Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
    And not just settling for corner threes (as some tried to insist).
    Me and JWash had a LONG conversation in the past week about DeMar shooting catch and shoot versus pull-ups, that's the bigger difference for him. Catch and shoot, wide open, he's good enough to shoot em. Pulling up off the dribble, he's really, really awful.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
      Me and JWash had a LONG conversation in the past week about DeMar shooting catch and shoot versus pull-ups, that's the bigger difference for him. Catch and shoot, wide open, he's good enough to shoot em. Pulling up off the dribble, he's really, really awful.
      Yeah so basically if the team had better ball movement DD's three-point shooting (and as a result his efficiency) would only get better. Contrary to the ideas posted here several times that DeRozan would play worse if the ball was moved better or simply just not fit in that kind of system.

Comment

He should never ever take pull up 3's, catch and shoot is fine. He has been terrible 3 point shooter for his career, he is just beginning to improve.

Comment

And not just settling for corner threes (as some tried to insist).
          Didn't even require a significant drop in usage, just a slight shift in mindset (from I only take 3s when I absolutely have to) and practice, practice, practice. Now that the whole team is clicking with the attack and kick offence, DD is getting open looks and the comfort level those come with.

It comes down to practice time though. Shooting form is nothing if not malleable.

Comment

• He and Lowry are our end of game players. It's sort of inevitable that he has to take that shot.

Edit: That was in reply to the idea of DD never taking pull up 3's

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
              He and Lowry are our end of game players. It's sort of inevitable that he has to take that shot.

Edit: That was in reply to the idea of DD never taking pull up 3's
              Why? I hate this narrative. Derek Fisher, Robert Horry, John Paxson hit lots of end-of-game shots. It wasn't always Kobe, it wasn't always Jordan. The high percentage shot should be our end of game shot, not anything to do with any specific player.

Comment

• I have a feeling DD will be one of the first free agent signings in the NBA. I think we meet him at midnight with a 5 year max offer, he takes it, and him and Masai pop some bottles.

I do hope LA is able to land some good players though, so if we need to mix things up they have something to send us for DD other than the crap they have now.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  I'd be shocked if he left.

But no doubt DD was a Laker fan growing up.

Who wouldn't want to play for their fav team?
                  Right KD?
                  Last edited by mike, prague; Mon Jan 25, 2016, 05:35 PM.

Comment

"Really, really awful? Why only two "really"s?

If you shoot 32% you're struggling, marginal ... 37% and you're good to go ... have I got that right?

Five extra buckets in every hundred. And DeMar has been shooting over people and pulling up forever. I think there's an excellent chance he'll be fine. I'd guess he's aiming for a steady progression to being very comfortable taking those shots in this post-season. Same with Scola. I bet teams are fully aware he'll actually shoot those now. So he's stretching the floor better with each passing month.

Nice.
                    Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Mon Jan 25, 2016, 05:42 PM.

Comment

"Really, really awful? Why only two "really"s

If you shoor 32% you're a dud ... 37% and you're good to go, have I got that right?

Five extra buckets in every hundred. And DeMar has been shooting over people and pulling up forever. I think there's an excellent chance he'll be fine. I'd guess he's aiming for a steady progression to being comfortable taking those shots in this post-season. Same with Scola, I think. I think teams are aware he'll actually shoot those now. So he's stretching the floor better with each passing month.

Nice.
                      If he shot 32% on pull-up 3s, I'd be fine with it. He doesn't. He shoots 17.9% on pull-up 3s. That's really, really awful.

Comment

If he shot 32% on pull-up 3s, I'd be fine with it. He doesn't. He shoots 17.9% on pull-up 3s. That's really, really awful.
                        Honestly, I thing stats can be great - but they can be very misleading, too (if quoted out of any context, from small sample sizes, what have you). I wonder about the numbers you spit out sometimes ...

Anyway, I was talking about DeMar developing his shot and getting better. I'm guessing he will. You can quote numbers to try to suggest he should give up making progress with one or another element of his game. But DeMar doesn't seem to be listening to you ... And I really, really don't think he should.

"Smoking" isn't the only thing that can stunt your growth, Barolt.

Comment

"Really, really awful? Why only two "really"s?

If you shoot 32% you're struggling, marginal ... 37% and you're good to go ... have I got that right?

Five extra buckets in every hundred. And DeMar has been shooting over people and pulling up forever. I think there's an excellent chance he'll be fine. I'd guess he's aiming for a steady progression to being very comfortable taking those shots in this post-season. Same with Scola. I bet teams are fully aware he'll actually shoot those now. So he's stretching the floor better with each passing month.

Nice.
                          lol. he doesn't shoot 32% on pull up 3s.

There's like 5 players in the league who should be shooting pull up 3s. Demar will never be one of them.

Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                          Honestly, I thing stats can be great - but they can be very misleading, too (if quoted out of any context, from small sample sizes, what have you). I wonder about the numbers you spit out sometimes ...

Anyway, I was talking about DeMar developing his shot and getting better. I'm guessing he will. You can quote numbers to try to suggest he should give up making progress with one or another element of his game. But DeMar doesn't seem to be listening to you ... And I really, really don't think he should.

"Smoking" isn't the only thing that can stunt your growth, Barolt.
                          So your argument against his small sample size stats is that they must be wrong because they're small in sample size? wow.

and the bold, yet another jab from you?
                          Last edited by KHD; Mon Jan 25, 2016, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                            lol. he doesn't shoot 32% on pull up 3s.

There's like 5 players in the league who should be shooting pull up 3s. Demar will never be one of them.
                            I didn't mean to suggest that he was. I was only adverting to the fine line between a marginal and good three-point shooter, generally. But there was ambiguity in my remarks, I see now.

[Edit: And DeMar will "never" be one of them - until it turns out (if it ever does) that he is, I suppose ... we'll see. I think it's an "in the zone" thing some days, though, ya know?]
                            Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Mon Jan 25, 2016, 06:09 PM.

Comment

I didn't mean to suggest that he was. I was only adverting to the fine line between a marginal and good three-point shooter, generally. But there was ambiguity in my remarks, I see now.
                              league average effective FG% (weighted for 2s and 3s) is around 50%. i.e. approximately 1 point per shot. So generally yeah a 3 point shot from a 32% shooter is "bad" and from a 34% shooter is "good".

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                But keeping with this same line of thinking, wouldn't the "most logical destination" for Durant be Washington?

I think what a lot of people aren't considering is pure, unadulterated Loyalty. And Demar seems to bleed Raptors Red. He's stated time and time again that Toronto is the only team he's ever known, and has been nothing but great to him, and he wants to finish his career here.
                                The pattern has always been (even more so last few years):
                                Players that are FAs:
                                1. I want max money I can get;
                                2. I want a ring;
                                3. I want to be home or my fav team or other BS;
                                Wash was supposed to be a top 4 team in East this year. Current situation will likely no entice KD.

Comment

Working...
                                X