Agreed. Though I also think people are forgetting just how bad the rest of the team played against Washington. I know they will only go as far as DD and KL will take them, but Ross was invisible, JV was inconsistent, Lou hit just 1-5 3's per game. Amir was ok yet Hansbrough inexplicably started two games. It was a shitshow all around but I think this year's squad is a little less volatile and more steady. Even if the only changes are CoJo instead of Lou and Scola/Biyombo instead of Hansbrough (meaning Carroll is still hurt, Ross/JV don't raise their performance, JJ still benched) those are big improvements in my eyes and should give the Raps a chance at being competitive even if their All Stars are only mediocre. (for one round anyway ha)
              Ugh, Hansbrough starting in the playoffs. Such bad memories.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Axel wrote:
                You said that in response to

DanH wrote:
                frankly if he [DeRozan] returns to last year's form I cannot imagine the team winning a round,
                That doesn't sound like DD playing average, that sounds like DD (among others) playing poorly and Lowry carrying the team.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                  You said that in response to

That doesn't sound like DD playing average, that sounds like DD (among others) playing poorly and Lowry carrying the team.
                  Which all started from my comment
                  Axel wrote: View Post
                  If he plays great and we get swept, what next? If he plays mediocre and we reach the second round (or more), what next?
                  So you can needlessly argue about what I said or you can add something to the conversation.

Comment

• EF seems to do well head to head against demar

Comment

Which all started from my comment

So you can needlessly argue about what I said or you can add something to the conversation.
                      I'm just going to leave this particular conversation, not really interested in where it's headed.

Comment

• DeRozan shooting pretty poorly today, still getting most of his shots inside but just not making them.

Comment

• 10 rebounds. His all-round game has really progressed.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                            10 rebounds. His all-round game has really progressed.
                            Yeah few years ago that'd be 4-15, 8pts, 0-10 from long 2, 1 rebound, 1 assist.

Comment

lol, the DeRozan glass is always half full in this corner of the Republic.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

This just isn't the case looking at January vs. December splits. He had a fantastic December, January he's only doing a few things better. Shooting 3s, and his turnovers are down a bit, Ortg is up a touch. Assist percentage dropped from 23.1 to 15.6 so far in January, assist ratio down from 14.9% to 12.8%, TS% down from 56.8% to 51.7%. PPG down from 25.0 to 21.1. His average +/- from 2.3 to 0.1. Overall, he's actually been worse so far in January than he was in November. His December was fantastic, but we need more months like that.
                                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Working...
                                X