Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    This just isn't the case looking at January vs. December splits. He had a fantastic December, January he's only doing a few things better. Shooting 3s, and his turnovers are down a bit, Ortg is up a touch. Assist percentage dropped from 23.1 to 15.6 so far in January, assist ratio down from 14.9% to 12.8%, TS% down from 56.8% to 51.7%. PPG down from 25.0 to 21.1. His average +/- from 2.3 to 0.1. Overall, he's actually been worse so far in January than he was in November. His December was fantastic, but we need more months like that.
    We've played 7 games so far in January. Do those numbers include Last night's stinker in London?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
      DeRozan shooting pretty poorly today, still getting most of his shots inside but just not making them.
      I'm ok with these sort of "off nights".

It's the 5-15 nights with a lot of contested 18ft fadeaways that I can do without.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post

It's the 5-15 nights with a lot of contested 18ft fadeaways that I can do without.
        Well, he was 1 for 5 from 16ft out (non-threes). So...

This was a bad night for DeMar. Hopefully he can bounce back to his season long form.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
          We've played 7 games so far in January. Do those numbers include Last night's stinker in London?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          It does include last night's stinker. December's numbers also include his stinker against GSW though.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post

This is my opinion as well as I [personally] don't think all misses should be weighted the same as bad shooting nights happen.
            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...demar-derozan/

Interesting projections from FiveThirtyEight for DeMar. Not terribly optimistic based on their statistical projections.

Comment

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...demar-derozan/

Interesting projections from FiveThirtyEight for DeMar. Not terribly optimistic based on their statistical projections.
                Those projections are based on the last 3 seasons not this year.

Considering that 2014-15 was bad and so was 2012-13, it's not surprising that he only projects as an average starter (however his top comparable is Rip Hamilton).

Comment

Considering that 2014-15 was bad and so was 2012-13, it's not surprising that he only projects as an average starter (however his top comparable is Rip Hamilton).
                  Thanks for bothering. There are "feel good" stories - it's a category ... but some seem to prefer - what: "Horror"?

(As there is no category for "feel bad" stories, per se )

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                    Thanks for bothering. There are "feel good" stories - it's a category ... but some seem to prefer - what: "Horror"?

(As there is no category for "feel bad" stories, per se )
                    lol lol lol on the endless rerun/remake channel

Comment

I didn't say 'this is the truth about DeMar', I just said it's interesting. I like a lot of stuff from FiveThirtyEight. And any statistical model can be wrong. People don't have to hate on a statistical model because it tells a story they don't like. I think the biggest thing it says is something we already knew. He's probably never going to be a true superstar level talent, but that doesn't mean he can't be really good.

Comment

I didn't say 'this is the truth about DeMar', I just said it's interesting. I like a lot of stuff from FiveThirtyEight. And any statistical model can be wrong. People don't have to hate on a statistical model because it tells a story they don't like. I think the biggest thing it says is something we already knew. He's probably never going to be a true superstar level talent, but that doesn't mean he can't be really good.
                        One thing to note is that by RPM he already has amassed about as many WAR as his entire 2013-14 season, which puts his total so far prorated to a full season well above his best case scenario in the projection for this year (he's almost at that best case projection now). It will be interesting to see how those projections change after this season.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Wait what I wasn't hating on the model just clarifying that they weren't taking this year into account..

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            One thing to note is that by RPM he already has amassed about as many WAR as his entire 2013-14 season, which puts his total so far prorated to a full season well above his best case scenario in the projection for this year (he's almost at that best case projection now). It will be interesting to see how those projections change after this season.
                            As many as 2013-14 even? Damn... Are you sure you don't mean 2014-15? That's pretty significant if so

Where do you find rpm and war stats btw?

Comment

As many as 2013-14 even? Damn... Are you sure you don't mean 2014-15? That's pretty significant if so

Where do you find rpm and war stats btw?

RPM is ESPN's stat and WAR is on the same page. DeMar has already amassed 3.75 WAR by RPM, he hit about 3.9 in 2013-14. He never got nearly that high last season.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                RPM is ESPN's stat and WAR is on the same page. DeMar has already amassed 3.75 WAR by RPM, he hit about 3.9 in 2013-14. He never got nearly that high last season.
                                Ah... I actually knew that about RPM just forgot lol. Thanks though, that's pretty crazy I didn't realize he was playing that much better than 2013-14 by that metric.

Comment

Working...
                                X