Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    DeMar was solid but not spectacular his all-star season (which was an amazing improvement). Lowry was spectacular that year (and the first half of last year).

This year both have been spectacular. Seems straightforward to me.
    Demar's been spectacular on one side of the ball. Defense.... not so much.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      His defence is pretty average. Not good, not bad.
      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
        His defence is pretty average. Not good, not bad.
        Agreed.
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          Sure. But we are talking about the all star game.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
            I have a question for the DeMar fans. I've come a long way in the last two months as far as accepting that we might be paying DeMar the max for the next five years, and as long as there's a coaching change I'm mostly okay with it. Still would rather have a shooting guard who can shoot, but when he's decisive he does enough other good things that it's usually a net positive.

My question is this, does DeMar actually make our other players better? Because I'm having a hard time statistically backing up the idea that the other players on our team are better off for DeMar being on our roster. Lowry's Drtg, Ortg, and net rating are worse in a 2 man unit with DeMar than his season averages.

I'm genuinely curious, and I'd love to see evidence that he does make guys better. I'm not trying to hate on him, I'd just like to know.
            I don't know that he makes guys better at all. But he appears to make what Kyle Lowry does sustainable by carrying the heavy offensive load, and Kyle Lowry sure as shooting makes his teammates worlds better.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I don't know that he makes guys better at all. But he appears to make what Kyle Lowry does sustainable by carrying the heavy offensive load, and Kyle Lowry sure as shooting makes his teammates worlds better.
              I agree on Lowry, looking through stats it's easy to see the impact Lowry has on his teammates. It's much harder to find a similar impact for DeMar. I gotta ask, wouldn't a real offense have the same effect on making what Lowry does sustainable?
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                I agree on Lowry, looking through stats it's easy to see the impact Lowry has on his teammates. It's much harder to find a similar impact for DeMar. I gotta ask, wouldn't a real offense have the same effect on making what Lowry does sustainable?
                Maybe? But maybe not. We have no empirical evidence to suggest that a different offence would lighten the load on Lowry, nor that he would be as effective in a different offence. DeRozan's value is the surety he brings to those questions.

I'm not saying it's even necessarily the right way to go. But that's the argument for it.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Maybe? But maybe not. We have no empirical evidence to suggest that a different offence would lighten the load on Lowry, nor that he would be as effective in a different offence. DeRozan's value is the surety he brings to those questions.

I'm not saying it's even necessarily the right way to go. But that's the argument for it.
                  Do you post on RealGM? Because this sounds identical to Tsherkin's (one of the mods over there) assessment of him.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                    Do you post on RealGM? .
                    Ewww. You do realize that is often used as an insult round these parts?
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                      Ewww. You do realize that is often used as an insult round these parts?
                      There's nothing wrong with RealGM per se. There's just more people so you see nonsensical stuff and panic threads posted more often. Discussion is definitely better here though because it's a more compact group.

Comment

• Hoopshype has DeMar as the #5 free agent of 2016, and basically number 1 if you don't think Durant, Lebron, Dwight, or Drummond will change teams.

http://hoopshype.com/2016/01/16/nba-...e-top-players/

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                          Hoopshype has DeMar as the #5 free agent of 2016, and basically number 1 if you don't think Durant, Lebron, Dwight, or Drummond will change teams.

I kinda think Dwight will leave Houston. Drummond is RFA so he's not going anywhere. Doubt Lebron or Durant change teams either. Then again, I also doubt Demar leaves, so I guess the rankings are fine, but most guys won't change teams.

Comment

• I bet there are a lot of GM's who don't really want Dwight Howard anymore...
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                              I bet there are a lot of GM's who don't really want Dwight Howard anymore...
                              bet OKC would like him.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                                Hoopshype has DeMar as the #5 free agent of 2016, and basically number 1 if you don't think Durant, Lebron, Dwight, or Drummond will change teams.

Crazy, DeMar's career earnings only $39m (total!) according to that link, and he's likely about to sign a $25m/yr (+) 4 or 5 year deal. What a huge jump.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X