Clear All

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Heyyyyy
    hi?
    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
      Letting him walk is by far the dumbest thing we can do.

- Trading him for whatever we can get at the deadline
      - Re-signing him and trading him later
      - Re-signing him and not trading him

Are all much more intelligent than letting him walk. Maybe if we had max cap space and the inside track on a guy like Durant, but we don't. Plus we wouldn't even be able to use the full MLE, so we'd be stuck with <15M to spend in free agency to fill starting PF, backup SG, backup C. In the new cap environment, I believe the financial term the NBA guys are using for that is "we're fucked".

Literally the absolute stupidest decision would be to just let him walk. He's not a diminishing or declining asset. Not only would it be atrocious asset management, but it would look horrible for the team when it comes to pitching free agents later and how the hell do you explain that to Lowry? "Hey Kyle, so we kinda just let DD go, didn't bring in anyone substantial at another spot to make the team better, but we're cool right?" I don't see that working.
      This is a really solid post, sums up my feelings pretty well.

Even though I'm not really high on DeMar as a top tier player, there's no use in letting him walk in free agency. You only trade him this year if you can get solid returns, and that only happens if the team you're trading him to thinks they can re-sign him.

In my opinion, that's basically the two LA teams, and the Lakers don't have the assets that we would want. The Clippers only have one player that might be interesting enough for us to trade DeMar, which is Blake Griffin, but I can't really see them wanting DeMar as JJ Redick is playing out of his mind this season and is the perfect shooting guard for a team with Chris Paul and DeAndre Jordan.

Therefore, keeping him and re-signing him is the only correct move, and if we want to trade him, do that once he's signed to the new contract.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Who's a better 2 guard.
        Who's available.

who makes the team better on and off the court.

Go find him, then, convince him to sign.....cuz trust me, DD is gonna be the biggest 2 guard available, you're paying him the max because that's what he's worth in the NBA a sit sits.

I think this all seems easy on the old espn trade generator.... but in reality, it really isn't

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
          Who's a better 2 guard.
          Who's available.

who makes the team better on and off the court.

Go find him, then, convince him to sign.....cuz trust me, DD is gonna be the biggest 2 guard available, you're paying him the max because that's what he's worth in the NBA a sit sits.

I think this all seems easy on the old espn trade generator.... but in reality, it really isn't
          why are you assuming that DDs production would need to come from the sg spot as opposed to another position?

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
            why are you assuming that DDs production would need to come from the sg spot as opposed to another position?
            Why are you assuming that DD's production can easily be replaced at another position?

Comment

Why are you assuming that DD's production can easily be replaced at another position?
              Ignoring all the salary cap stuff for now, if you somehow managed to get Horford or Durant (obviously), but it cost you Derozan, you're already there.

Without one of those names (or even with one), of course you need a new system. But that's not a bad thing. The current system is designed to get Derozan good shots. I'd rather a system that gets everyone good shots.

Anyway, at this stage, letting him walk would be a bad move based on the other deals we've already signed.

Comment

because it is completely ignorant to thank any other way.

DD has value and would certainly net pieces that as a group would bring more to the bottom line so to speak.

Comment

because it is completely ignorant to thank any other way.

DD has value and would certainly net pieces that as a group would bring more to the bottom line so to speak.
                  False.

DD has little value in a trade right now because he'd be a rental.

So figuring that into the equation, how do you intend to get equivalent production at another position with $15M in cap space while also filling out your depth (backup SG, backup PF, backup C).

Comment

False.

DD has little value in a trade right now because he'd be a rental.

So figuring that into the equation, how do you intend to get equivalent production at another position with $15M in cap space while also filling out your depth (backup SG, backup PF, backup C).
                    So then you are proudly proclaiming your ignorance.

Bout time.

Comment

So then you are proudly proclaiming your ignorance.

Bout time.

Comment

• Why do you guys talk about trading a player as just replacing his production? The point of trading a player is to move away from his type or level of production.

Seriously makes no logical or business sense.

If you keep DD, we waste another year of JVs development and getting our young guys an opportunity. Our internal development will stagnate even further. Not thanks, let him walk. Move onwards and forwards

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                          Why do you guys talk about trading a player as just replacing his production? The point of trading a player is to move away from his type or level of production.

If you keep DD, we waste another year of JVs development and getting our young guys an opportunity. Our internal development will stagnate even further. Not thanks, let him walk. Move onwards and forwards
                          DD is the one holding JV back from developing? News to me. Seems like they play really well together especially in the pick and roll.

Wouldn't it make more sense to get a coach who wants to exploit possibly our single deadliest two man play? One of the best pick and roll ball handlers in the league and one of the best pick and roll roll-men. Seems like a match made in heaven. Only separated in age by 3 years.

Again DD isn't the one holding JV back.

Comment

Why do you guys talk about trading a player as just replacing his production? The point of trading a player is to move away from his type or level of production.

I actually see your point in a lot of things (especially the underlined even if I don't think Demar should be traded until next season at the earliest given the value of his contract if you were going to trade him) but this one (the bolded) is just not on DeRozan. That's all coach choice. Sure, there are things that you could point to but, yeah, most of it is just Casey.
                            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

So the theory is we get rid of DeMar, don't replace his usage and suddenly JV +Bruno+Norm Powell are going to send us during Lowry's prime where? The 5 seed and a first round exit? (This actually seems optimistic to me). Like I don't understand how we get better from letting a 26 year old in his prime who is one of the faces of the franchise and a premier draw to top talent leave.

The idea that DeMar takes away from JV is pretty dumb to me. DeMar runs some of the best action with JV currently, JV has improved every year despite DeMar being on the floor and there are plenty of shots still to go around (including from DeMar and Lowry) if you think JV is ready for more. Finally, there are plenty of areas of JV's devleopment (most notably his defense and passing) that have nothing to do with DeMar.

Comment

DD is the one holding JV back from developing? News to me. Seems like they play really well together especially in the pick and roll.

Wouldn't it make more sense to get a coach who wants to exploit possibly our single deadliest two man play? One of the best pick and roll ball handlers in the league and one of the best pick and roll roll-men. Seems like a match made in heaven. Only separated in age by 3 years.

Again DD isn't the one holding JV back.
                                And before anyone says that DeMar doesn't pass to JV in the pick and roll, understand that NO ONE does. It's like we have made a conscious decision as a team to never use the roll man, which makes no sense at all.
                                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Working...
                                X