Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    Crazy, DeMar's career earnings only $39m (total!) according to that link, and he's likely about to sign a $25m/yr (+) 4 or 5 year deal. What a huge jump.
    Hopefully there is no lockout scare this time around with guys getting double what they did a year ago.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
      bet OKC would like him.
      Yeah, there will be a market for Dwight. He's having a really good year and Centers who do what he does are pretty damn rare.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
        Yeah, there will be a market for Dwight. He's having a really good year and Centers who do what he does are pretty damn rare.
        That's debatable. Advanced stats don't like him very much.

He essentially peaked 4 or 5 years ago, physically he's definitely not what he used to be, and whoever signs him next is going to be stuck paying a 34 or 35 year old Dwight Howard max money. He'll be 10 years past his prime by the end of his next contract. He's also a bit of a headcase and probably the most destructive "nice guy" in the NBA.

I mean somebody will give him the max for sure, but for most teams it would be a bad move over the life of the contract. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Kobe-like tail off to Dwight's game by the time he's in his mid 30's.

OKC is a good example tho - Durant likely gives them 1 more year and they have to do something right now or they lose their entire core in 2017. They need to swing for the fences on the short term.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
          Do you post on RealGM? Because this sounds identical to Tsherkin's (one of the mods over there) assessment of him.
          Rarely, and I hadn't seen that. When I do it is under the same name as my twitter handle.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            Ewww. You do realize that is often used as an insult round these parts?
            I don't mind RealGM sometimes, but the noise/signal ratio around here is a lot higher.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Anyone who watched the game tonight watched Demar graduate to a new level
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                Anyone who watched the game tonight watched Demar graduate to a new level
                What gave me the most hope tonight was the clear chemistry between DD and JV in their two man game. That's a resource that could fuel this team's offence for years to come.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  What gave me the most hope tonight was the clear chemistry between DD and JV in their two man game. That's a resource that could fuel this team's offence for years to come.
                  Was happy to see DeMar find JV open under the basket. That pass is there probably 4-6 times per night, guys leave JV when DeMar is driving a LOT.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                    Was happy to see DeMar find JV open under the basket. That pass is there probably 4-6 times per night, guys leave JV when DeMar is driving a LOT.
                    To answer your question from earlier... this would qualify as making your teammates better.

DeRozan isn't a Steve Nash or LeBron James where he can elevate hi teammates with elite court vision and playmaking abilities, but when he's making the correct decisions off his drives and in pick and roll situations it can really make things a lot easier for other guys on the court.

Comment

To answer your question from earlier... this would qualify as making your teammates better.

DeRozan isn't a Steve Nash or LeBron James where he can elevate hi teammates with elite court vision and playmaking abilities, but when he's making the correct decisions off his drives and in pick and roll situations it can really make things a lot easier for other guys on the court.
                      The qualifier being 'when he's making the right decisions'. Which he's doing a lot more often this season. I agree with you, I just find it hard to find statistical evidence to support the idea that he makes the other guys better.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                        bet OKC would like him.
                        Considering what they'd have to pay Howard I think they'd probably be okay keeping Steven Adams as their starter with Kanter off the bench.

Comment

• Dwight Howard is the guy you really have to worry about paying the max this offseason. He's got over 10 years of experience so his max starts at around $29.4M and would be worth $125M over 4 seasons if he signed with a new team. Pretty scary considering he's been on a steep decline the past few years, is relatively injury prone and is on the wrong side of 30.

Also the defensive impact that made him a legitimate MVP candidate appears to be disappearing, and he's not exactly a great offensive weapon.

Comment

Dwight Howard is the guy you really have to worry about paying the max this offseason. He's got over 10 years of experience so his max starts at around $29.4M and would be worth $125M over 4 seasons if he signed with a new team. Pretty scary considering he's been on a steep decline the past few years, is relatively injury prone and is on the wrong side of 30.

Also the defensive impact that made him a legitimate MVP candidate appears to be disappearing, and he's not exactly a great offensive weapon.
                            He is a shell of his DPOY self now.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Absolutely agree. I thought I saw the beginnings of something people have been dreaming of for years. Very hopeful. Seems some nights JV fumbles some of the touches he got tonight. still gotta get up with the ball faster sometimes. But tonight was sweeeeeeet. 9/9.

Comment

• Do I. ..do...do I LIKE demar derozan??
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X