Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash wrote: View Post
    Ah... I actually knew that about RPM just forgot lol. Thanks though, that's pretty crazy I didn't realize he was playing that much better than 2013-14 by that metric.
    His December was an extreme outlier for him, by far the best month he's ever had. That's why I posted his January being lower a while back, because it seemed like the huge jump he took in December might be unsustainable.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
      His December was an extreme outlier for him, by far the best month he's ever had. That's why I posted his January being lower a while back, because it seemed like the huge jump he took in December might be unsustainable.
      You get way too caught up in trying to create trends out of short periods of time or small sample sizes. Every player has fluctuations from month to month, I just want to see his season averages stay around where they are right now come April and I'll be fine with his production. Obviously he's not going to play how he did in December all year, he was playing at young Kobe level in December.

Edit:

There were 15 games played in December. There have been 25 other games. If he played at the level he did in December for a whole season (25-5-4 on 57 TS%, 114 oRTG on 31% usage), he would legitimately be one of the best 10 players in the entire league. Let's relax a bit.
      Last edited by JWash; Sat Jan 16, 2016, 12:27 AM.

Comment

You get way too caught up in trying to create trends out of short periods of time or small sample sizes. Every player has fluctuations from month to month, I just want to see his season averages stay around where they are right now come April and I'll be fine with his production. Obviously he's not going to play how he did in December all year, he was playing at young Kobe level in December.

Edit:

There were 15 games played in December. There have been 25 other games. If he played at the level he did in December for a whole season (25-5-4 on 57 TS%, 114 oRTG on 31% usage), he would legitimately be one of the best 10 players in the entire league. Let's relax a bit.
        Agreed. No one thought he was going to play like he did in December all season. Well at least no one with any sense, but if he can just find a middle ground between December and how he is playing now he will be fine. He just can't become ISO, tunnel vision, long 2 taking Demar again. Lowry was playing like an MVP to start the season and he has tailed off too as expected.
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          I didn't say 'this is the truth about DeMar', I just said it's interesting. I like a lot of stuff from FiveThirtyEight. And any statistical model can be wrong. People don't have to hate on a statistical model because it tells a story they don't like. I think the biggest thing it says is something we already knew. He's probably never going to be a true superstar level talent, but that doesn't mean he can't be really good.
          I can respect that you said "probably". But so should you ... I think. Kudos?

In an undergraduate upper-year class I once took, a professor of literature suggested that we, the class, should see a particular film ... for no other reason than that it was billed as a "True Story".

Gorillas in the Mist, it was.

But, in relevant respect, there are no "true stories", he said. "True stories", at least as films go, are edited. And presented. I, myself, take no issue with FiveThirtyEight. But I do think your choice of the particular piece, here and now, was a choice. And to a purpose.

OK then. And as must needs be, in a sense. And so you are entitled to differ (as is anyone).

But I disagree with your choice ... and suspect we shall likely go on disagreeing somehow. And precisely to the extent that you and I "bother" ...

[But we're award-winning rookies, apparently - so perhaps well-met. And all of this a few beers in, by the way GO RAPS! ).
          Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Sat Jan 16, 2016, 01:25 AM.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post

In an undergraduate upper-year class I once took, a professor of literature suggested that we, the class, should see a particular film ... for no other reason than that it was billed as a "True Story".

Gorillas in the Mist, it was.

But, in relevant respect, there are no "true stories", he said. "True stories", at least as films go, are edited. And presented. I, myself, take no issue with FiveThirtyEight. But I do think your choice of the particular piece, here and now, was a choice. And to a purpose.

OK then. And as must needs be, in a sense. And so you are entitled to differ (as is anyone).

But I disagree with your choice ... and suspect we shall likely go on disagreeing somehow. And precisely to the extent that you and I "bother" ...

[But we're award-winning rookies, apparently - so perhaps well-met. And all of this a few beers in, by the way GO RAPS! ).
            If you have an opinion about an article shared by a fellow poster, please feel free to share it.

Questioning the intentions/motivations of a fellow poster for sharing a 3rd party article related to the thread is just petty.

The poster you called out didn't write the article, and even followed-up with a post that actually praised the player in question.

As a reminder to all posters, comment on the topic at hand, not your fellow posters. As always, keep it respectful.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              If you have an opinion about an article shared by a fellow poster, please feel free to share it.

Questioning the intentions/motivations of a fellow poster for sharing a 3rd party article related to the thread is just petty.

The poster you called out didn't write the article, and even followed-up with a post that actually praised the player in question.

As a reminder to all posters, comment on the topic at hand, not your fellow posters. As always, keep it respectful.
              I think my opinion about the article was quite clear (And I agree that sharing opinions is generally good, by the way).

And I do know that Barolt did not write the article.

Beyond that ...?

I don't know, CRF.

Yeah, maybe DeMar showed his "true colours" in 2013 -15. And maybe no one should complain about articles which support that theory.

As bloody ridiculous as that theory is.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                I think my opinion about the article was quite clear (And I agree that sharing opinions is generally good, by the way).

And I do know that Barolt did not write the article.

Beyond that ...?

I don't know, CRF.

Yeah, maybe DeMar showed his "true colours" in 2013 -15. And maybe no one should complain about articles which support that theory.

As bloody ridiculous as that theory is.
                Just limit your posts to your opinion of the article, not your fellow posters.

Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                But I do think your choice of the particular piece, here and now, was a choice. And to a purpose.

These are the parts that were unnecessary and only serve to start problems, since you questioned my previous message publically.

If you have any further questions, please contact myself of another Admin/Mod via PM.

Cheers

Comment

• Cheers.

Comment

• I don't get it.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      Just limit your posts to your opinion of the article, not your fellow posters.

These are the parts that were unnecessary and only serve to start problems, since you questioned my previous message publically.

If you have any further questions, please contact myself of another Admin/Mod via PM.

Cheers
                      I credit you for reading.

I find it difficult to follow...but I'm not overly bright anyways.

I always remember my high school english teacher saying: "When doing your editing and revisions, can you make your point in the fewest words possible? More words doesn't mean more marks."

Personally, I think she just wanted to get the correcting done faster but I always thought it was good advice.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        I credit you for reading.

I find it difficult to follow...but I'm not overly bright anyways.

I always remember my high school english teacher saying: "When doing your editing and revisions, can you make your point in the fewest words possible? More words doesn't mean more marks."

Personally, I think she just wanted to get the correcting done faster but I always thought it was good advice.
                        I'm extremely confused now.

Comment

I'm extremely confused now.
                          shit = 1

therefore, shit to the power of any number is still just one shit.

So basically, limit your shit to just one simple shit. Because no matter how many shits you give, its still one pile of shit regardless.

Comment

• I had a chemistry teacher in University, that was constantly criticizing me. He would always say things like, "Tim wake up, Tim, beakers are not urinals. Tim, I will not bond with you while cooking meth in a trailer.."
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                              I had a chemistry teacher in University, that was constantly criticizing me. He would always say things like, "Tim wake up, Tim, beakers are not urinals. Tim, I will not bond with you while cooking meth in a trailer.."
                              haha

My chemistry prof spent the first 20 minutes of each class asking me about the basketball season, upcoming games, etc.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                                shit = 1

therefore, shit to the power of any number is still just one shit.

So basically, limit your shit to just one simple shit. Because no matter how many shits you give, its still one pile of shit regardless.
                                This is the greatest post in the history of RR.
                                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Working...
                                X