Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash wrote: View Post
    If DeMar REALLY wants to emulate Kobe, he'll stay in Toronto. That's what Kobe did, established a legacy with one franchise. Let's hope DD wants to do the same (not insinuating that DD's legacy can ever match Kobe's, just the same concept).
    Not disagreeing with you, and I'm in favor of keeping DeMar as well. The question was as to why he would go to L.A., and my opinion is that if Kobe's part of the Lakers organization, that's a selling point given how DeMar has talked about wanting to learn from him.

Presumably, if Kobe is working for the Lakers, he won't want to mentor DeMar if DeMar's a Raptor.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      "May impact" is key here....something we're assuming might matter.
      Well i don't think we are assuming since we are merely talking about the possibility. I haven't seen any "done deal, Demar to Lakers" posts.

If Demar leaves, then LA is the most logical choice. Same as if Durant leaves OKC, we want him to choose here because of his childhood fandom. Lakers have more substantial ground there than we do.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        The Lakers typically keep their stars involved organizationally after they retire. Could totally see Kobe working in a developmental position with the team, working with guys like Clarkson, Russell. Kobe's a notorious gym and film rat, and he could help a lot of guys.

Having that type of role would also put him in the position to work with DeMar, which could potentially help a free agency bid, right?
        Honestly.. I doubt it?

When asked about becoming a Coach, Kobe responded with "That's the funniest thing I've ever heard"...

I do not see Kobe being an assistant coach next year, or working with Lakers players in that type of capacity. The guy is notoriously prickly, and I can't see him wasting his now free time working with Jordan Clarkson and Nick Young. Or Demar Derozan.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          Well i don't think we are assuming since we are merely talking about the possibility. I haven't seen any "done deal, Demar to Lakers" posts.

If Demar leaves, then LA is the most logical choice. Same as if Durant leaves OKC, we want him to choose here because of his childhood fandom. Lakers have more substantial ground there than we do.
          But keeping with this same line of thinking, wouldn't the "most logical destination" for Durant be Washington?

I think what a lot of people aren't considering is pure, unadulterated Loyalty. And Demar seems to bleed Raptors Red. He's stated time and time again that Toronto is the only team he's ever known, and has been nothing but great to him, and he wants to finish his career here.
          Last edited by Joey; Mon Jan 25, 2016, 04:11 PM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            But keeping with this same line of thinking, wouldn't the "most logical destination" for Durant be Washington?
            Arguably but he wasn't a Washington fan growing up and he didn't idolize George Murhesan or Mitch Richmond.

Similar lines but I wouldn't call them the same line of thinking.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I think what a lot of people aren't considering is pure, unadulterated Loyalty. And Demar seems to bleed Raptors Red.
              Just keep in mind, a lot of Portland fans thought the same about Aldridge. It's not unprecedented for a guy to love the city he's in and still leave.

Comment

The Lakers typically keep their stars involved organizationally after they retire. Could totally see Kobe working in a developmental position with the team, working with guys like Clarkson, Russell. Kobe's a notorious gym and film rat, and he could help a lot of guys.

Having that type of role would also put him in the position to work with DeMar, which could potentially help a free agency bid, right?
                Kobe is a gym/film rat and a lone wolf. He hasn't exactly shown himself to be the "mentor" type. Perhaps that will change once he retires but who knows.
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Just keep in mind, a lot of Portland fans thought the same about Aldridge. It's not unprecedented for a guy to love the city he's in and still leave.
                  But Aldridge never came out and said he wants to spend his career in Portland, did he?

Comment

But Aldridge never came out and said he wants to spend his career in Portland, did he?
                    Pretty sure he did.

Comment

Pretty sure he did.
                      I'd be curious to see a source on that.

And even still, whats the point anyway? Are we using his possibility of going to LA as a reason to trade him before the deadline?

Comment

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/in...o_sign_co.html

Read through Aldridge's quotes in that article.

Comment

He said he wanted to be the greatest Blazer ever (paraphrasing).

However he did say that a full year before he left, so a lot could've changed.

Comment

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/in...o_sign_co.html

Read through Aldridge's quotes in that article.
                            Interesting. Ok, fair enough.

So what though? I assume this is all to say we should trade by the deadline then? I think that would turn out terribly for us.

Comment

But even that's a stretch.

Truth is, every player will make a FA decision based on the combination of money, opportunity to win, team usage, roster fit, location, marketing ability, family's opinions/influence, plus a million additional factors. And each player will weigh these factors differently.

Sure, DeRozan to the Lakers is a possibility. But so is DeRozan to Boston, or DeRozan to Sacramento, or whatever.

I'm just highlighting that we're pretending to know what motivates DeRozan. But in reality, we have no idea.

Comment

• And just saying there's a huge difference between Timmy D and Pop sitting you down at a restaurant showing you rings, showing you the finals MVP Kawhi, telling you how they were JUST in the finals a year before and you could easily get them back there.

Vs. Kobe (who probably won't give enough of a fuck to even recruit DeMar based on his actions last year) and a bunch of rookies telling you about how they won 6 years ago with a totally different roster, and oh Kobe won't be there...

Comment

Working...
                                X