Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Interesting. Ok, fair enough.

So what though? I assume this is all to say we should trade by the deadline then? I think that would turn out terribly for us.
    I think the so what is simply that what has been said so far isn't written in stone and shouldn't be treated as much. Recent precedence.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      But even that's a stretch.

Truth is, every player will make a FA decision based on the combination of money, opportunity to win, team usage, roster fit, location, marketing ability, family's opinions/influence, plus a million additional factors. And each player will weigh these factors differently.

Sure, DeRozan to the Lakers is a possibility. But so is DeRozan to Boston, or DeRozan to Sacramento, or whatever.

I'm just highlighting that we're pretending to know what motivates DeRozan. But in reality, we have no idea.
      Durant is absolutely a stretch; more so than Demar to LA imo.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Interesting. Ok, fair enough.

So what though? I assume this is all to say we should trade by the deadline then? I think that would turn out terribly for us.
        Nah, it's a cautionary tale more than anything. Really, what can we do? Trade DeMar, we sink this season. We aren't getting back equal value.

We just gotta hope he stays. Thankfully, if he does leave, Ross' recent improvements means we'll probably have a serviceable SG if he does leave, and we still have a ton of talent.

I'm just not going to be convinced he's staying until ink is on paper.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          I think the so what is simply that what has been said so far isn't written in stone and shouldn't be treated as much. Recent precedence.
          Ok, but what are we to do with that? Is the point that we should trade him then? Or just to speculate that he is leaving for LA?

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
            Just keep in mind, a lot of Portland fans thought the same about Aldridge. It's not unprecedented for a guy to love the city he's in and still leave.
            He didn't leave to join a rebuilding effort led by Jack Nicholson, though....

Comment

• Here's the thing. Everyone thinks DeMar's not going to L.A. because they aren't going to win anything. If we're going to sell him on staying we have to win some games that matter. Those games don't occur until April.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

I'm just not going to be convinced he's staying until ink is on paper.
                That's certainly fair. I won't be convinced of it either until that happens as well.

But I'll remain pretty darn confident that he stays put until then.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                  Durant is absolutely a stretch; more so than Demar to LA imo.
                  To me it's the same level of stretch. If anything Durant is actually more likely to leave than DeMar is.

Assuming both OKC and Toronto perform to an expected level based on their team quality in the playoffs, I would expect Durant to be much more likely to leave OKC than DeMar to leave Toronto. We would be trending upwards, while OKC would still be not good enough to beat San Antonio/Golden State and the front office wouldn't have a whole lot of solutions to offer KD since their owner won't spend into the tax.

Comment

Ok, but what are we to do with that? Is the point that we should trade him then? Or just to speculate that he is leaving for LA?
                    Oh...you're looking for a point in what we talk about. Sorry, can't help you there.

Comment

• One thing to note - Aldridge left POR to go to arguably the best run franchise in the history of sport.

DeRozan would be leaving TOR to go to one of the worst run franchises in the game today.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Here's the thing. Everyone thinks DeMar's not going to L.A. because they aren't going to win anything. If we're going to sell him on staying we have to win some games that matter. Those games don't occur until April.
                        Absolutely. And this isn't restricted to DeRozan.

Win games in April, or this entire roster needs to be harshly re-evaluated.

Comment

Here's the thing. Everyone thinks DeMar's not going to L.A. because they aren't going to win anything. If we're going to sell him on staying we have to win some games that matter. Those games don't occur until April.
                          Actually those games occur starting in late October.

All 82 games regular season games matter as well.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                            Actually those games occur starting in late October.

All 82 games regular season games matter as well.
                            Not to some people here.
                            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              One thing to note - Aldridge left POR to go to arguably the best run franchise in the history of sport.

DeRozan would be leaving TOR to go to one of the worst run franchises in the game today.
                              Without knowing what drives Demar, that might not be a concern. Perhaps restoring one of the most prestigious teams in history is a draw. Until Demar signs and speaks, will be impossible to predict what matters to him.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                One thing to note - Aldridge left POR to go to arguably the best run franchise in the history of sport.

Agreed. Berlin has been a great world city for a long time.

Paris, too. But you'd skip a lot of the 1940's.

Comment

Working...
                                X